Version 1.13.16 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Version 1.13.16

Navy Chief, did you try renaming your Community folder to make sure there are no conflicting add-ons?

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    I have the Deluxe version of MSFS and I am not sure if it should contain the Boeing 787. From memory it was there before the upgrade but has now mysteriously disappeared. I also read the upgrade for the Deluxe version was 29GB but all I got was a 22.15GB download.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

After the install go to the market place and install the free UK addon and then go to the content manager and install everything that is to be found there.

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I downloaded the update last night and all was well. But now I can't get MSFS to finish loading. It hangs up shortly after the first couple of opening screens, and stops. Crap. NC
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Navy Chief, did you try renaming your Community folder to make sure there are no conflicting add-ons?
    It started working OK again. Is MSFS operation speed affected by how many people are connected? NC

I updated mine over about four hours late at night. Never could get d/l speed over about 70MBPS. I still haven't had time to fly yet, but that will change in a bit. I'm home today due to ice, so I'll have some time to play around.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I can confirm that the update screwed up flap lift effectiveness and likely some other things I haven't found just yet. I flew the King Air and can say two things, they improved the turbine and prop lag BUT even with TO/Approach Flaps, it leaps off the runway like a C-7 Caribou STOL!!! LOL!
    I hope they fix this issue as it seems to be widespread across the aircraft models. BTW, most of the flight model config Flap Lift/Drag/Pitch settings for each aircraft are set above 1.0 which is not good. Even dialed back to 1.0 (from 1.4 to 1.9 in some cases), the flap lift can't be accurate.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    I can confirm that the update screwed up flap lift effectiveness and likely some other things I haven't found just yet. I flew the King Air and can say two things, they improved the turbine and prop lag BUT even with TO/Approach Flaps, it leaps off the runway like a C-7 Caribou STOL!!! LOL!
    I hope they fix this issue as it seems to be widespread across the aircraft models. BTW, most of the flight model config Flap Lift/Drag/Pitch settings for each aircraft are set above 1.0 which is not good. Even dialed back to 1.0 (from 1.4 to 1.9 in some cases), the flap lift can't be accurate.
    Better to reduce the following parameter by 50-75%:

[AERODYNAMICS]
    lift_coef_flaps =

Marcel

I personally feel they should have gone the hotfix route. Seems like a long time to wait for our landings to get back to normal, not to mention it sounding like they broke the payware aircraft, also.

LouP

Anything with flaps is affected. Time to practice your flapless landings or fly biplanes like the Waco.

I am not going to fix the issue with editing all the models, I am just going to use a handful and await the update. I have kept backups of those flight dynamics configs for when they do fix this issue. They need to properly test before the releases but I'm not holding my breath.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by LouP View Post
    I personally feel they should have gone the hotfix route. Seems like a long time to wait for our landings to get back to normal, not to mention it sounding like they broke the payware aircraft, also.

LouP
    Loup, agree with you totally. They say

"In the meantime, a workaround is to go into the flight_model.cfg and divide the flap lift by 2x (there are several possible scalars for that purpose: lift_coef_flaps or lift_scalar)"
    "We debated if we should address this via a hot fix as quickly as possible, but ultimately believe that the better approach is to implement the fix and to then thoroughly test everything for the upcoming Sim Update 3 (coming early March)."

That's not acceptable. Do they in ASOBO care about Clients being forced to use a defective and easily fixed product for about 3-4 weeks? No! What is this? Disrespect ? They want us to use their defective product not caring about us. They want me to fix what must and should be fixed with a hot fix, by them. That´s their job not mine. Tried to find those scalars, nope. If I feel comfortable with coding? Obviously not.
    Please Asobo people don´t ask me to do your work. Do it now.
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    I have the Deluxe version of MSFS and I am not sure if it should contain the Boeing 787. From memory it was there before the upgrade but has now mysteriously disappeared. I also read the upgrade for the Deluxe version was 29GB but all I got was a 22.15GB download.

The B787 comes with Premium Deluxe.

- dcc
    - -

Of course their suggested workaround doesn't work on the deluxe or premium models since the flight model file isn't accessible. Most of the planes I fly are from the Deluxe stable, so I suppose I'll just have to deal with it until the update. I was wondering why the Baron seemed a bit easier to land!

