An old project brought up to date: Canso PBY-5 of SAGQ - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: An old project brought up to date: Canso PBY-5 of SAGQ

Hi,
    This project continues to move forward and I am at a stage in the development process.
    The management interface was added this morning, and two technical points that were bothering me have been resolved.

I'll see if I can get a stable WIP version up and running (as soon as possible) so that those who want to test can do so. In any case, it won't be on flightsim.to but on my personal website http://frenchvfr.free.fr

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Debug-and-Iphone.jpg  

Hi,

One screen with all accessories (display managed by a tablet - screenshot at the bottom) around the aircraft when it is parked:

and the same position with the C-FNJE parked on Mirabel

I'm really looking forward to this, my favorite aircraft!

But those engines look a bit odd to me?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	quebec-1-308_orig.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	307.9 KB 
ID:	86057
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    I'm really looking forward to this, my favorite aircraft!

But those engines look a bit odd to me?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	quebec-1-308_orig.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	307.9 KB 
ID:	86057
    Yes, it is the same plane, bought by the Quebecers but which is now a wreck in a car park.
    Whereas C-FNJE had an accident and was recovered and restored by an association: www.savethecanso.com which has a very interesting website.

For the engines, they are two twin-wasp from Pratt & Whitney ;-)

Members +
    HB, Ca.-Seattle,Wa.-Fujieda-Shizuoka-Japan
    As a kid growing up my grandparents were close friends of the "Gordons' Gordon Gordon and wife Mary Dorr (2nd wife) he was a former FBI agent turned author (if any of you remember). He owned & flew a PBY for many years.
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit 22H2 Build 19045.3930
    Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (BIOS F-10)
    Core i7 3770K
    G-Skill Trident X 32GB DDR3 CL7-8-8-24
    Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB
    1TB Crucial MX500 SSD
    1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
    1TB RAW Mushkin SSD
    2TB PNY CS900 SSD
    LG Blue Ray Burner DL
    Rosewill mid tower Challenger
    Corsair RM 750 PSU
    Inateck KU5211 USB 3.2 Adapter
    LTERIVER PCE-G2S4 PCIe 4port SATA card
    X56 HOTAS
    Grassmonkey Joseph II Puck
    Oculus Quest 2
    TM 2x MFD Cougar
    T-Mobile Home Internet 5G (KDV21)

A beautiful aircraft you have done a great job can't wait for this one to come out
    MB Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master CPU i7 12700K @4.6 GHz GPU Gigabyte RTX 3080ti Cooler Noctua NH-U15 with 2 fans RAM 32MB Corsair DDR5 Vengeance 5200MHz Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Watt Case Thermaltake level 20 xt Windows 11 64 bit Thrustmaster HOTAS warthog stick and throttle Thrustmaster TPR pendular rudder pedals

Hello,

Well, I have released a WIP version yesterday, on my website: http://frenchvfr.free.fr, find on the english section, "Download - Native aircrafts for MSFS".
    This addon is not finished, I have some work to do in order to acheive it. I think it will be ok for June

I will try to contact TuFun (Ted Wolfgang) in order to ask him to use his "DC-3 sounds" (currently, I use some sounds found on AVSim Library) but I cannot reach him. Somebody can help me ?
    In a first stage I will use its like this but I hope to be able to use Wwise to package them in MSFS format.

Note: My website is in french but also in english. You don’t need to create an account to download, read carefully the instructions.
    And NO, before all questions: I don’t want to publish anymore on flightsim.to.

SOH-CM-2023
    Nicely built PBY. Tried the test version and it flies nicely too.

Had a problem when I pulled back on my Logitech Hat switch. The sim locked up and had to end the sim in task manager. Restarting the sim and running the PBY failed. The throttle failed to control the engine. Flying a different plane and then the PBY allowed the throttle and plane to work correctly.

Hi Lagaffe! I'm really excited to try the Canso, but when I try to download it from your site, it keeps requesting the username/password. I'm using pilot as the username, virtual as the password, but it's not taking it. Nothing capitalized.

EDIT! Aha! Google Translate had translated the page. Now about to download using the proper French user name and password!

I'm leaving this post in case anyone else makes the same mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Hi Lagaffe! I'm really excited to try the Canso, but when I try to download it from your site, it keeps requesting the username/password. I'm using pilot as the username, virtual as the password, but it's not taking it. Nothing capitalized.

EDIT! Aha! Google Translate had translated the page. Now about to download using the proper French user name and password!

I'm leaving this post in case anyone else makes the same mistake.
    Aïe ... since I begin to maintain my site (2013) I have always wanted to manage two versions: one for french people and another for englihs man.
    So on the first page: on the first page at the top left and in the menu line, you can find a english or french flag. If you click on it you obtain the english/french version and you don't have to use goggle translate and those annoying translation problems.
    On the official forum I warned the readers of this particularity, here I forgot as this is not the first addon I publish on SOH and I thought wrongly that it would not be prejudicial: sorry

@Jimjones,

Sorry for thoses problems, you are the first to report this kind of problem.

A french simmer, friend of mine has found that the water drop effect was going up, but I think it was a GUID conflict with another addon installed in Community.
    For the Canso, the effects were all created by me, updated in SU7 (VisualEffect Editor was modified in some functions) and the GUIDs were created for each effect via https://www.guidgenerator.com/

I took her for a spin and had fun. I look forward to seeing how this one matures. The only thing that I had trouble with was the elevator pitch, it's very sensitive. Really love the work you've put into it thus far, thanks for sharing it with us!

