Flaps Hotfix released (v1.13.17.0)

Thread: Flaps Hotfix released (v1.13.17.0)

Flaps Hotfix released (v1.13.17.0)

A HOTFIX is now available
    General

• Fixed the flaps issue that was introduced in World Update 3
    • Fixed the photogrammetry for Southampton and Portsmouth

Developer mode

• Fixed Scenery Editor crashes when loading BGLs with Projected Meshes
    • Fixed BGL backward compatibility issue with light rows

The update is done via the store (Microsoft Store or Steam) without anything else to download.
    Last edited by Tom Clayton; March 2nd, 2021 at 18:12. Reason: Fixed white text and added version to title
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post
    A HOTFIX is now available
    General

• Fixed the flaps issue that was introduced in World Update 3
    • Fixed the photogrammetry for Southampton and Portsmouth

Developer mode

• Fixed Scenery Editor crashes when loading BGLs with Projected Meshes
    • Fixed BGL backward compatibility issue with light rows

The update is done via the store (Microsoft Store or Steam) without anything else to download.
    When? I don't see it yet.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

this one comes via MS Store, about 1GB. downloading it as I write this.

- dcc
    - -

If you used their workaround and rewrote the flaps lift, they recommend deleting those aircraft and allowing them to reload with the next launch.

However!!!

If you delete either the TBM or the C152, it will trigger a re-d/l of the entire sim. I strongly suggest that you just undo those edits manually.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

The hotfix also fixed the lights appearing all over the place on add-on airport runways and taxiways. Nice.

They sometimes sneak in some low priority items that they may have happened to get fixed while other large issues were being worked. My first (I think) Zendesk request was a collection of issues at KINT, including some deep canyons cutting across one taxiway. The next update included a fix for that airport that encompassed more than I had requested. They do listen, but I guess it's a matter of priority sometimes.

Edit: It was actually my 4th request...
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

It won't update for me no matter what even after I removed the manual flap fixes. Go figure. Guess I will put the fixes back in an leave as is... SMDH!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I can't find it in the MS Store... Is there a specific file name for it?
    Cheers,
    Dave

Dave, click the ... in the upper right corner of the Store app and choose Downloads and Updates from the menu. Then click the "Get Updates" button.

How odd, I was never notified of the update being installed but it is showing my version and being updated to v1.13.17.0. I will assume it is good to go. So far the testing seemed to indicate that it is.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Dave, click the ... in the upper right corner of the Store app and choose Downloads and Updates from the menu. Then click the "Get Updates" button.

Thanks again - got it.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Got it from the store, thanks. Seems to have worked. Yea! Now about those glowing outlines..... Guess that's a much bigger fix.

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    How odd, I was never notified of the update being installed but it is showing my version and being updated to v1.13.17.0. I will assume it is good to go. So far the testing seemed to indicate that it is.
    Same here - I did nothing but open MSFS..there was no update of any kind evident to me but the version number is correct on the home screen.
    Also when I check the store page where the list of installed 'apps' shows MSFS and below that the correct version.

Having flown only the Caravan 208 since then I noticed the pitch-up moment when lowering flaps was reduced however I do not see significant drag being induced.
    Also - I experienced a new problem, The trim wheel began to roll forward suddenly and fully without any input from me and with the AP OFF - this happened twice on the same short flight. Aircraft tried to lawn dart itself.
    I finally just ended the flight and have not touched MSFS since.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    I've had this happen too. But if you try to start the sim after the update is available and before the Store has picked it up, the sim should redirect you to the store to get the update.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Got it from the store, thanks. Seems to have worked. Yea! Now about those glowing outlines..... Guess that's a much bigger fix.
    https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/366571

Vote for this bug on the official forum, then file a Zendesk ticket. At last check, this glaring issue was still down at #21 on the bugs list. More votes and more ZD tickets will bring it up on the priority list.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    I've had this happen too. But if you try to start the sim after the update is available and before the Store has picked it up, the sim should redirect you to the store to get the update.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/366571

Vote for this bug on the official forum, then file a Zendesk ticket. At last check, this glaring issue was still down at #21 on the bugs list. More votes and more ZD tickets will bring it up on the priority list.
    pretty big update today. Lots of fixes including the dreaded texture outline issue. Be sure to remove your community folder first.

pretty big update today. Lots of fixes including the dreaded texture outline issue. Be sure to remove your community folder first.
    And it looks like the aircraft selection tab is broken. Selection will not change. Go ASOBO! I sware, they need to hire some Russian coders. ;-)

And it looks like the aircraft selection tab is broken. Selection will not change. Go ASOBO! I sware, they need to hire some Russian coders. ;-)
    Post a screenshot please...
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Works fine for me
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post
    Works fine for me
    Well, it did the install of new content, but you had to go out to the MS store and manually download the 1G portion of the game again otherwise it would not launch a flight. Then had to redownload the new content. But all is well now with this mess.

j

Members who have read this thread: 0