Rechlin airfield complex FS9

Thread: Rechlin airfield complex FS9

Rechlin and Rechlin Larz for FS9

Two airfield's about 105km NW of Berlin
    Rechlin was the centre for testing and developing prototypes by the Luftwaffe and the training of aircrew on new types of aircraft. Also housing a marine development unit on the shore of Lake Muritz for surface craft and mini submarine's.
    Rechlin-Larz, a satellite of Richlin, 5km to the SE, also engaged in experimental work, esp jet development, also handling air transport for the Rechlin complex, captured by the Soviets in 45 and developed into a Soviet airforce base, operational into the 80's with Mig 23 Flogger units

A water start is included on Lake Muritz.

Im starting to lose track of what objects come from what scenerys, but as long as you have--
    Achmer
    Munich Riem
    Blankensee-Lubeck
    Westerland-sylt,
    Bordeaux-Merignac airfield,
    Rheine-Bentlage, which i uploaded a few weeks ago,installed, you should be fine :-)

Thanks to---
    AF Scrub for the Me262 statics
    Shessi and Chris for the He117 and Ju88 statics
    Krzysztof Malinowski for the B24, original read-me included, repaint by Jindrich Barta
    Bf-109 object by Fulbert ( from Akemi Mizoguchi original)
    Alphasim freeware He162 and P47, repaint by Evan G. Butterbrodt (revev)

and Railway track scenery objects by Robert John, and Small German R boats by stuart277

And here's a few shots of Larz, satellite of Richlin, 5km to the SE

Thanks again Ian. Great stuff as usual

Cheers,
    Huub

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Scenery

Description: Rechlin and Rechlin Larz for FS9
    Two airfield's about 105km NW of Berlin
    Rechlin was the centre for testing and developing prototypes by the Luftwaffe

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Rechlin airfield complex FS9
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Ian,
    Out-bloody-standing!

This is superb, and I think your best airfield(s) to date, without doubt. Just love 'em, so much detail and interesting stuff to look at.

So, thank you for taking the time to get them so right.

Cheers

Shessi

Hallo Ian,
    at first a big Thank You for this long awaited scenery.
    As you see again I have problems with my sceneries,
    the runways disapear and the plane , here on active runway,
    is burried "in the earth".
    I believe that it is a problem of installed mesh.
    So my questions are;
    which germany meh do you use?
    or would it be possible to get an "flatten file" for the
    whole complex?
    Yours Papi

Hi Papi, i dont use any mesh for that region, but i'll make up a flatten, should be simple enough

Edit, unzip this into your Rechlin-main/scenery folder, and see if this works
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hallo Ian,
    thank you
    wunderbar,
    seems that I need the same for EDAX as even changing the season I do not see any runway
    Thank for your help
    Yours
    Papi

Flatten for Larz

Hallo Ian,
    thank you again Ian,
    all is fine now
    A real pleasure to fly there
    Yours
    Papi

I've added those two Flattens to original download so those that may need them don't need to go looking.

Ian

Your airfields are very well camouflaged as always (for me). Need to program the chainsaw again )

Cheers,
    Huub

Huub,
    wait a bit the RAF and USAAF will do a part of the job for you
    yours
    Papi

Not sure how to help with that one Huub, SbuilderFS9 use's stock textures from Scenery/World/texture probably, when making airport background's and i think you've changed yours

Edit, try these 2 new bgl's, i dont really like using these texture's, a bit to green for my liking, but it may get you up and running---I can make one up for Larz if these work

The cause is simple. The solution maybe not so much.

The cause is that you, Huub have your autogen density set higher than Ian has it. So when Ian makes a scenery with an exclude file, the exclude file excludes any autogen that would show up at his level of autogen density. Autogen that would only show up at a higher density setting doesn't get excluded, so when someone loads the scenery into a sim with a higher autogen setting, all that additional autogen shows up.

I learned about that here at SOH but I don't remember who taught it to me.

A simple solution would be for you, Huub, to turn down your autogen setting. But that would lower the autogen density throughout the FS world, and if you wanted it like that you would've set it that way to begin with, so it's probably not an acceptable solution. You might only lower it when flying from Rechlin, but that brings in a complication; you'd have to remember to change your setting before and again after flying there. Very annoying and easy to forget the after part, returning the setting to where you want it for everywhere else after a flight at Rechlin.

Another solution would be to make a new exclude file with your autogen setting cranked up all the way. If you have a program like Exclude Builder or something else that will build excluded files, that's the way to go. I think ADE9X will make excludes but I haven't used it for a while and I don't remember. Maybe it does but only for FSX; memory is fuzzy and gets fuzzier all the time.

For the record, i always have my autogen on sparse, not for performance reason's but that i dont like it and find it silly, in both FS9 and FSX, i have just enough to break up the horizon and provide some basic relief on the ground and no more.
    As for Huubs screens, im trying to understand why stock grass-scrubland texture's in Scenery/World/texture have changed to Woodland-forest texture's, you can change the Land class without touching texture's. someones gone to a lot of hard work renaming tex's that dont need to be renamed

PS, ADE9X will exclude within the airport boundary, but outside you need bigger guns like Sbuilder

Saw this and just had to click. Been to both airfields multiple times in the past and both have really nice museums. The one for the Erprobungsstelle even has a He-162 replica and the nose section of a Ta-154.
    The Luftwaffle used the area to the north, toward Boek, for testing munitions. Three villages were evacuated and bombed with fire bombs (no traces left though; been there once). Somewhere in the woods to the east remain some elusive concrete structures like a mock building and a ship(!).
    After the war, the former employee singe family homes in Rechlin West were used by Soviet officers, with the entire area being (litterally) walled off and consequently being called "Little Berlin"by the locals.
    The former seaplane base was turned into a shipyard and my father worked there as an engineer in the late 70s and early 80s, working on fibreglass lifeboats.
    Not much remains of the E-Stelle today, with the airfield practically bisected by a local road now and only the buildings of "Gruppe West" remaining (avionics and electronics testing IIRC), housing the aforementioned museum. The field remains fairly distinct though, being used as farmland, with the surrounding woods giving a good impression of the massive dimensions it once had.
    Other noteworthy points of interest are the "Sprot'sche Berg" to the south east, toward Lärz which housed one of Rechlin's few (or only) flak batteries in WW2 and an air search radar during the cold war and the memorial for female forced laborers from Ravensbrück in a village north of Lärz airfield who had to build and repair Lärz airfield under extremely inhumane conditons.

I long tried to find a cohesive history on the Erprobungsstelle, but not even the library of the Bundeswehr has one.

Small sidenote: The crosswind runway in Lärz was operational in WW2.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your concerns, but you really don't need to worry as the problem is easy to solve with the ExcBuilder program by Paavo Pihelgas. It is just that, everytime I install one of Ian's beautiful airfields, I have to grab the virtual chainsaw.
    (I real life I'm quite friendly for the environment and I would leave most of the trees.)

Cheers,
    Huub

Amd Ian,

Thanks for your little addition as it indeed changed the forest texture into a more suitable texture.....

See below:

Good to see you up and running

Hi Bjoern,
    there is an interesting book
    Die deutsche Luftfahrt
    Flugerprobungs
    stellen bis 1945
    by
    Heinrich Beauvais/Karl Kössler/
    Max Mayer/Christoph Regel
    edited at
    Bernard & Graefe Verlag
    This books treats about all the test grounds used by the WWII Luftwaffe
    A lot of photos and also some cards
    May be perhaps also be interesting for Ian
    Yours
    Papi

Thanks for the heads-up, Michael!
    The few copies of the book that are available are a bit expensive though.

Members who have read this thread: 1