Wing42 Boeing 247 (and Vega) incoming

Thread: Wing42 Boeing 247 (and Vega) incoming

Wing42 Boeing 247 (and Vega) incoming

Picked up the superb Bleriot from the MSFS Marketplace today and decided to check out the Wing42 website.

Was excited to see they have a Boeing 247D in the works, which will make an excellent hangar companion for the AH DC-3 for us classic airliner fans!

The Lockheed Vega is in the works for MSFS too.

Thanks for the tip, Denny, looks very promising !

I try to avoid whinging about developers but I'm not too pleased with WING42.
    As they started off releasing the Lockheed Vega as an 'Early Access' P3Dv4/5 project I was happy to pay up front and was more than happy to have one of my favorite Golden Age aircraft.
    There were several updates and several more to come........ but they didn't.
    I'll rephrase my comment: more disappointed than displeased, I believe in early access projects and helping fund them, and I understand the rush to jump on the MSFS bandwagon, but I do think abandoning one's original supporters is very short sighted.
    Love the choice of subjects, could do better on the support front and would appreciate the Vega being completed as promised for P3Dv5.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Boing 247? Why he wonders. They really should have released the Vega, but it too is a bit of an odd duck. And yes, they led many along with update promises on the Vega, then disappeared for a long time. But whatever, there are many choice aircraft coming. that Spit is supposed to be Friday.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

To each his own... I'd take a Boeing 247D over a Vega any day, but they're going to offer both, which is nice.

I saw their note on the Vega for P3D and agree that putting it aside for the MSFS version might be necessary from a business sense but it's disappointing for paying customers. If they want to do right for their early supporters, they should offer people who bought the P3D version of the Vega a steep discount on the MSFS version.

All that said, the Bleriot is just fantastic -- I like it a lot more than I expected to -- so I'm anxious to see what they do with both planes on MSFS. And hopefully they'll eventually make good on their P3D Vega promises. As I understand it, the current release is in pretty good shape, but they promised further tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    I saw their note on the Vega for P3D and agree that putting it aside for the MSFS version might be necessary from a business sense but it's disappointing for paying customers. If they want to do right for their early supporters, they should offer people who bought the P3D version of the Vega a steep discount on the MSFS version.

All that said, the Bleriot is just fantastic -- I like it a lot more than I expected to -- so I'm anxious to see what they do with both planes on MSFS. And hopefully they'll eventually make good on their P3D Vega promises. As I understand it, the current release is in pretty good shape, but they promised further tweaks.
    Actually it shows a deep lack of respect for his customers (which today is me but tomorrow can be you).
    IIRC the P3D version was abandoned before the MSFS announcement but we can't confirm this because the old forum is no longer working. Updating the "vintage looking" website and (more important) cleaning all the uncomfortable questions of his first supporters wa$ mor€ important than finish the features promised for the Vega.
    I don't have any problem with his move to MSFS. We all have to eat. But at least it should have ended what he promised. Even after the more atractive releases for the new platform. The "we will finish the development of the Vega eventually!" sounds like a nail in the coffin of the P3D version of the Vega. Let's hope not.

that 247 looks interesting, might be one of my first payware purchases for MSFS if it gets decent reviews.

- dcc
    - -

Blog Entries
    Guys!! The Vega is being worked on.. Just be patient.. The Boeing and the next plane are sanity savers as Vitus has had years of Vega in his face.. Just be patient. I guarantee you wont regret it..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc View Post
    that 247 looks interesting, might be one of my first payware purchases for MSFS if it gets decent reviews.

- dcc
    Confidence is High....

Did you notice the toilet paper roll in the 247 lavatory? Now THAT is attention to detail.

Boom!

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Moses03 View Post
    Did you notice the toilet paper roll in the 247 lavatory? Now THAT is attention to detail.

Boom!

Kevin

Not only that, there is a turd in the bucket. ;-)
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Five years ago, the last airworthy Boeing 247 made its very last flight. Part of The Museum of Flight collection in Seattle.

Lots of wobble pump action to get the engines started.

Members who have read this thread: 0