Version 1.13.16
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Version 1.13.16

Version 1.13.16

Version 1.13.16 available to download!!!

Yep, I'm 18Gb into the 23Gb download ATM and I'm expecting there to be another big download to do in the content manager after that.
    thank god for fast broadband.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

FYI: Just like with the Japan update, the UK and Ireland content are available separately in the marketplace and must be downloaded after installing update 1.13.16.

The UK update is a further 5Gb download so all in all about 30Gb total.

Also note if you have the ORBX version of LOWI you will need to go into the content manager and uninstall the ASOBO one again as the update reinstalles it.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

After downloading the UK/Ireland World Update 3 from Marketplace, I had to go back to Content Manager to download the UK Points of Interest. Not sure if this is always true or was a glitch on my download.

Also, if you have the OrbX London POI add-on, make sure you disable it until it's updated.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    After downloading the UK/Ireland World Update 3 from Marketplace, I had to go back to Content Manager to download the UK Points of Interest. Not sure if this is always true or was a glitch on my download.

Also, if you have the OrbX London POI add-on, make sure you disable it until it's updated.
    Must have been a glitch in the Matrix Denny, the landmarks came down with the main UK/Ireland download for me.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Just noticed the update includes a new version of EGGP Liverpool John Lennon airport so will probably have to uninstall that to if it clashes with the ORBX version.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Vast improvement in performance of the sim.
    bug fixes were largely undefined in the release notes but I seem to have benefitted
    in overall smoothness with about an average of 5-7 more FPS
    remember to check your Data Usage Page in the GUI because
    you’ll need to turn things back on.
    You might also have to reset your data cap limit - if you had one.
    check to see if your CPU core usages are now split better with core one more or less
    unloaded to the rest a bit better. There was supposed to be some optimization adjustment there.
    I have only taken two flights after installing the update and the free UK / Ireland package.
    My first impression is positive. Hopefully the same for all, but it is way too early to say this update
    has no warts. BTW Scotland looks Beautiful!! Just flew from Arbroath EG11 to Forfar EGYT and it looks fantastic
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

For developers: For the new SDK features you will need to download the SDK update separately from the Dev mode menu.

Anybody in California getting the update? "checking for updates" on the launch screen is not doing anything, just goes past after a few seconds to the launch screen.

- d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

I was able to get it downloaded pretty fast. POIs seem to be listed correctly for me. However, there doesn't seem to be the "London Eye" modeled.

Edit: I had to go back in and download additional files after the original update. In the update section within MSFS there's a picture with the London Eye. We'll see if it installs correctly...
    Cheers,
    Dave

dvj I'm in Arizona, and I don't see it either.

Sue

Mine took about 90 minutes from start to finish, averaging about 120Mbps, I'm guessing my old-ish HDD was probably the bottleneck. After it finished it complained that my bandwidth was too low (?!) for online play so that may have been a glitch. I did have to go in and reset the data connection switches as others have mentioned with past updates.

First thing I checked was to see if they fixed the Baron's textures and ... nope. Still messed up on the ailerons and a few other places. <sigh>

Spot checked a few places I had seen land spikes and they were gone.

Looking forward to flying around UK and Ireland now.

- dcc
    - -

Ok, I got it finally but I had to go and manually update to the latest version 1.13.16.0 through the microsoft store and select update for my ms apps. Usually FS202 will launch and do this somewhat automatically. After that, I launched the sim and it went into the update prompt. All seems OK for the moment.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

These screenshots aren't the best, but are some of those I captured while flying down the heart of London today (the photogrammetry element is intense!).

Passing over the Tower of London - one of my ancestor's cousins, James Tyrrell, a right-hand man to king Richard III, is said to have confessed to the murders of the Princes in the Tower (made famous by Shakespeare).

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Anybody in California getting the update? "checking for updates" on the launch screen is not doing anything, just goes past after a few seconds to the launch screen.

- d
    I am in So Cal and got the thing ok
    It's a wonky setup - first you agree to download from the 'store' which opens the MS Store page - then you can download the 'App Update' for MSFS and that is 1.03Gigs
    Once that is downloaded and installed you close that window and you see the new MSFS loading 'Splash Page' with the image of the UK (no longer the US Western desert image)and at the
    bottom of the screen it should now have the 'install update' button and indicate the size (dependent on your MSFS bundle - mine is 'Deluxe') 29.35 Ghz
    Clicking on that begins the big download - mine took 47 minutes. I was warned I had a 10 gig data cap in the game and should remove the cap but there was no way to pause the download and do that but the download continued anyway.
    As soon as the download and installation was complete the program continued to load - all the new splash screens came up indicating installation is good. As soon as I could I went into the 'Options menu' and removed the Data limit cap - there it indicated my current usage was 30+ Ghz
    when it had been just over 1 this morning. I also had to turn 'Internet connection' back ON as it was OFF and the Bing data and Photogrammetry were 'greyed out' or OFF.
    Then - you have to go to the 'Marketplace' and click on the UK/Ireland pack to 'purchase and download' it - the price is FREE but you have to add these 4.94 gigs of data to actually see the improvements in the UK (England and Scotland) and Ireland.
    Now at last you have your update.
    It is WONKY and should be less cumbersome than this but...
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    These screenshots aren't the best, but are some of those I captured while flying down the heart of London today (the photogrammetry element is intense!).

Passing over the Tower of London - one of my ancestor's cousins, James Tyrrell, a right-hand man to king Richard III, is said to have confessed to the murders of the Princes in the Tower (made famous by Shakespeare).

The marina on this pic is one of my favorite places in London, St Catherine's Dock. When it's sunny, fish n'chips, beer and good company at the Dicken's Inn outside tables was one of the pleasures.

Unfortunately, the HMS Belfast is still not shown and replaced by default yachts. ORBX landmarks had it.

My update hung on +/- 1 Gb and now I've lost connection to the marketplace. I've tried to sign out of Xbox and sign in again (like the last time) and it doesn't work...

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

I had to log out of the Microsoft store, reboot the computer, log back in, and check for updates several times before the update would show up. Pitiful system! I wish that they would fix it.

I'm on the Steam version, but the bloody thing always says that "connection to the content servers is lost"...

Servers are overloaded I guess?

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Quite normal here, no problems at all and everything ok. Download from store, start game, download update, run, download England and Ireland. Big files, take while but works like a charm...
    Problem is with views. My simple Thustmaster T1600M works so much better on P3D v5 where it not need any kind of configuration and in MSFS it´s just front/rear/left/right/up/dpwn tried to configure it to no avail

It's working now, but I had to uninstall the whole bloody thing and now I'm downloading 154 GB. Oh well, I have a new and crisp install on the way!

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

mine has been downloading 23 Gb now for the entire day, still 3 to go...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

They made changes to the overall flight modeling which has borked a number of 3rd party addons. I am now able to land the Airbus (FBW updated version) and the SSW G.91 level (little to no flare) from 20 to 40 knots slower with full flaps. Funny how they fix some issues and create more.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I downloaded the update last night and all was well. But now I can't get MSFS to finish loading. It hangs up shortly after the first couple of opening screens, and stops. Crap. NC

Members who have read this thread: 0