ORBX Central and FSX Acceleration

Thread: ORBX Central and FSX Acceleration

ORBX Central and FSX Acceleration

I had not used ORBX downloads since before November 2020. Last week I tried to download my ORBX Base, Vector and Land Class NA and NONE of them get downloaded through ORBX Central. The website works fine. I have been going round and round with their support who are trying to help but just giving me "canned answers" like "read the manual" I sent them the Central log and read it myself. ORBX Central looks for FSX in HKEY Local in the wrong place and I can't seem to get through to them that it is not where they have it now. I think that they did something in their last update but they claim no one has a problem but me and its on my end. If you use ORBX and FSX Acceleration, where is YOUR FSX in the registry (NOT Roaming I know where that is) On my machine its in WOW6432 which according to MSN is where it belongs on a Windows 7 64 bit system for a 32 bit program. I have FSX in C:\ Programs(86)
    Help please!

Odd, I have FSX/Accel on my E: Drive (Win10-64bit) and Orbx Central has no problem using that location. When you start Orbx Central (V4.1.28 is current), does it show Flight Simulator X in the Box next to "Search"? Also, when you click on the setup icon and select "General" it should also show the current version of Central and the Active Simulator. If all that rings true with yours then I don't see any reason that it shouldn't also show your purchases and allow those to be downloaded.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Try the registry repair tool, it has fixed some similar issues I had in the past.

I think it's this one I used.

Edit: Nope, it was the TweakFS one at the post below. Link deleted.

No guarantee that this is your problem but sometimes the registry entries for FSX can get corrupted for no apparent reason.
    It usually doesn't stop FSX from working but can cause problems with some 3rd party installers and utilities.

Try going to TweakFS and downloading and run their free FSX registry utility hopefully that will fix it.

http://tweakfs.com/store/free_tools.php
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

I have FSX Steam (which I think is kinda the same as Accel) on a Win7-64 machine with multiple Orbx scenery packages, but I'm not much a software person. Can you tell me how to find the information you're looking for?
    America never stopped being great.

Well thanks but

Every thing that is suggested has been tried already. Including a brand new cleaned every single file out including the registry according to MSN instructions and a new install. When I start ORBX Central it takes me to ORBX. I have every purchase in My Account and ORBX Direct will take me to the screen that has ORBX Central box on it to download but it does nothing. NO DOWNLOAD happens. ORBX support has been no help through no fault of their own. They suggested everything that ya' all have and more. I had no problem whatsoever until their latest update but they claim that is not the problem its my system and there is no way to give me an earlier version of ORBX Central or a manual zip because they do not do that any longer even though it is on their website. It is a dead link. I have payware software for registry repair, cleanup etc and have run it twice. NO HELP. Thank you all for your immediate replies. Now I will have to wait and see. Fortunately, I can use my FSX(A) beautifully and its 10x faster than it was before the cleanup without ORBX until they can tell me how to fix it on my end. I was hoping for a reply from them this AM because being in Australia they have been replying at 2:00AM my time but nothing today. I seem to remember that is is a holiday of some kind there today so maybe that is why. I hope that the tech will consult with someone else. ORBX Central has to look for the HKEYLOCAL in WOW6432 and from what I can see it doesn't. Falcon409 would you send me in a PM a Notepad of your ORBX Central.log to compare with mine after I try a download?

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Every thing that is suggested has been tried already. Including a brand new cleaned every single file out including the registry according to MSN instructions and a new install. When I start ORBX Central it takes me to ORBX. I have every purchase in My Account and ORBX Direct will take me to the screen that has ORBX Central box on it to download but it does nothing. NO DOWNLOAD happens. ORBX support has been no help through no fault of their own. They suggested everything that ya' all have and more. I had no problem whatsoever until their latest update but they claim that is not the problem its my system and there is no way to give me an earlier version of ORBX Central or a manual zip because they do not do that any longer even though it is on their website. It is a dead link. I have payware software for registry repair, cleanup etc and have run it twice. NO HELP. Thank you all for your immediate replies. Now I will have to wait and see. Fortunately, I can use my FSX(A) beautifully and its 10x faster than it was before the cleanup without ORBX until they can tell me how to fix it on my end. I was hoping for a reply from them this AM because being in Australia they have been replying at 2:00AM my time but nothing today. I seem to remember that is is a holiday of some kind there today so maybe that is why. I hope that the tech will consult with someone else. ORBX Central has to look for the HKEYLOCAL in WOW6432 and from what I can see it doesn't. Falcon409 would you send me in a PM a Notepad of your ORBX Central.log to compare with mine after I try a download?
    Check your PM. Sorry I was away from my computer.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

If it's of any help here's the content of the regkey for my install in that path.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\ Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0]
    "SetupPath"="D:\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\FSX "

The path for my steam will be a bit different to yours though.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Check your PM. Sorry I was away from my computer.
    Thank you for taking the time to try and help.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to try and help.
    Turn off your Anti- virus while trying to download
    Sometimes the downloads get flagged as being from
    An unsecured server or something like that, or the security certificate for the site isn't up to date , it's nothing to do with your registry or ORBX per se, just windows and your Anti virus conspiring against you.

Ttfn

Pete

Sorry but no

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Turn off your Anti- virus while trying to download
    Sometimes the downloads get flagged as being from
    An unsecured server or something like that, or the security certificate for the site isn't up to date , it's nothing to do with your registry or ORBX per se, just windows and your Anti virus conspiring against you.

Ttfn

Pete
    I have the same anti-virus and the same OS I had in November and before and never had a problem until their update. I found the problem and ORBX has to tell me how to fix it. This new version of ORBX Central is not looking where my registry entry is and its where it belongs according to MSN:
    WOW6432 in the registry. I never looked for it before this happened but it must have been there since I have had Windows 7 64bit home edition and this laptop for 5 years now. So my question to them has been what did ORBX do. Ed (Falcon409) was kind enough to send me his ORBX Central log and I compared it to mine and there is only one line different in the whole thing where ORBX says it can't find my FSX registry entry.

Members who have read this thread: 1