Global AI Ship Traffic MSFS 2020 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Global AI Ship Traffic MSFS 2020

Quote Originally Posted by kl791 View Post
    Hi Javis, Thanks for your feedback and screenshots
    My pleasure, Henrik.

As you might know we did launch a classic pack for FSX / P3D with some of the Classic Ocean liners like SS Canberra, RMS Queen Mary, TS Hanseatic and the good news is we will port it to MSFS. I would also love to do more Classic liners, but they are very time consuming so things take time...
    Wonderful!, that's what i'm talking about !

To the other suggestion if I will do a static package - it is more complicated as it is very easy to have conflict with different sceneries used by different users. However, I am collaborating with several scenery developers to include ships in their sceneries e.g. LatinVFR and next up Manfred Siedler who is working on a Hamburg Harbor scenery.
    Great to know, Henrik ! Do you possibly have heard something about Rotterdam getting additional harbor scenery ? At the moment, in MSFS, it is really a bit of a sad and lonely place to visit/fly over while in real life it's about the busiest place in Holland:

And that's not even half of it..

Cheers,
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    My pleasure, Henrik.

Wonderful!, that's what i'm talking about !

Great to know, Henrik ! Do you possibly have heard something about Rotterdam getting additional harbor scenery ? At the moment, in MSFS, it is really a bit of a sad and lonely place to visit/fly over while in real life it's about the busiest place in Holland:

And that's not even half of it..

Cheers,
    Jan
    I think the World Update 4 will cover Benelux including Rotterdam airport, but if the harbor will get any workover I do not know. One can hope... And if not, then I am willing to help with ships if someone wants to enter the project.

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Ok, matey, i'll see your wonderful Cunarders, CGT (although you'll have to fill me in on that..) SS France, Mauretania and Oceanic and raise you MS Willem Ruys (1947,later converted as Achille Lauro known for it being hijacked by members of the PLF 1985), SS Rotterdam(1956,HAL), MS Oranje (1930,SMN) and SS Rex (1931,Italian Line. Destroyed by Allied B-17's in 1944). Oh, and not forget RMS Titanic, also for four Pipes sake.

I'll throw in 2 Montecristo Edmundo's and some of the finest French Cognac so we can keep going all night.
    CGT = Compagnie Generale Transatlantique. It's what us cool kids call the French Line....

We're agreed on the France (and the Mauretania, too) but I've gotta have my Normandie.

Love Rotterdam - I took a black-and-white portrait of her during one of her last New York visits - need to track down the print.

I'll take Olympic over Titanic - longer service life and better omens.

I once got to have a very nice conversation with John Maxtone-Graham and his wife at a New York ocean liner swap meet. I'm also a regular on one of the big Facebook ocean liner groups. Lou Betti (remember Dreamfleet?) turns up there occasionally. And currently helping do research for a friend who's writing a novel set on a P&O cruise in the 1930s.

Better open up that cognac - we're going to be here all night...
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

MSFS freezes when loading a flight

Hi, been using GAIST for some time and ever since SU8 I have had a problem with my sim freezing at around 40% while loading into a new flight. I have finially tracked this down to being caused by GAIST. I have tried the latest version 2.1.5.

A friend has confirmed that he has the same problem. Both of us have confirmed that once GAIST is removed we have no further issues.

We both have good Medium specced PC’s and have good performance overall.

Would be interested if anyone else has experianced this problem

No problems with GAIST here, but just a thought: what do you have your Ships and Ferries slider set to? The default is 50%, but GAIST recommends no more than 10% with GAIST installed, or even a bit lower.

-RobM

Quote Originally Posted by RobM;[URL="tel:1288217"
    1288217[/URL]]No problems with GAIST here, but just a thought: what do you have your Ships and Ferries slider set to? The default is 50%, but GAIST recommends no more than 10% with GAIST installed, or even a bit lower.

-RobM
    Thanks for your reply Rob, I maybe it was still set to 50%, but I think I had set it lower. Maybe it changed during an sim update which is often the case with setting.

Notwithstanding, it never caused this problem and there is two of us that it has happenend to. For now I’m giving it a miss till after SU9.

There's a thread over on the official forums. Some folks with no add-ons are getting CTDs. Others like me, with plenty of other add-ons, have zero issues with it. I'm thinking a driver or a sim setting must be the culprit given the elimination of add-on conflicts as an issue.

OR maybe it's a particular ship model causing issues, so only people flying in certain regions have the problem?

Hi!

I have seen exactly the same behaviour with GAIST since SU8. I have taken all add-ons out of the community folder and brought them back one by one. End result is, the moment I introduce GAIST the sim get's stuck when loading or just before hitting the "Fly now" button. I will double check my ship traffic slider, but I suspect the problem to be slightly more complex.

Seawing

Edit: I have checked my ship traffic sliders and they are both at 5%. The moment I hit "FLY" after setting up the flight the sim crashes. I don't have Japan, Australia and Spain scenery updates installed and wonder, if something is missing that now conflicts with GAIST. Just a thought....
    Last edited by seawing; April 10th, 2022 at 05:42.

Members who have read this thread: 0