How to register FS2004..?

Thread: How to register FS2004..?

How to register FS2004..?

I've completed a FS2004 install from discs and now need to register the product.
    I'm running into dead web links, not able to reach a live support tech, redirect to XBox help lines, etc.

Any suggestions/help would be appreciated....

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    I've completed a FS2004 install from discs and now need to register the product.
    I'm running into dead web links, not able to reach a live support tech, redirect to XBox help lines, etc.

Any suggestions/help would be appreciated....
    Been awhile since I installed my fs9, iirc you don't need to online register, you just need the product key code when you install, then install the 9.1 update patch , and finally, get the " file that shall not be named" so you can run fs9 without the cd in disc drive. No doubt Huub will be along soon to fill in anything I've missed

Ttfn

Pete

Recently I have installed FS2004 from my original old 2003 (!) disk set and I didn't have to register it and I even didn't have to provide a product key code. When my memory is correct it somewhere provided a key code during the installation process. But as I have never done anything with it in the past, I didn't even bother to write this down. Also the upgrade to version 9.1 worked without supplying any codes.
    To be able to run FS2004 you simply needed to leave disk4 in the CD drive, but most of us have simply replaced the original FS9 executable file with the file which should be mentioned here.
    (I'm running Windows 10 64-bits version)

This might be because in 2003 not everybody had an internet connection and people wanted to run FS2004 stand alone. So as I still had a brand new set in plastic, I opened this set today to see if anything has changed. But according to the original manual in this brand new set, it still works exactly the same (See instruction page below).

My suggestion at this moment would be to ignore the registration, and immediately upgrade to the 9.1 version and replace the original fs9.exe file with the file which shouldn't be mentioned, but can be found here:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downlo...1-no-cd-patch/

As the original Microsoft FS2004 support has disappeared you can find the 9.1 patch here:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downlo...04-update-v91/

I hope this helps,
    Huub

True. What "huub vink" said about v9.1.

It added bridges and some other stuff that was left off the original CDs. Then plug in the other item I PMed you about.

Members who have read this thread: 0