Gauge Keystroke

Thread: Gauge Keystroke

Gauge Keystroke

Looking through the potential key/button assignments I stumbled upon one called "Gauge Keystroke" (unassigned by default as far as I can tell). The description makes it sound like it would allow one to use a keyboard to enter GPS airport codes, etc instead of using VC dials and buttons.

Has anyone gotten this to work? I tried assigning it to a button on one of my controllers and I'm not so sure it works. After putting the GPS into ICAO entry mode, I've tried activating this and then pressing letters and number on the keyboard and no luck. I've tried pressing it and keys at the same time, still no luck.

It'd be great to be able to use the keyboard to type letters and numbers rather than the dials. (I think I read somewhere where Asobo will be making more GPS binding combinations available in some future update, so that will help, but I'd still just rather type the airport code like the GPS in older sims)

- dcc
    - -

Blog Entries
    There are many key assignments or offsets that don't work. FSUIPC lists offsets for the G1000 and the GPS keys. None of the ones I tried worked. This 'game' is like the old dumb blonde stereotype, easy on the eyes but not much depth.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Members who have read this thread: 0