nigel richards

Thread: nigel richards

nigel richards

hi any one know if mr Richards is going to do any more sounds ,or aircraft . or indeed if he is ok .
    regards
    greycap

Quote Originally Posted by greycap View Post
    hi any one know if mr Richards is going to do any more sounds ,or aircraft . or indeed if he is ok .
    regards
    greycap
    Hi, not had any contact with Nigel since June 2019, we ( Magoo and I) were finishing up the flight tuning on the as yet unreleased Avro 626, when he suddenly went quiet.

I know the area of Greece he was living in was subject to violent
    abnormal storms at the time and his homestead in the hills was off grid, he was relying on a wind generator.

Several emails have gone unanswered, continue to hope for the best but expect the worst.

this was last conversation from James (Magoo);

Hi Pete,

The last from Nigel, we were playing about with the Avro 626 models, and he just stopped replying in mid-process.

I've read nothing from him since.

Myself, a small break from flight-sims. My big-rig computer had a motherboard failure just as Covid-19 arrived. I pulled the hard-drives and donated it to a computer co-op the resuscitates these things and resells at little or no profit.

My day-job has gone super ballistic and left me no time to even shop for a new box.....maybe around Christmas.

Concerning Nigel, anything from his status as a resident in Greece after Brexit, to the effects of the pandemic has me worried about him.

I'll try the email again, but I don't think he'll answer.

Best regards, James.

Ttfn

Pete
    Last edited by Motormouse; February 18th, 2021 at 10:07.

Wow, June 2019!

I'd been worried about Nigel for some time but hadn't realized how very long it's been since we heard from him. Now I'm more worried!

I sure hope he's OK and simply disconnected from the interweb!

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Wow, June 2019!

I'd been worried about Nigel for some time but hadn't realized how very long it's been since we heard from him. Now I'm more worried!

I sure hope he's OK and simply disconnected from the interweb!
    The last I heard from him was that his inverter had died, hence no volts for PC. He was also living between his house in the hills & his daughters house a couple of miles away. In fact I think last skype was from his daughters house, so maybe she has a problem too?
    So, yes worried also.
    Keith

P.S. Just looked back at our texted conversation which was 7 Jan 19!!! His car had given up the ghost & only had a quad bike, his daughter lived 20 kms away & there was snow everywhere......
    K

Has anyone tried Matt Wynn (aka Smoothie), they used to be pretty good buddies? He might have heard from him?

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    Has anyone tried Matt Wynn (aka Smoothie), they used to be pretty good buddies? He might have heard from him?

Jamie
    Hi Jamie, unfortunately yes, with same result.

Ttfn

Pete

Members who have read this thread: 0