Rheine airfield for FS9

Thread: Rheine airfield for FS9

Rheine airfield for FS9

Rheine airfield, Bentlage, Germany. 2/21

Hope your not bored with Luftwaffe airfields yet, ( this is the small one, there's a bigger one in the pipeline)
    Luftwaffe fighter and night fighter airfield in western Germany, esp Me109 and 262 units
    Look for Bentlage Army in your scenery menu

Im starting to lose track of what objects come from what scenerys, but as long as you have--
    Achmer
    Munich Riem
    Blankensee-Lubeck
    Westerland-sylt, installed, you should be fine :-)

Thanks to AF Scrub for the Me262 statics

Thats interesting, image's wont show in the post, you can open them up but there not ready displayed, there's also a 800-600 limit on image size when uploading, something to do with the change over i guess

Thanks Ian,
    No never bored with good scenery....

Rheine-Hopsten, important late war base. From Me262's and Ar234's to Typhoon and Tempests.

Regarding the pics. We had that before several years ago, I think upload pics were also affected as well. I can't remember how it was fixed, but obviously it was.

And Mike Cyul's 262's are superb.

Cheers

Shessi

Rheine airfield FS9

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Scenery

Description: Luftwaffe fighter and night fighter airfield in western Germany, esp Me109 and 262 units

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Rheine airfield FS9
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Thats interesting, image's wont show in the post, you can open them up but there not ready displayed, there's also a 800-600 limit on image size when uploading, something to do with the change over i guess
    Thanks for this nice scenery again Ian.

There was an issue with "images" after the move to the new server. Dave has been working on it and it should be okay now.

See this thread: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...move-issue-log

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Rheine-Hopsten, important late war base. From Me262's and Ar234's to Typhoon and Tempests.
    It is confusing but there is Rheine-Hopsten and there is Rheine-Bentlage. Both have been constructed around the same time (1939) and both are closed now. During the war they have been used by similar units for similar purposes. After the war Hopsten remained in use as an Air Force airfield (Fliegerhorst der Deutschen Luftwaffe) and Bentlage became an Army airfield with mainly helicopters (Heeresflugplatz).

When the Germans F-4 Phantoms were phased out in 2005 Hopsten was closed. Bentlage was closed in 2017.

As Ian's scenery replaces the default Bentlage scenery I think this scenery is for the first airfield.

Cheers,
    Huub

Thanks guy's Huubs right, Rheine is to the west of Bentlage and Hopsten to the east, I had a good map of Rheine and one of the FR 262's represents a Rheine based unit. Hopsten, with its single runway and more conventional layout didnt seem as interesting to model, ive also have a more modern version somewhere that i occasionally fly my Cloud9 F4 from.

Rheine airfield for FS9

Hallo Ian,
    thank you for another Luftwaffe airfield.I' m very happy
    that piece a piece the Luftwaffe gets her bases back
    I cant get enough of them,LOL,
    There are still some interesting locations in europe.
    In france I think to Kerlan-Bastard, which today has another name
    Would be interesting for the airfield but also some other very well known
    object close to it
    Yours
    Papi

Im happy your happy and that you liked my latest, my bulldozer's are very busy at the moment and im not looking for more ideas at the moment. I did Google Kerlan-Bastard and i got a lot of very interesting links, nothing to do with aviation though

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Im happy your happy and that you liked my latest, my bulldozer's are very busy at the moment and im not looking for more ideas at the moment. I did Google Kerlan-Bastard and i got a lot of very interesting links, nothing to do with aviation though
    I had a similar experience . But I think the airfield is now known under the name Lorient South Brittany Airport or Lorient-Lann-Bihoué Airport.
    Henry L. deZeng IV provides a long description in the Luftwaffe Airfields 1935-1945 document which can be found here: https://www.ww2.dk/lwairfields.html

Cheers,
    Huub

Kerlin-Bastard

Hallo Ian, Hello Huub,

Huub you are on the right way,
    in fact I did a typing error, the right name was Kerlin Bastard
    today this airfield is called Lann-Bihoue.
    it is now the home of the french Aéronavale and has a little part dedicated
    to civil aviation.
    I read once that some one was working on this scene, especially the U-Boat bunkers,
    but it was I believe once again for another sim, FSX or some thing else, grrrrrr
    Today airplanes come very often over my house in Brittany when on aproach or also when they do
    exercise on the shooting area near by
    Also from my house over the bay I can see the old u-boot bunkers
    Gavres where my home is, was a part of the "Festung Lorient" and still some big fortifications remain there
    Yours
    Papi

Members who have read this thread: 1