An old project brought up to date: Canso PBY-5 of SAGQ - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: An old project brought up to date: Canso PBY-5 of SAGQ

You don't need to log in to the site. The "username" and "password" for the download are contained within the description at the bottom of the page, highlighted in yellow (as is normal for all downloads on the French-VFR website).

I've just downloaded the newest version and I am looking forward to checking it out!

Well,

always, the same problem ...

- On the post #39 you have the link for the English version of my site.
    - On the first page of frenchvfr.free.fr, I have mentionned that it is not necessary to sign on my site in order to download addons
    - Don't use the French version and Google because the username/password can be translate incorrectly and verification are not correct
    - Read all the comments that I give above the link (highlighted in yellow) where you can find THE username/password needed !

Sorry, but a lot of users go directly on the links and do not read informations that I write and translate for french and english people.

Martial, my repainter favorite has just finish the N427 CV livery which will be included in the next version :

PS: Thanks Bomber for your help
    Last edited by lagaffe; May 21st, 2022 at 11:14.

Absolutely fantastic. Always loved the PBY. Can't wait to download the next version with the beautiful livery in the previous post. Your work is greatly appreciated.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by johnwillimas2 View Post
    I love the look of the PBY but I have a problem with the propeller control. Nothing I can do (neither keyboard nor trying to grasp the yellow pitch controls) seems to affect the prop pitch? I'm guessing I'm doing something v. stupid but I've not had this problem on other aircraft....
    Sorry, I had not see your question: it's normal.
    The yellow control are for propellers (propeller pitch / feathering) that MSFS currently begins to support but I had not animated theses controls in this version V.0.7.8

Propellers are yet animated but not the controls. It my work for the next week ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by lagaffe View Post
    Sorry, I had not see your question: it's normal.
    The yellow control are for propellers (propeller pitch / feathering) that MSFS currently begins to support but I had not animated theses controls in this version V.0.7.8

Propellers are yet animated but not the controls. It my work for the next week ;-)
    Many thanks! I'll look forward to future versions. Keep up the good work!

Hello,

Some news from this project, on which I have works even during "French hot days". It represents the status of the WIP version that will soon be released as v0.8

On the Blisters version, boarding via the rear of the fuselage (like in the Caravelle")

Emergency manual pump for hydraulic circuit and a "hole" in the cockpit to see if the front gear is "in" or "out" :

On the Water Bomber version, I have finish aircraft structure and mechanics for opening the tanks ( pipes, springs and dawnpers) :

The same view but on Blisters version :

Fully modelled APU with control knob and voltage monitoring gauge - function not currently coded in XML

On the Water bomber, APU and probe/scoop to collect water (today I wil finish structures, pipes and tubes to command the dawnper):

Last section on the Water bomber

The sunroof or sunday on Blisters version:

With this all 3D modelisation has been finish, then I commute on texturing with ArmorPaint ...

Hi,

I have just published my latest working version. This version isn’t the last, it is a simple snapshot from my developments, but it contains 95% of the elements I wanted to model.
    As for the textures, they are quite basic, they are just textures that allow me to better understand the 3D during my work. Some are more worked (PBR) when it is about small parts or tests.

The next stage of development will be mainly focused on :

• the final textures, all mapping and textures will be rework (PBR and paintkit)
    • the improvement of the existing XML code because there are some bugs that are still present and some functions that I need to finish coding.
    • the management of the internal cockpit lights: the buttons are already animated but I’ll want to write the code in the presence of the final textures to only make one pass on this issue.

Known bug
    :

• The ATtitude Indicator give false information: in horizontal flight, the displayed artificial horizon leans to the left (~2°), the problem is known, isolated and being fixed.

