New freeware releases from Alphasim - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New freeware releases from Alphasim

No issues and Bob's paints are good enough in FsX as are the props in his Fs9 repaints. I just hope this wasn't a mistake on Phil's part as I'd hate to give 'em back

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Bob's paints are awesome. I'd like to see more "dirty" or worn paints available for other planes and helicopters.

I was going to look at the contact points to see if there was something amiss with that right rear wheel. Looked like I had a flat!

Jim

Looking for a way to trim the S-55 I googled and found this thread: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...p?threadid=139

This gauge does the trick as the S-55 tends to tip backwards and now it, along with any other heli can be trimmed like any fixed wing aircraft.
    SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Looking for a way to trim the S-55 I googled and found this thread: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...p?threadid=139

This gauge does the trick as the S-55 tends to tip backwards and now it, along with any other heli can be trimmed like any fixed wing aircraft.
    Thanks for the info. During the brief flight this morning I noticed that it wanted to lean backwards a lot. Couldn't really hover in place since I was pushing the stick forward to keep the fuselage level. This should help.

Now if only that left rear tire wasn't flat.
    :ernae:

Is anyone else experiencing missing VC textures in the S-55? All of the gauges are present but they float in a pool of inky blackness...
    Swa se ðeodkyning þeawum lyfde

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    noticed that it wanted to lean backwards a lot. Couldn't really hover in place since I was pushing the stick forward to keep the fuselage level.
    I was able to compensate for this somewhat by moving the main rotor location back slightly. The setting is in the [MainRotor] section of the Aircraft.cfg file. This seems OK but there could be some undetected side effects of course.

Position = -0.3, 0.0, 4.91 //Longitudinal, Lateral, Vertical feet from datum

Some experimentation might be in order and there could be some variation with differing fuel loads? I don't think it hurts to play with the setting a bit.

Rick

I think the flat tyre will take some fixing since both rear gear contact points have the same settings, it looks like it may be a model problem, I bunged the Fs9 models in replacing the FSX model and all is ok.

hobofat
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris H View Post
    Is anyone else experiencing missing VC textures in the S-55? All of the gauges are present but they float in a pool of inky blackness...
    I have this problem.

Thanks also for the A-3B!

Changes i made in the aircraft.cfg:

[lights]
    //Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
    light.0 = 3, -33.20, 0.00, 17.55, fx_shockwave_navwhi
    light.1 = 1, 6.89, 0.00, 4.75, fx_shockwave_beaconh_lowl ; top
    light.2 = 1, -4.60, 0.00, -3.12, fx_shockwave_beaconb_lowl ; btm
    light.3 = 4, 28.26, -1.64, 2.11, fx_shockwave_vclight ; pilot
    light.4 = 4, 26.11, 1.61, 2.66, fx_shockwave_vclight ; nav
    light.5 = 7,0.500, -14.000, 0.300, fx_iris_smoke
    light.6 = 9,0.500, 14.000, 0.300, fx_iris_smoke
    light.7 = 5, 32.67, -0.50, -3.75, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow_no_flare

For the smoke, you need Nick's smoke gauge and i replaced the taxi lights switch with a beacon switch (by default the beacons are enabled with the Nav lights).

Works only with XPack:

[launch_assistance]
    launch_bar_pivot=21.5, 0.3, -13.0
    launch_bar_lug=21.5, 0.3, -16.5
    [GPWS]
    max_warning_height = -1 //No need for GPWS
    [VoiceAlerts]
    LowFuelPct = 0.1, -1, 60 //Low Fuel limit (percent), Check BELOW, Check every 60 seconds

sound: http://simviation.com/hjg/sounds/boe...j57_no_rev.zip

EDIT:
    @Chris and hobo
    did you change the texture.cfgs? Or you can try the $vpanel.bmp of the FS9 version (panel folder).

EDIT2:
    Regarding the differences between FS9 and FSX version of the S-55:

FS9:
    [fuselage_aerodynamics]
    drag_force_cf = 4.25
    yaw_stability_cf = 0.27
    FSX:
    [fuselage_aerodynamics]
    drag_force_cf = 3.25
    pitch_stability_cf=0.000000
    FS9:
    [MainRotor]
    Position = -0.5, 0.0, 4.91 //Longitudinal, Lateral, Vertical feet from datum
    inflow_vel_reference = 59.0
    FSX:
    [MainRotor]
    Position = 0.2, 0.0, 4.91 //Longitudinal, Lateral, Vertical feet from datum
    inflow_vel_reference = 55.0
    FS9:
    [electrical]
    max_battery_voltage = 28
    FSX:
    [electrical]
    max_battery_voltage = 24

Question Questions About Trim Gauge

A few questions about the new "Trim Gauge" in the Alpha S-55 . Got installed ok and it shows up I believe when I hit Shift + 4 . A little rectangular gauge shows with three parameters itch , bank , and yaw . Value of zero is showing . Do I click on this gauge and change the value(negative) because when attempt this I can't insert any numbers in the gauge . When I figure this out I understand fron the ReadMe file that any changes I make creates a confuration file (Somewhere?) and this config file must eventually end up in the main S-55 folder ?

