Looking for Nose Art - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for Nose Art

Looks great Huub, I will take a printed copy to Bob tomorrow for his thoughts . Once we make it as close to the orignial as possible, I will paint it on one of Milton's fabulous A-20's. Then to make the video at Floridablanca. Thanks to all for your help with this project. I will try to make the video appear here once complete. Thanks again. Tom
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

It was fun to do Tom. I have all parts in layered files so adjusting the colours is a reasonably simple job. I hope your friend likes the artwork.

Looking forward to the video and I hope you will upload the completed repaint and Mark the finished Floridablanca scenery.

Cheers,
    Huub

Will do on all counts. I have never known a 97 year old man that is so sharp and a memory that is astounding. I will bet he remembers the colors vividly. I will see him in about an hour or so. I am still reading his book "The Roaring 20" describing the missions of the 312th BG. The detail from those that were there is very cool. I will keep all posted as I know more.

Back from talking to Bob, he said the image below is the closest to what he could remember.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mary Final Confirmed a.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	132.1 KB 
ID:	81784
    Last edited by stovall; March 1st, 2021 at 09:46.

Hi Tom,

I'm pretty sure about the drawing. Therefore the comments form Bob leave me two options.
    • The first one is a yellow ribbon with a blue back. Which seems the most logical option.
    • The second option is a yellow ribbon with a blue back and blue ends. Which is not really logical, but closer to what Bob mentioned.

I have send you a PM with a link where you can download a layered photoshop file with both options.

Cheers,
    Huub

The nose art in use......

PScreenshots were taken in FS2004.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    The nose art in use......

PScreenshots were taken in FS2004.

Cheers,
    Huub

Nicely done sir, nicely done...

Absolutely fantastic work Huub. Bob will love the textures. Now to check how Roger Wilco66 is coming along with the Floridablanca scenery. Really appreciate you artistry.

Very nicely done Huub.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Thanks guys, another picture, but this time is FSX.

It is really a great aircraft to fly, especially with the volume wide open. What great sounds by Nigel Richards!

Cheers,
    Huub

Great stuff, this is an international effort. The textures for the aircraft come from Belgium. The airfield, Floridablanca will come from Germany. Many of the nose art creation items come from the U.S. and Belgium. The world could learn a thing or two about cooperation from us. Great job everyone. Bob sends a big THANK YOU.

Great team work indeed 👍. But who is the guy from Belgium? As I come from the Netherlands 😂

Cheers,
    Huub

Great team work indeed . But who is the guy from Belgium? As I come from the Netherlands 

Cheers,
    Huub
    Not sure why I put Belgium, how embarrassing. I know you are from the Netherlands. Huub is one of the major driving forces behind this project. Sorry Huub, please forgive me. Guess I could blame it on age but that is a cop out.

Hahaha, no worries Tom. Until 1830 we were one country and a large part of the Belgians still speak the same language as I do.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Not sure why I put Belgium, how embarrassing. I know you are from the Netherlands. Huub is one of the major driving forces behind this project. Sorry Huub, please forgive me. Guess I could blame it on age but that is a cop out.
    Maybe had JanKees on the mind!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

JanKees is Dutch as well (we used to live about 3 km/2 miles away from each other for a long time). However he moved to Belgium a few years ago, but as far as I know we still have the same nationality .

Cheers,
    Huub

Hahaha, no worries Tom. Until 1830 we were one country and a large part of the Belgians still speak the same language as I do.

Cheers,
    Huub
    You mean that for about 15 years we were one country from 1815 after Napoleon lost the war until we decided we wanted to go our own way in 1830. It was completely artificial because France and England wanted to create a buffer state from Germany/Prussia. Both our peoples weren't "consulted". Given the fact that your country is largely protestant, and mine is largely catholic, that project was bound to fail. I'm not even elaborating about the cultural differences.

History is a beautiful thing.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

JanKees is Dutch as well (we used to live about 3 km/2 miles away from each other for a long time). However he moved to Belgium a few years ago, but as far as I know we still have the same nationality .

Cheers,
    Huub
    Either of you 2 guys ice skating down the canal in Amsterdam in your underwear last week? Saw that on the local news here!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

That definitely wasn't me. At 80, I don't skate anywhere in my underwear. The sight could cause some very bad thing to happen.

following it all around here, I ended up remembering, this machine was restored here in Brazil, I look very beautiful

English is not my native language, I ask your indulgence.
    Correct me, if you will.

Thanks for the image Mario. Great looking paint scheme. The A-20 was one of a kind.

Sorry to disappoint you Mr Zippy, but I stopped skating already some time ago. And I would definitely not go skating in my underwear.

Dust of your history books Priller as our joint history is much longer than just 15 years. The Habsburg Netherlands already existed from 1482 and ended in 1784 with the arrival of Napoleon. After Napoleon disappeared the alliance started to fall apart when first Luxemburg left the alliance in 1815 and in 1830 a group of Brussels noble men thought it was a good thing to leave the alliance and join France . A pity for them was that France didn't want to have them . Which left a deeply divided country speaking 3 different languages (when you take East- and West Flemish as only language .i

Religion may have played a role in the split, but the south of the Netherlands is still mainly Catholic, and the protestants can mainly be found above the large rivers. I think the main reason to split was the role of King Willem I. But that is an other story.

Cheers,
    Huub

The repaint is available in the library now. There is an FS2004 version as well, which has a lower resolution. So make sure you pick the right version.

Cheers,
    Huub

2nd Lt. Robert Dicker's A-20 Video

After all the international help with producing 2nd Lt. Robert Dicker's A-20 Havoc, the making of the video is in progress. The first half of the video is complete with the second half of his aircraft in flight is in development now. Again a big thank you to the international contributors who helped make this project possible.

The ground part of the video can be seen in this YouTube video. You will see Floridablanca, Luzon as it was in April 1945. There were A-20s of the 312th BG, a squadron of P-47s and P-51s. Also left behind were several Japanese Betty's that Bob said were in flyable condition. The Japanese left the base in a hurry because of advancing American troops.

Enjoy and thanks again to all.

Last edited by stovall; April 12th, 2021 at 16:30.

Members who have read this thread: 0