No need to apologize! My Chrome install has Google Translate installed, so it automatically translated the page and I didn't even realize I was viewing the French (translated by machine) version.

All's well now, and I love how the Canso is coming together! Looking forward to watching the developments.

Hello,

a new version v0.7.7 is released today : n°702, n°712 and a blister's model (+3 repaints)

Take the english version of my site: French-VFR (EN) then go to page 2 of Downloads section.
    Changelog and future modifications are in the Documentation directory: Readme WIP v0.7.7.txt.

SOH-CM-2023
    V0.7.7 still has problems locking up the sim whenever the Logitech joystick hat switch is pushed forward or backward. Side views with the hat switch works fine. This occurs with only the PBY in the community file.
    Has any SOH user experienced this?

I like the plane, its sounds and the new bubble livery.

Quote Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
    V0.7.7 still has problems locking up the sim whenever the Logitech joystick hat switch is pushed forward or backward. Side views with the hat switch works fine. This occurs with only the PBY in the community file.
    Has any SOH user experienced this?

I like the plane, its sounds and the new bubble livery.
    Out of 128 downloads yesterday, I only had 3 error reports:
    - a user who started his sim with VR and crashed directly
    - another one by altering his views (by changing the view or by changing the keyboard assignment ???)
    - a third when he launched the sim using the Canso

For the first user: VR currently is not supported officially because I don't use this technologie at home.
    The second don't give any information on which I can investigate.
    The third was using the WU8 which DX12 (after an e-mail to be informated).

Currently, VR isn't supported because I cannot test. In addition, I think that it is necessary to add a PANEL_COLLISION on the dashboard to use an aircraft in VR mode.
    This afternoon, I have modified the 2 model 3D adding a PANEL_COLLISION => I try to test this modification with a friend of mine.

DX12 is not totally implemented: in some revision like SU7, the Canso works fine in DX12 but in the lasta revision WU8: it crash !.

On my development desktop, I am in SU9 Beta.
    - In DX12, the Canso crash but today I have receive a patch from Asobo with a lot of modifications (i.e. shaders).

After a last test, I have observed that the Canso works perfectlly on SU9 Beta + patch in DX12 mode.

For your problem, is it possible that you have two assignments on the same function ? keyboard assignement and joystick button for the same view for exemple, MSFS is very touchy on this.

PBY

HI , my problem was Solved by your tip about Camera settings , i rearrange my POV settings and the problem was gone !

Thanks !

HB

lagaffe, sounds like you have a friend who can test VR, but if you need anyone else to check it, just send me a private message and I'm happy to try it for you!

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    lagaffe, sounds like you have a friend who can test VR, but if you need anyone else to check it, just send me a private message and I'm happy to try it for you!
    Ok, I upload my new version on my dropbox, and I send you the link. In less than an hour it will be done

[EDIT]: it's OK

Sorry Denny,

Seeing no response from you, I thought you had other things to do.
    I just corrected the wrong link, I sent you the right one with the latest version including the VR fix !

Cool

Hello,

I have reach a new step and a new version has been released this morning: v0.7.8j
    The links is the same, don't forget to choose English version of French-VFR home site in order to download without trouble.
    To avoid desperate emails in case of problems, the link: http://frenchvfr.free.fr/download.ph...=808&tconfig=0

You can read about all improvements by reading the Readme_WIP v0.7.8.txt in the Documentation directory.

- All steam gauges are coded and animated, radio panel, tank selectors and electricity gauges also
    - Wipers are added and are functional,
    - 90% of the levers on the mobile part of yokes are coded and animated
    - A boarding stair animated has been added on the blisters version
    - Interior of Blisters version has been upgraded: news seats for passengers, fire extinguishers, etc ...
    - 22 PLN provided by a fan of this aircraft (official forum) are provided to discover the beauties of the World
    - Three new repaints are added: "Aeronaval" has a little trouble under the wing because the repainter has worked without paintkit, this will be solve as soon as possible

I want for the next version modify the fuselage to represent the N427CV which which should appeal to many of you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Canso-PBY-5-A-WIP.jpg  
    Last edited by lagaffe; May 20th, 2022 at 04:44.

Perfect Pitch?

I love the look of the PBY but I have a problem with the propeller control. Nothing I can do (neither keyboard nor trying to grasp the yellow pitch controls) seems to affect the prop pitch? I'm guessing I'm doing something v. stupid but I've not had this problem on other aircraft....

Hello everyone!

I don't know now, I'm asking now, I'm trying to download this plane and follow the link exactly where it's linked in the post and register with Frenc-VFRnc. At the end he wants to open the download page in a new tap. but there is nothing, the page remains gray with the small Reg window. Is there another way to get the plane? Or am I doing something wrong!!!

Greetings Chris (Pirosch)

Quote Originally Posted by pirosch View Post
    Hello everyone!

I don't know now, I'm asking now, I'm trying to download this plane and follow the link exactly where it's linked in the post and register with Frenc-VFRnc. At the end he wants to open the download page in a new tap. but there is nothing, the page remains gray with the small Reg window. Is there another way to get the plane? Or am I doing something wrong!!!

Greetings Chris (Pirosch)
    I can't even sign in. It says my email is already registered but won't reset my password and when I try to register again it says I'm already registered. Feels like a scene from Catch-22. Too bad, I was always a fan of the PBY.

LouP

I can't even sign in. It says my email is already registered but won't reset my password and when I try to register again it says I'm already registered. Feels like a scene from Catch-22.
    Same problem for me!

Members who have read this thread: 160