Rich

(Goal changing nose pitch down to level as discussed here in this thread)

chinookmark
    You just trim the heli using your standard airplane trim controls. The gauge just shows you what your trims are set to.

New aircraft.cfg to give level hover here

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mickoo/files/Aircraft.zip

Though you may now find that it is a little nose heavy at high speed, not tested that fully yet, but peoples perceptions always differ from mine anyway, it can be tweaked if its wildly out.

Original exterior model files with correct gear here, at least they perform ok here on my set up, dont know why the freebe one doesnt ?.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mickoo/...5_exterior.zip
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mickoo/...w_exterior.zip

If these work can someone update the download files, certainly here and other places if they feel up to it.

Enjoy

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by chinookmark View Post
    You just trim the heli using your standard airplane trim controls. The gauge just shows you what your trims are set to.
    No, not my experience! Without the gauge elevator trim made no effect. With the gauge normal fixed wing type trim can be applied. If required a visible indication of trim can be seen on the panel. I opted to do without it.
    SYSTEM :

Thanks for the air files and models Michael:ernae:. I'm really enjoying this heli...I can fly it and land it without virtually killing all on board.
    SYSTEM :

Guess I better get to downloading some nice stuff here. I don't have flightsim x so I won't bother with them

Thank you mucho grande!!!!

Really impressed with Obio's sound pack & update (mix 'em) for the S-55 in the SOH recent downloads!
    SYSTEM :

Thanks for the air files and models Michael:ernae:. I'm really enjoying this heli...I can fly it and land it without virtually killing all on board.
    Roger, it should fly pretty good, getting the power weight ratio right despite all of MS efforts to screw it up was pretty difficult, but its quite docile, with new techniques learnt since its release it could be trimmed up a bit more, but I like its docility and it is a good platform for fixed wing people to try their hand at helos and not become totally disillusioned in the first three minutes .

With out the gauge people are discussing then you wont be able to trim the helo, MS FS helo FDEs do not support trim or auto pilot natively, SP2 and Acc might have changed that with respect to auto pilot but trim has always required a 3rd party gauge, its just one of those things you get used too.

Remember top speed in this is pretty low, about 60Knts, it will go faster but you end up with so much fwd collective that you end up looking at the ground a lot of the time, again a MS foible thats awkward to get round, if you stick to 60-70Knts then you'll be plenty fine.

Best

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by hobofat View Post
    I have this problem.
    Surely we can't be the only ones experiencing this?
    Swa se ðeodkyning þeawum lyfde

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    There was no FSX version when I painted the original textures so I have never loaded it in there myself. I did notice that there are six texture sets (or at least folders) in the FSX version whereas there were originally only five in the FS2004 version. Maybe the sixth is a "common" folder? If so then I wrote up the File_ID.diz file incorrectly -- oops. :whistle:

Do you recall what texture set you had loaded or was this freezing up across the board?
    It freezes up across the board. It happens when going from the external view back to the VC.

It's getting very annoying.

-G-

Quote Originally Posted by Lateral-G View Post
    It freezes up across the board. It happens when going from the external view back to the VC.

-G-
    I assume you've extracted the required textures only if you're using Fs9 textures? I've loaded Bob's photoreal after keeping the ones required for FsX and converting them to .dds. The rest of the textures required are in the common texture folder and of course the Fs9 paints will need a texture.cfg in the folder too.
    SYSTEM :

Just installed Obio's sound updates. BIG improvement! Thanks a lot.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Lateral-G View Post

-G-
    Bummer. Don't know what to suggest.

I assume you've extracted the required textures only if you're using Fs9 textures? I've loaded Bob's photoreal after keeping the ones required for FsX and converting them to .dds. The rest of the textures required are in the common texture folder and of course the Fs9 paints will need a texture.cfg in the folder too.
    I'm using the FSX download from AVSIM. I wasn't aware I had to make any changes. If I do what's the procedure?

-G-

If you're not using anything other than the default FsX textures then nothing needs to be done. I can't imagine why you're getting lock-ups.
    SYSTEM :

Are the VC panel textures correct with the inky black background as is or is there a fix for that