Global AI Ship Traffic is Out

Thread: Global AI Ship Traffic is Out

Global AI Ship Traffic is Out

Last edited by Tom Clayton; March 6th, 2021 at 14:43. Reason: Changed link to landing page instead of d/l
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Thanks for the heads up.

I have it installed, but question, what is the best way to locate some ships? NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I have it installed, but question, what is the best way to locate some ships? NC
    I located to KORF and flew out over the harbor entrance. There was an oil tanker headed outbound, a couple of freighters inbound, and a few scattered container ships that looked anchored.

I didn't see any Navy ships though...and I've heard there's a few of them in the Norfolk vicinity tooling about. But this is version 1.0, it's no biggie.

Definitely ship traffic there that wasn't before.

try ports known for busy shipping. Hong Kong, Gibraltar, Persian Gulf.... I have not found any cruise or sailing ships.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    try ports known for busy shipping. Hong Kong, Gibraltar, Persian Gulf.... I have not found any cruise or sailing ships.
    Different places, different types of shipping... The cruise ships will be in the Caribbean Sea... Container ships in Hong Kong... Ore carriers in Sao Luis and Northern Australia... Sailing ships in Saint Malo, Kiel,... To include everything everywhere would have killed performance in FSX and P3D and in the first places this is - even if there are more ships and more routes - a conversion of the FSX/P3D project. If we can add more traffic now we will see based on performance feed back - one thing is what I can run on a top end computer with not a lot of other heavy stuff and another thing what is the standard in the community... I would happily increase traffic levels and it isn't difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by ceo1944 View Post
    I located to KORF and flew out over the harbor entrance. There was an oil tanker headed outbound, a couple of freighters inbound, and a few scattered container ships that looked anchored.

I didn't see any Navy ships though...and I've heard there's a few of them in the Norfolk vicinity tooling about. But this is version 1.0, it's no biggie.

Definitely ship traffic there that wasn't before.
    You will not find a lot of US Navy ships for the simple reason that Ripcord and I coordinated so Haze Gray Simulations offered a complete US Navy package for FSX/P3D and I took care of everything else.... Now if Ripcord will port to MSFS I do not know. If not, I will increase the US Navy presence in future updates. I do have the standard classes like Arleigh Burke Class and Ticonderoga Class available, but not the carriers nor submarines.

if you want to find particular ships then download the Global AI Ship Locator V2 by Carl Vokes from simviation. Even if it is not updated with the latest additions it will tell you were to find 90% of the ships. Else install Little NavMap.

Members who have read this thread: 1