Upcoming military/warbirds for MSFS?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming military/warbirds for MSFS?

Upcoming military/warbirds for MSFS?

Just curious if anyone knows what military/warbirds are in the works for MSFS? I know about Aeroplane Heaven's Spitfire, but was wondering what others might be pending? I bought the India Alpha Foxtrot MB-339, and am interested in the Sim Skunk Works G91, but I really like WW-II and modern military designs.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Indiafoxtecho has a T-45 Goshawk otw, that I think is expected to be released this March. They're also working on the M-346 in collaboration with Leonardo, the actual M-346 manufacturer. Here's what they posted on Facebook, regarding long term developments;
    EUROFIGHTER TYPHOON - the jet is already flying in the sim, but we believe the current graphics quality level (port over from P3D) is not adequate for a platform as capable as MSFS. Project is currently under review and may need a complete remake. F-35 LIGHTNING II - the P3D model is being vastly improved, with higher poly count and better textures. Cockpit is being rebuilt from scratch. Unfortunately, MSFS currently does not allow support for a number of the sensors of this aircraft. F-14D "SUPER" TOMCAT - We have been working on a VERY detailed rendition of the mighty Tomcat - which, as you know, it is our favourite aircraft. However, frankly it is unlikely that it can surpass the excellent work done by Heatblur on the F-14 for DCS...and there is still a lot of work to do.
    DC Designs is also working on an F-14. Also, Iris simulations has a hypothetical "6th Gen Fighter" design, based off of a design buy a guy who does theoretical sixth gen designs. It's kind of cool looking, even if it isn't very realistic in certain areas. I'll be getting it, just because it looks like it will be fun to fly.

We have four warbirds in the pipeline, including the Hurricane Mk1. Oh and the C-47/DC-3 could be considered a warbird I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveKDEN View Post
    Just curious if anyone knows what military/warbirds are in the works for MSFS? I know about Aeroplane Heaven's Spitfire, but was wondering what others might be pending? I bought the India Alpha Foxtrot MB-339, and am interested in the Sim Skunk Works G91, but I really like WW-II and modern military designs.
    My F-15 Eagles are already out and have just had their second major update. F-14A Tomcat is well underway as the next fighter release, reveal shots coming soon. I think that IRIS also intends to do a Hawk T2, Sim Works Studios Phantom is underway, and an SR-71 from both Milviz and another developer are on their way also. Later this year, I'll be bringing my F-18E/F/G Super Hornets into MSFS, and I got my arm bent into doing the F-16 too due to the number of requests I kept getting.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Dean, what happened to the Black Widow?
    All those jets are nice, but something with props would be even better!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    I got my arm bent into doing the F-16 too due to the number of requests I kept getting.
    Did you just say F-16?? Give this man a beer!!!

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Did you just say F-16?? Give this man a beer!!!

Priller
    A six-pack. No, maybe a case.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

My F-15 Eagles are already out and have just had their second major update. F-14A Tomcat is well underway as the next fighter release, reveal shots coming soon. I think that IRIS also intends to do a Hawk T2, Sim Works Studios Phantom is underway, and an SR-71 from both Milviz and another developer are on their way also. Later this year, I'll be bringing my F-18E/F/G Super Hornets into MSFS, and I got my arm bent into doing the F-16 too due to the number of requests I kept getting.

F-16? YASSS!

Need that ASAP. So happy to hear about the Rhino/Growler.

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Dean, what happened to the Black Widow?
    All those jets are nice, but something with props would be even better!
    It's going to remain freeware and will indeed be upgraded, but need to get myself a bit better established in the new sim before I can start with a few freebies, looking forward to doing them though.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

It's going to remain freeware and will indeed be upgraded, but need to get myself a bit better established in the new sim
    and that's best done by creating a simple native biplane like a Stearman Kaydet. That's true, Dean, isn't it ?.. (sorry to be a nag... ;-)

SimWorks Studios also announced a T-2 Buckeye, not sure the current status of it though. IRIS is doing their weird Vampire thing. Dino is wrapping up the T-45, having also announced a MB-326 and a TA-4J. Foxtrot Oscar Simulation Designs is also apparently developing a Hawker Hunter, an L-39 and a Short Tucano... but they seem to be going the Milviz route of announcing lots of things and never releasing them

