Home airport with aircraft cold and dark

Thread: Home airport with aircraft cold and dark

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar

Home airport with aircraft cold and dark

I am still trying to find my way around MSFS2020 but the biggest gripe I have at the moment is I am unable to set a home airport where my default aircraft is parked with engine off, all switches to off, battery turned off leaving the aircraft in cold and dark mode. At the moment the sim starts with the engine running and I need to get the brakes on quick smart.

Also is there some way that my controls from FSX Steam can be imported into MSFS?

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Hi,

In MSFS it depend where you start:
    - runway -> you start with engines running
    - parkingposition -> you start cold and dark

Marcel

Exactly.
    That means that when you choose your departure airport, you have to either:
    - zoom in enough on the map to see the parkings, and click on one of them to make it your departure
    - use the dropdown list under the airport name field on top of the screen, to select one of the parkings (faster, but you don't see where the parking is located, contrary to above).
    When starting a "flight" on a parking instead of the runway, your plane will be cold&dark.

Members who have read this thread: 0