FSX:SE XML to BGL

Thread: FSX:SE XML to BGL

FSX:SE XML to BGL

Hi!

This is driving me up the wall

I've managed to get Object Placer working and started recreating my home farmstrip and got the XML file. But I now can't compile it as P3D SDK v1.4 no longer exists, nor do any of the other compilers. I've tried P3D v3 but just get a tonne of errors that I don't understand.

Any tips?

I see you are using FSX:SE, you have an XML file that you want to compile to a "bgl" I assume. My question is why are you using P3D to compile? I have used XML to bgl in the past to recompile XML files and just used the compiler from the FSX SDK. Unless there is something in the XML file that is coded wrong it should be a very simple process.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

This link at fsdeveloper.com works for downloading the P3d v1.4 SDK.

Prepar3D v1 SDK | FSDeveloper

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I see you are using FSX:SE, you have an XML file that you want to compile to a "bgl" I assume. My question is why are you using P3D to compile? I have used XML to bgl in the past to recompile XML files and just used the compiler from the FSX SDK. Unless there is something in the XML file that is coded wrong it should be a very simple process.
    Hi Falcon,Yes FSX:SE doesn't come with the proper BGL compiler, so I can't get access to it as I don't have an 'old school' copy of FSX that includes the full SDK, and I can't find any BGL compiler online to download. Apparently, people in the past have used the P3D SDK. @henrystreet - thanks for that, however, clicking on the download button doesn't result in anything.

Quote Originally Posted by henrystreet View Post
    This link at fsdeveloper.com works for downloading the P3d v1.4 SDK.Prepar3D v1 SDK | FSDeveloper
    I just tried this in MS Edge, not Chrome, and it's worked. Thanks!

Members who have read this thread: 0