Classics Hangar Klemm L 25 Developement
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Classics Hangar Klemm L 25 Developement

Classics Hangar Klemm L 25 Developement

Hello guys,
    while some of you (those who still remember us, LOL) are waiting for MSFS-native versions of our FSX releases, I'd like to take the opportunity to talk a bit about what we are up to regarding MSFS developement.
    Well, the conversions will come, but first we are doing a little warmup exercise for MSFS, the Klemm L 25. To be precise, the Klemm KL 25 D VII R.
    This plane was build in appr. 600 samples between 1928 and 1939 in about 30 variants (not counting custom orders), was used worldwide by many famous aviators, scored an endless list of records and was basically the standard sportsplane for about a decade.
    This plane is really badly overlooked in FS so it's probably about time to make it.
    It fits the current MSFS-Meta greatly: Low and slow, excellent allaround visibilty and supposed to be a joy to fly.

Here are some early developement shots of the untextured base model:

Link:
    https://www.classics-hangar.de/vorschau/render_019.jpg

Link:
    https://www.classics-hangar.de/vorschau/render_020.jpg
    Mathias

I like it too!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Very nice subject, Mathias ! I'd like to order one.

Very cool! I love it when MSFS can introduce us to lesser-known planes. Reading up on it, it was also license-built in the UK (as the B.A. Swallow/Swallow II) and the USA. Surprised I hadn't heard of it, but looking forward to the chance to try it out!

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    ​Looking forward to this one as it is the aeroplane I had my first ever plane ride in back in 1949. Just hoping VH-UUR is one of the regos included.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    ​Looking forward to this one as it is the aeroplane I had my first ever plane ride in back in 1949. Just hoping VH-UUR is one of the regos included.
    And if not, I'm sure we can arrange something
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

While I'm not really interested in that Klemm, I just wanted to say I'm more than happy to see Classic Hangar coming to MSFS !
    I'm missing my FW-190 so much !
    So I hope your learning/training phase won't last too long (and will be successful ).

Hello Mathias, to read this pleases me immensely.
    Cross your fingers for the start in MSFS, but also very much hope that the BF 108 and the FW-190 's MSFS can become airworthy.
    Meanwhile no longer in the north gru from NRW.
    Greetings from EDLZ
    Juergen

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Pat, very cool story!
    I'm just afraid we won't include VH-UUR into the package since it's quite different from our version.
    Looks as if it's been retrofitted with a Continental engine resulting in an entirely different engine cowling and it would also require it's own flight model.
    I'd pick up on JanKees's offer. I'd suppose he'll get his hands on it right in time.
    Mathias

I used to love flying the FW-190 and Bf-108 back in FSX! Looking forward to flying the Klemm too! Is there any update?

Thank you, Hangarrat!
    Back in June I've been to Eutingen in South Germany where the airworthy Klemm L25 D-EJOL is located and made a load of photos from all angles inside and out.
    But unfortunately due to unfavorable weather we where not able to move her out of the hangar to record the engine. I'm hoping to be more lucky in the next spring to get all the bits and pieces together.
    So the Klemm is a bit on the backburner right now and I'm converting our older projects into MSFS format. No ETA on either of our projects so far.
    Mathias

Okay, the Carpenters started work and one of those guys couldn't resist making a testflight. Ended up in what we call a "Fliegerdenkmal" over here, an airman's monument, LOL.
    What to expect from a plane without propeller?
    Way to go.

Mathias

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Thanks guys!

Pat, very cool story!
    I'm just afraid we won't include VH-UUR into the package since it's quite different from our version.
    Looks as if it's been retrofitted with a Continental engine resulting in an entirely different engine cowling and it would also require it's own flight model.
    I'd pick up on JanKees's offer. I'd suppose he'll get his hands on it right in time.
    Mathias, I am talking 1949 or 1950 for that ride so then it may have been original. Also VH-UUR was operating for a missionary group in New Guinea prior to WWII. All aircraft operating in PNG at that time carried the VH-*** registratiom.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Hmmm, reading up on the history of this particular plane, I'm really tempted to make it.
    https://pacificwrecks.com/aircraft/klemm/VH-UUR.html
    Do you by chance remember if it was allover covered in silver paint by the time you flew with it?
    Mathias

Do you by chance remember if it was allover covered in silver paint by the time you flew with it?
    Being only 4 years old I never noticed the actual colour but it could have been silver or white.

Cheers
    Pat

Showstopper for an official inclusion is the fact that it was originally fitted with a Siemens-Schuckert radial engine.
    Our crate has an inline Hirth HM60. Anyway, this particular aircraft really has an interesting history so we'll get you your livery one way or another.
    On this page you'll find some photos of it during service with that missionary guy in New Guinea, sporting the original SH13 engine and it's second registration number HB-XAL as well as VH-UUR:
    https://hannsklemm.wordpress.com/wic...pater-schulte/
    Mathias

The woodworkers are mostly done.
    Note there's just a basic comp and normal map yet and no weathering.

Full size images:
    https://www.classics-hangar.de/vorsc...LEMM25_022.jpg

https://www.classics-hangar.de/vorsc...LEMM25_024.jpg
    Mathias

Showstopper for an official inclusion is the fact that it was originally fitted with a Siemens-Schuckert radial engine.
    Our crate has an inline Hirth HM60. Anyway, this particular aircraft really has an interesting history so we'll get you your livery one way or another.
    On this page you'll find some photos of it during service with that missionary guy in New Guinea, sporting the original SH13 engine and it's second registration number HB-XAL as well as VH-UUR:
    https://hannsklemm.wordpress.com/wic...pater-schulte/
    ​Mathias that sure was a very interesting history of the aircraft. You will certainly have a customer here.

Cheers
    Pat

Good job Mathias, details are amazing! Cant wait for final result ! .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Some nose details below. Slowly working my way towards the tail. :-)
    This is what's supposed to become the default factory paint.
    All wooden parts receive a clear coat of lacquer while all metal and fabric parts are painted in what they called "Silberbronze", a silverish paint with some aluminium particles in it, kind of an early metallic paint. Some may know this kind of paint from the old days when stovepipes and the like where painted like this.

Full res URL's:
    https://www.classics-hangar.de/vorsc...LEMM25_061.jpg
    https://www.classics-hangar.de/vorsc...LEMM25_062.jpg
    https://www.classics-hangar.de/vorsc...LEMM25_063.jpg
    https://www.classics-hangar.de/vorsc...LEMM25_064.jpg
    Mathias

btw. do you have plan to put default or retro (own) pilot here?

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thanks YoYo!
    Well, the default pilots would probably look odd in this bird so we'll come up with something else, I think.
    Mathias

Thanks YoYo!
    Well, the default pilots would probably look odd in this bird so we'll come up with something else, I think.
    I think the same, here was a reason of my question .

Members who have read this thread: 118