As far as proper warbirds go, I think the only two that on the horizon are the two Spitfire's, one from Aeroplane Heaven and the other from Flying Iron Studios. Looking forward to both of those. I personally would love to see a Texan/Harvard or a Trojan.. I like 'em big and round

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    We have four warbirds in the pipeline, including the Hurricane Mk1. Oh and the C-47/DC-3 could be considered a warbird I suppose.
    So the Spitfire, the Hurricane, the C-47, and......?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Plus Rob Richardson is in the process of porting over the F2H Banshee, Seafire, and Sea Hawk. SWS announced the TF-104G today.

GAS has the PT-17 for your warbird training needs.

My wishlist: T-33, B-17, B-25, F9F, F4D Skyray, single-seat and widebody Skyraiders, F-8 Crusader. Oh, and the rest of the Century Series.

I can confirm that the SR-71A is coming to MSFS from Milviz. Obviously there some hurdles, not the least of which is passing mach 1.0 (which isn't currently allowed in-sim) but we believe that limitation will be removed soonish in a future update. Unless we come across something missing we didn't anticipate it appears the SDK has enough facilities at this point for an authentic, detailed, accurate Blackbird to fly the skies of MSFS. It's a matter of months not years on this project. As soon as some screenshots are available I'll post them up here - that could take another several weeks but you will see it. Then it's a matter of functional systems. All of them. Work is proceeding with growing intensity.

Dutch

ah... that would be telling Jan... more news soon, promise.

Maybe we should all exercise some patience here. The SDK isn't finished and devs are doing overtime. This is not FS9 or FSX people!

Me, I'm just waiting for the opportunity to ditch P3D. I still use it to fly the planes that I miss in the current sim, but every flight is a disappointment.

Just MHO of course.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

F-16 will be fine...

Quote Originally Posted by ceo1944 View Post
    I can confirm that the SR-71A is coming to MSFS from Milviz. Obviously there some hurdles, not the least of which is passing mach 1.0 (which isn't currently allowed in-sim) but we believe that limitation will be removed soonish in a future update. Unless we come across something missing we didn't anticipate it appears the SDK has enough facilities at this point for an authentic, detailed, accurate Blackbird to fly the skies of MSFS. It's a matter of months not years on this project. As soon as some screenshots are available I'll post them up here - that could take another several weeks but you will see it. Then it's a matter of functional systems. All of them. Work is proceeding with growing intensity.

Dutch
    You can absolutely do Mach 1 and beyond. It’s happening already.

Whisper mode On

Pucara

Whisper mode Off

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    I still use it to fly the planes that I miss in the current sim, but every flight is a disappointment.
    Why on virtual earth would you do that ??... Not good for your health, i'm sure.

Doctor Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Whisper mode On

Pucara

Whisper mode Off
    Oh, actually, I had forgotten about that one...

"doing" mach numbers isn't the real issue. It's how everything else behaves at those indicated speeds that is.

I almost forgot, I'm also doing the P-47 Thunderbolt, for those big round and noisy fans! I don't really class my Stearman as a "warbird" so I didn't think to include it, but that's also well on the way to release.

The sim seems to behave normally at Mach 2, honestly I don't know why they tried to stop us achieving it before, and breaking that barrier, when I actually looked into it, was very easy. There are some other tweaks required to ensure systems stay in line at high-Mach, but generally it all seems to be A-okay. I'm assuming Asobo must have some other reason for holding back developers from supersonic aircraft.

Sorry Dean, I can't agree. I truly do not believe that the sim "behaves" normally at all. Example, just for sh##s and giggles I configured a V12 Merin to output 32hp at 48 inches of mercury and dropped it into our Spit. I was able to take off at 40mph and kept climbing at 2000fpm. Some motor!

In 21 years of developing I have never come across so many inexplicable variables. And, as is evidenced by a large number of long-time developers yet to release, neither have a lot of people.

I tend to listen to people like Roy Holmes who have extraordinary skills and experience. Ask him what he thinks of the flight model.

Members who have read this thread: 1