Thread: Just saw that Carenado's Arrow is in the marketplace

Just saw that Carenado's Arrow is in the marketplace

Along with other new items.

LouP

Quote Originally Posted by LouP View Post
    Along with other new items.

LouP
    I'll be waiting for the Justflight one.

I do have Carenado's Mooney.... it's decent for a first MSFS addon.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

I posted a couple of screenshots in the screenshot topic. It really flies nicely, and love the steam gauges with basic GPS setup.

Hoping Just Flight offers a discount for owners of the P3D Turbo Arrow. If so, I'll have both Carenado's standard and JF's Turbo and can compare them.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    I posted a couple of screenshots in the screenshot topic. It really flies nicely, and love the steam gauges with basic GPS setup.

Hoping Just Flight offers a discount for owners of the P3D Turbo Arrow. If so, I'll have both Carenado's standard and JF's Turbo and can compare them.
    Please note: if you want to fly after dark in Carenado PA-28 you'll have to spawn on the runway. If you start on the ramp cold n dark the two rotary panel light knobs will NOT function and
    you will not have panel or instrument lighting

Starting on the runway ready for flight allows the Panel lights and their respective rotary knobs to work properly.
    I have opened a ticket at Carenado - if you test this and find the same is true please report it to Carenado
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Not able to test this myself because a certain Spitfire crossed my path to buy the Arrow,( who bothers to fly an Arrow when you have a Spitfire standing next to it in your hangar ;-) but i have read that you should be able to light up the cockpit by first using the ol' 'l' key (i.e. same as in all FS versions before) and then somehow the lighting knobs will be activated. I'd say give it a try.

lower case "l" as in 'lights' ?
    I'll check it

EDIT: yes it works exactly as in FSX - which is terrible. Because exactly as with FSX it also lights up the big dumb white overhead cabin light. And just like in FSX there is no way to turn that light off
    separately and independently from the other lights. No Go

But it DID activate the rotary panel and inst. light switches
    enter..the Sandman

Yessir, that's what i've read.

EDIT : Well, just like with FSX and the whole kitt'n caboodle before that, you can fumble around with the lighting in the aircraft.cfg/ [LIGHTS] department. ( sorry, not tried anything like that myself sofar, not sure if it still works the same here in MSFS) you would f.i. be able to do away with the overhead light all together simply by removing its params.

see the edit above - it works but it doesn't work properly
    enter..the Sandman

Did you read *my* Edit ?.. ;-)

lol - sort of like saying 'check six' isn't it

MSFS has three separate .flt parameters - one for the ramp - one for the runway - and one for spawning 'in flight' apparently and this is for each aircraft.
    either one of the three can be loaded based on the player selection of where to begin the flight.

This is why loading the airplane on the runway (with that .flt) in the case of this airplane - will give you control over the panel lights - but starting on the ramp (with that different .flt) will not.

As to editing the 'lights' section of the Carenado aircrafts - I have not discovered where or even whether it can be done - especially as I remember that even in FSX Carenado didn't really provide that ability. Their lighting was 'baked in'
    enter..the Sandman

Members who have read this thread: 0