For the moment, you can already download this V0.8.0 release which contains 10 repaints:

• SAGQ C-FPQK n°712 (Quebec)
    • Northwest Territories Canada C-FNJE n°712
    • 1S5 Aeronavale version
    • C-FCRR Air France version
    • C-FCRR Okavanga version
    • ICONA EC-FMC Hispanic version of Water Bomber
    • F-ZBAR French Protection Civil (1965)
    • N9767 Bertaud-Belieu
    • N427 CV US version restaured in South Africa
    • G-PBYA Miss Pick Up

Once version 1.0 is released, my aim is to continue my developments by incorporating a “damage mode” (a light accufeel) from the one I wrote for the C-150 Tibush (FSX/P3D).

Good Fly !

PS: For help or remarks, please e-mail to frenchvfr at free dot fr

Coming together nicely!

SOH-CM-2023
    Thanks for the new paints and interior views. Very nice. Makes for more interesting flights.

Your pilot selection sits on the right side. Is that a European or other convention as opposed to the left side for the USA?

Quote Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
    Thanks for the new paints and interior views. Very nice. Makes for more interesting flights.

Your pilot selection sits on the right side. Is that a European or other convention as opposed to the left side for the USA?
    No, it is just to have the possibility to pilot in the "Command place" and have also a "First Officier" at the right place

I could not resist:
    jk5374 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk5386 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Lagaffe, you mention you are going to work on the textures next. I'm looking forward to your improved textures, and the paintkit to make paints for this aircraft. I noticed you only have one texture for both engines, is it an idea to include separate textures for the engines, so we can make for instance camouflage schemes where the engines have different colours?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Lagaffe, you mention you are going to work on the textures next. I'm looking forward to your improved textures, and the paintkit to make paints for this aircraft. I noticed you only have one texture for both engines, is it an idea to include separate textures for the engines, so we can make for instance camouflage schemes where the engines have different colours?
    Files texture used for theses versions are old 1024x1024 extrapoled in 4096x4096.
    I have to modify the actual mapping and dispatch elements on several files. Currently, you hav seen that windows support above pilot aren't mapped correctly (yellow on some repaint). This kind of detail should be modify.

PS: warning, on the Catalina wings are "metalic" but some parts of the wings are covered with "canvas" as well as the rear wings.

jk5411 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk5425 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

jk5404 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Since this one was brought up in another thread, I'll give this "main" thread a bump for visibility.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Since this one was brought up in another thread, I'll give this "main" thread a bump for visibility.
    Thank you very much Tom, since this is the official post to follow this development.

I would like to take this opportunity to summarize the latest (or planned) updates made in my work environment:

• A change to the heading indicator was applied (pinable indicator added with it s cXML code)
    • A slight bug was discovered by one of the users after the release of SU12, this bug affects the engine oil temperature. In cruise, this temperature exceeds 100°C while it should be 80° ~ 85°C. The origin of the problem was found and corrected.
    • All the outer rivets are being made using MSFS_Decalc material. The advancement is 70%
    • Another bug is cutting the fuel inlet valves when using the CTRL+E control. The cause is being investigated.
    • A PBY-6 was planned to be added with its KLN90B (gauge developed by FALCON71 on FSDeveloper.com):

Presumably a new version summarizing all these corrections should be released as soon as possible

SOH-CM-2024
    I am smitten and ready for Version 1.0. Please include a Paint Kit. I'd like to do an OV-10A, the USAF's version of the PBY-5. Here's my model of it, 1/144 scale.

Cazzie

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oa10_1.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	316.9 KB 
ID:	93068Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oa10_2.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	614.5 KB 
ID:	93069Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oa10_3.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	127.9 KB 
ID:	93070

Canso PBY-5 Ausralian versions (Jan Kees -thanks mate!)

I think your excellent work is a great testament to your technical and artistic capabilities. This model is a joy to look at and a joy to fly!

Add to that Jan's skill and experience in presenting well thought out and exciting liveries just make a great model even greater!

Keep up the good work, we all appreciate your efforts.
    Ken
    Designer of the YAS Merlin engined Spitfire Series

Looking forward for next update on this project. Is it possible to add the original military configuration model with nose turret in the next version? It would be nice to see it in MSFS

Members who have read this thread: 160