When a 'What if ...' idea goes rogue!

Thread: When a 'What if ...' idea goes rogue!

When a 'What if ...' idea goes rogue!

I recently purchased the Virtualcol Airbus A220 Series when it was on sale at SimMarket and while I was at it I grabbed the excellent paintkit from the Virtualcol site. I then saw a wonderful, but yet to be flown, aircraft being painted for Air Canada in a retro style based on the former Trans-Canada Air Lines scheme https://onemileatatime.com/air-canad...-retro-livery/ .

That started me thinking about other recent retro schemes and out came the paintkit for a series of British 'what if's'.................

BOAC 'New' Scheme on an A220-300

BOAC 'Old' Scheme on an A220-300

British Airways 'Landor' Scheme on an A220-300

British Airways 'Red Tail' Scheme on an A220-300

British Airways 'Jack Tail' Scheme on an A220-300

... and finally a British European Airways scheme on an A220-100

They look quite convincing and fit well IMHO and provided a few hours/days of fun during the lockdown. If anyone is interested in having one or more I do have them zipped up ready for upload to the SOH library but I will only release them if there is any interest.

P.S. I must apologize to my dear, late, friend, Garry Russel from the Classic British Flight Sim forum who was well known for his strong dislike (that's putting it mildly) of any type of 'what if' scheme and who is probably spinning in his box right now! Sorry Garry!
    Larry

Larry,
    I know very well how much Garry disliked "what-if" schemes, but I love them - well, some of them, and particularly anything to do with BOAC and BEA. So, please, I like and I want - if you would be so kind,
    Ro

Wow! Beautiful ways to express yourself Larry! Well done. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by rohan View Post
    Larry,
    I know very well how much Garry disliked "what-if" schemes, but I love them - well, some of them, and particularly anything to do with BOAC and BEA. So, please, I like and I want - if you would be so kind,
    Ro

I have uploaded the schemes Ro, they will be available just as soon as the librarians get to them.
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Wow! Beautiful ways to express yourself Larry! Well done. :-)
    Thanks Milton, they were fun to paint with a paintkit that was fairly easy to use albeit one without a mesh layer so you had to use a lot of trial and error to find where various parts were.

The first paint (BOAC New) took about 10+ hours to complete but a lot of that was spent getting the cheat line above the cockpit windows right (three faces and small paint areas) and tuning the opacity for all the panel line, rivet, dirt and detail layers etc. Once I had that done the rest went much faster as they all used the same settings, the last one (BA Jack Tail) only took 3 hours from start to finish and most of that time was spent on the tail design and logo font.
    Larry

Members who have read this thread: 0