New User

Thread: New User

New User

Hello, forum.

I have just retired, and am getting back into CFS3. I have a few questions I hope you can help me with.

I have the MAW add-on. Is there an update past 1941? I am looking for USAAF aircraft, and a few more modern British planes.

Is there a Pacific Theater game? I would like to try my hand at anti-shipping missions.

Is there a Coastal Command game? Again, I'd like to try anti-shipping and anti U-boat missions.

I have tried looking on line with Google, and so far just get dead or invalid links.

Thank you.

Regards,

Tom Holley th498@aol.com

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Glad you are here Tom. Here is a link for MAW 1943. It is a separate install and covers forces in that era. It is very well done and one of my favorites. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...light=MAW+1943

Blog Entries
    In the warbirds library you will find downloads for CFS3. Check the stickies in the forum for the other expansions,updates, info on installing and much more. You may feel your head about to explode but take your time. I'm just getting back after not being able to play for years and now playing catch up again. Welcome and enjoy. Regards,Scott

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi Tom, if you are "time poor" another quick stand alone install is CFS3 modified stock upgrade V2. Should be a link in the stickies. I put it together as a "stop gap" for busy people, before they move on to PTO and ETO etc.

Also, welcome to the forum! We’re a helpful lot, so just ask.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

AnotherQueation

Hello, list.

I have downloaded and installed the original MAW and BoB expansion packs. But I cannot find any anti shipping mission available to generate in the Quick Combat tab. How do I access the various vessels in these games?

Regards,

Tom Holley

Blog Entries
    There are several convoy protection and other stuff in the BoB ver1 install under missions.
    Last edited by sixstrings5859; March 7th, 2021 at 18:56.

Blog Entries
    Hello Tom. You can find many types of missions for MAW in the warbirds section under others/ missions and campaigns. Some really good ones there. Hope this helps. Regards,Scott

Blog Entries
    Make sure you get the updated scenery and use Ankor's latest shader package found here. here's a link for the scenery http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...8&sort=d&pp=20 and around here for the missions http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d&page=2&pp=20 Hope this helps. Regards,Scott

Blog Entries
    You won't find it in QC but in missions and campaigns. In missions you can select from the stock ones available . Don't know what is stock as mine is heavily modded.

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by TomHolley View Post
    Hello, list.

I have downloaded and installed the original MAW and BoB expansion packs. But I cannot find any anti shipping mission available to generate in the Quick Combat tab. How do I access the various vessels in these games?

Regards,

Tom Holley
    Hi Tom, if you are happy to tweak xml files using Notepad, there is a trick which makes shipping more available in QC. However they won't be mission objectives. Ships in QC mode are generated by the ground.spawns file in the Spawns folder. By adding more ship xml spawns, and putting their entries into the ground.spawns file, you should get ships to appear more frequently when flying over the ocean in QC mode. There is a mission and spawn scripting SDK which is worth a look explaining how it all works.

Blog Entries
    Hi Tom, Take a look around and explore this site you can find help and links to most of the expansions. Yes,there is the Pacific expansions-(2 of them),found in the sticky section. Believe me,google doesn't know everything ! Regards,Scott

Members who have read this thread: 0