Upcoming military/warbirds for MSFS? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upcoming military/warbirds for MSFS?

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Oh, actually, I had forgotten about that one...
    yesss... we're getting older, papa... It's on your facebook, Baz.

Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    I don't really class my Stearman as a "warbird" so I didn't think to include it, but that's also well on the way to release.
    Good to know, Dean, thanks ! Maybe not a warbird as such but it's deffinately 'militairy'..

Said it purely because of your "get myself a bit better established in the new sim" remark. An old biplane with just a few gauges seems a good start, don't you think ? I stuck to that idiom myself when changing my FS9 hangar to FSX with your Stearman's little cousine: NAF N3N Yellow Peril. Now wheeled it in my new MSFS hanger. Certainly a tougher place with all this new equippement and machinery..

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Did you just say F-16?? Give this man a beer!!!

Priller
    In the great tradition of Aussies 'gifting' beer we'll make that an '18' of XXXX!
    Or '4EKS' if you like.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

"doing" mach numbers isn't the real issue. It's how everything else behaves at those indicated speeds that is.
    Exactly. The acceleration profile to get to Mach 3 at FL800 in the SR is very precise and in order for it to be authentic we have to be able to fly that profile realistically. Just going full throttle, pointing it up, and levelling off when you get there wasn't the way it was done or even could be done. Another example is that the speed limitation on the bird isn't mach but inlet temperature. So that's got to be calibrated properly. Lots of details!

Our SR isn't ready till our pilot advisor signs off on it so it's not so easy to cut corners!

Almost forgot, Big Radials (OzWookiee and co) are working on a P-40B

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...dials/356967/2

Sorry Dean, I can't agree. I truly do not believe that the sim "behaves" normally at all. Example, just for sh##s and giggles I configured a V12 Merin to output 32hp at 48 inches of mercury and dropped it into our Spit. I was able to take off at 40mph and kept climbing at 2000fpm. Some motor!

In 21 years of developing I have never come across so many inexplicable variables. And, as is evidenced by a large number of long-time developers yet to release, neither have a lot of people.

I tend to listen to people like Roy Holmes who have extraordinary skills and experience. Ask him what he thinks of the flight model.

Not arguing with you there Baz, I was referring to supersonic flight rather than the whole flight model rodeo, which is indeed chaotic compared to what we're used to. But, it can be tamed

Roy very much dislikes MSFS's flight model, we have some correspondence from time to time about it. Yet, it seems that MS have no intention of changing things all that much so, for now at least, we have to do what developers have always done, and find a way to make it right...
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Yeah, for all of the talk about the flight model, I was expecting something closer to X-Plane than what we ended up with. It would be nice if they just allowed the ability to directly control the flight variables from outside the sim. I think many of us could develop a better FDE than what they came up with; Or they could make it so that the old FDE worked seamlessly with the new sim instead of having to switch modes. Anyhow, I love me some P-40B, although it makes their company name false advertising. (Not complaining!)

Anyone who has and has read the SDK will know that there is, in there, an extraordinary section on aerodynamics that appears to have been "lifted"directly from an aeronautical sciences textbook. It is so complicated and jam-packed full of symbology, compared to the rest of the document it is laughable. It is hard to believe that these are the workings used by the developer to engineer the flight model. As I understand it, Asobo's experience lies with motorcars, not aeroplanes and this shows in the current offering. Whether you like it or not, XPlane does have its roots in aeronautics and the development materials are better explained and used in that sim.

We have to hope that eventually some of the sillier bugs will be fixed or removed and we can spend our time more efficiently, rather than "in the lab" fixing things ourselves.

Party on.

There's a Mirage 2000 under development.

It's not a Warbird, but I'm still working on a Bristol 188.

I need to figure out how to exceed Mach 1 in the sim, add reheat and a few more instrument items.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Microsoft Flight Simulator 26_02_2021 20_24_52.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	81717 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Microsoft Flight Simulator 26_02_2021 20_29_12.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	81716 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Microsoft Flight Simulator 26_02_2021 20_24_17.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	197.7 KB 
ID:	81715 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Microsoft Flight Simulator 26_02_2021 20_35_21.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	163.3 KB 
ID:	81718

Quote Originally Posted by tgladman View Post
    It's not a Warbird, but I'm still working on a Bristol 188.

I need to figure out how to exceed Mach 1 in the sim,
    That's excellent news,
    CodenameJack447 has supersonic flight mastered, scroll down to 21/1/21.
    https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...f-15/353626/30

Anyone who has and has read the SDK will know that there is, in there, an extraordinary section on aerodynamics that appears to have been "lifted"directly from an aeronautical sciences textbook. It is so complicated and jam-packed full of symbology, compared to the rest of the document it is laughable. It is hard to believe that these are the workings used by the developer to engineer the flight model. As I understand it, Asobo's experience lies with motorcars, not aeroplanes and this shows in the current offering. Whether you like it or not, XPlane does have its roots in aeronautics and the development materials are better explained and used in that sim. We have to hope that eventually some of the sillier bugs will be fixed or removed and we can spend our time more efficiently, rather than "in the lab" fixing things ourselves. Party on.
    I'll have to check it out, as I haven't looked into the SDK lately. Thanks for the heads up. Ken

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    There's a Mirage 2000 under development.
    Thanks, I hadn't heard of Aerosoar before. He has a lot of projects that I've always wanted in development. The Miller JM-2, the Airbus E-Fan electric plane, and their other jet is a MiG-15. Check out their Facebook Page.

Quote Originally Posted by tgladman View Post
    It's not a Warbird, but I'm still working on a Bristol 188. I need to figure out how to exceed Mach 1 in the sim, add reheat and a few more instrument items. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Microsoft Flight Simulator 26_02_2021 20_24_52.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	81717 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Microsoft Flight Simulator 26_02_2021 20_29_12.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	81716 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Microsoft Flight Simulator 26_02_2021 20_24_17.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	197.7 KB 
ID:	81715 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Microsoft Flight Simulator 26_02_2021 20_35_21.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	163.3 KB 
ID:	81718
    Nice work, I'm looking forward to it in MSFS.

Jet Provost T.4 - MSFS2020

My Jet Provost T.4 will be made available for MSFS2020.

Rotorhub
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	81726Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	81727Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	81728

Great news on the Provost.

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    Great news on the Provost.
    There is a lot of work to be done :-) The PBR version for P3D is in the works. When it is done I can continue with the MSFS2020 native conversion.
    Rotorhub

Not wanting to sound cheap, but do people who bought the original model get a price reduction?

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Not wanting to sound cheap, but do people who bought the original model get a price reduction?

Priller
    Yes, they will be offered a fair upgrade price :-)

Well other than the Mustang , if you were to take 4 away from the Mustang we are also working on that.

CTRL-Ezy has the pucara ( yes the cockpit from the exterior will be put into the interior but it is the cockpit from the exterior ). Some fast jets but I always think that fast jets arent warbirds as such but warplanes. It's a weird thing. Like the mazda mx5/miata is considered a classic now but classic to me means an MG/pony mustang/lancia aurelia etc.

Let us not forget the Bentey 4.5 litre supercharged of 1928. I know I haven't....

The Black Box Simulation Cessna L-19 Bird Dog is available in the MSFS marketplace, comes in standard, amphib and bush versions.
    Even though it doesn't have guns I think it counts as a war bird.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56