- dcc
    - -

Well, the four that I fly most are from the standard pack - C208, DA62, Icon, and TBM. I just cut the lift_coef_flaps in each to exactly half, so we'll see how they go some time tomorrow. But that's the easy part. I love flying in real weather, so the new issue with the "fixed" clouds is a bit... umm... disappointing. I guess I can just run daytime and partly cloudy weather preset until they do something about that...
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Well, the four that I fly most are from the standard pack - C208, DA62, Icon, and TBM. I just cut the lift_coef_flaps in each to exactly half, so we'll see how they go some time tomorrow. But that's the easy part. I love flying in real weather, so the new issue with the "fixed" clouds is a bit... umm... disappointing. I guess I can just run daytime and partly cloudy weather preset until they do something about that...
    Are you referring to the halo around objects at dawn/dusk/night when there are clouds?

I'm also having some anti-aliasing issues with the latest update. I get some weird outline around the G1000 in the Baron and and Bonanza, and it's really bad close up. I've tried lots of different settings and while some help a little none fix the problem. I have a feeling this is related because it seems like a perimeter rendering issue.

Unfortunately this is typical for software releases these days -- two steps forward, one step back.

- dcc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2021-02-18 20_44_01-Microsoft Flight Simulator - 1.13.16.0.jpg  
    - -

Yep - that's exactly it. Any time the POV is looking up past any object in front of clouds.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Hi, please tell me how to do that. Unable to find those files, meaning lift_coef_flaps
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Hi, please tell me how to do that. Unable to find those files, meaning lift_coef_flaps
    Thanks
    You'll need to open Windows File Explorer and drill down to the folder of the airplane you want to modify. For example, if you purchased MSFS from the MS Store, the folder for the C172 w/ G1000 is

C:\Users\[YOURUSERNAME]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_ 8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStor e\asobo-aircraft-c172sp-as1000\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_C172sp_AS1000

(It's somewhere else if purchased from Steam)

In this folder you'll find a text file called flight_model.cfg. I'd highly recommend before doing anything else, make a copy of this file.

Then open the original in a text editor such as Notepad. Scroll down untill you find the [AERODYNAMICS] section and you should find "lift_coef_flaps = " entry. Change the value to whatever you want and save the file.

(I can't stress enough making a backup copy before editing )

Note that this can only be done with the standard edition planes.

- dcc
    - -

Funny how they make things different. Bought mine from Ms OneStore, installed in drive D:/. Tried to find that file in your location. In my system is located at "D:/Microsoft Flight Simulator/Official/OneStore/asobo-aircraft-c152/SimObjects/Airplanes/Asobo_C152/flight_model.cfg". Also noted that some of the planes do not have "flight_model.cfg" namely Pipistrel. Perhaps this is what you mean by "Note that this can only be done with the standard edition planes."'?
    Folder OneStore has every files...
    And thank very much for attention, regards

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Funny how they make things different. Bought mine from Ms OneStore, installed in drive D:/. Tried to find that file in your location. In my system is located at "D:/Microsoft Flight Simulator/Official/OneStore/asobo-aircraft-c152/SimObjects/Airplanes/Asobo_C152/flight_model.cfg". Also noted that some of the planes do not have "flight_model.cfg" namely Pipistrel. Perhaps this is what you mean by "Note that this can only be done with the standard edition planes."'?
    Folder OneStore has every files...
    And thank very much for attention, regards
    Custom install locations will alter that path for certain. And as I understand it, the only difference in the path on a default Steam purchase is the "OneStore" folder name. And of course, you're right about only being able to edit the 20 planes included with the basic package. The rest use encrypted files and can't be edited.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

A couple of things really noticeable now with the update

* Ground texture tiles come an go as you approach and depart. That's an old FSX problem.
    * Continuous square patterns in all water, somewhat dependent on angle of view, but annoying. In fact, the water textures have never been the same as they were at launch.
    * Faint white outline on aircraft, visible on some models in the air and on the ground.
    * Bing data turns itself off.

- d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    * Faint white outline on aircraft, visible on some models in the air and on the ground.
    That's part of the cloud rendering "improvement." There's a long thread about it in the official forum and another thread here.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 0