MSFS frustration level off the charts.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MSFS frustration level off the charts....

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Glad to hear. We'll keep our fingers crossed for you (my toes would not cooperate ), that you can now enjoy FS2020, with it's limitations, lol.
    Yes, I am enjoying it, and spending most of my flying time in VR. I am using a first generation Samsung Odyssey. Not the fancy, high-dollar, latest & greatest VR headset, but still awesome. I have had it for years, but not used much until MSFS arrived on the scene. Although I am able to use it with P3D & XP (I have not tried it with DCS yet), Microsoft did a great job of incorporating it into MSFS.
    NC

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    I feel ya, Navy Chief ....

Now it's my turn. Today is the only day this week that I've tried to fly and I did after [3] complete shut downs of the P.C., testing my internet connection & running the AT&T speed test ! Track I.R. quit on me !

... sorry for the overexposed pics ..... it's always the customer's fault
    shutting down for tonight and watching the Telly

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WTF.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	81666

Name:	WTF_2.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	81667

Quote Originally Posted by FlameOut View Post

Now it's my turn. Today is the only day this week that I've tried to fly and I did after [3] complete shut downs of the P.C., testing my internet connection & running the AT&T speed test ! Track I.R. quit on me !

Crap! Well, I do recall the nightmarish problems that FSX used to give me. Flight simulation is awesome, when things work correctly! NC

Quote Originally Posted by FlameOut View Post

We are all having the same problem because of XBOX server issue. Don't sweat it. It'll work out.

Servers back up and running. Go fly!

I installed xbox companion on my pc to help determine where these problems lie. I was sure it was on my end initially.

LouP

Quote Originally Posted by GO_Navy View Post
    We are all having the same problem because of XBOX server issue. Don't sweat it. It'll work out.

Right now, at least, all is ok....shhhhhh! NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Right now, at least, all is ok....shhhhhh! NC
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

SOH-CM-2024
    About 99% of my CTDs on MSFS come from something I installed in the Community folder that MSFS did not like. I'd delete the latest install into the Community folder and all was fine. The pay version of Chicago was terrible for that, but thankfully they found the fix and all works now. I also delete frame killers. Much of the add-on scenery uses photogrammetry and that crap will kill FPS. I could have used photogrammetry when I did KDAN (Danville, VA) for MSFS, but decided to go with MSFS's generic look alike buildings simply to keep FPS high.

Cazzie

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    About 99% of my CTDs on MSFS come from something I installed in the Community folder that MSFS did not like. I'd delete the latest install into the Community folder and all was fine. The pay version of Chicago was terrible for that, but thankfully they found the fix and all works now. I also delete frame killers. Much of the add-on scenery uses photogrammetry and that crap will kill FPS. I could have used photogrammetry when I did KDAN (Danville, VA) for MSFS, but decided to go with MSFS's generic look alike buildings simply to keep FPS high.

Cazzie

I thought perhaps that was the source of the problems for me, but I had completely deactivated everything in my Community folder, and the problem persisted. Thankfully all is ok for now. I am convinced the problem is with MS. NC

Members who have read this thread: 0