A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Military skins - WWII

Description: This is a repaint of the Flight Replicas Bf 109 G-6 Erla as 'Red 8' of III/JG 300 flown by Oberleutnant Kurt Gabler. It's a popular scheme with plastic modellers but one I've not yet seen done for FSX.

Gabler's aircraft (and some others from III/JG300) are sometimes shown as bare aluminium. In fact the standard day camouflage was quite crudely sanded or stripped back to save weight and improve the odds of intercepting RAF Mosquitos. Photos show remnants of the swastika and other bits of finish so it was never completely bare, and certainly not polished to a shine. Some access panels appear darker, which could have been paint or a different alloy. I left the ailerons and elevators painted as they probably weren't sanded. This aircraft had unusual victory bars on the rudder, copied here as well as I could from a photo.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Flight Replicas Bf109G-6 Erla 'Red 8' Kurt Gabler
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.