DFW C.V late production 1917 & 1918 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DFW C.V late production 1917 & 1918

Looking good, although I did like the stowed gun. Stuart Green's Caudron G.4 model file has a gun gun animation which might be worth a look.

Hugely impressed with your modelling progress CK

SOH-CM-2024

Icon23 DFW C.V Progress

Hi Capt Kurt,

Just a thought !! Uncle TGT just produced A Ju-86E & K with Rear Exposed Gunner which I might add works really well, maybe you could borrow that animation . The gunner doesn't look that much different .

Regards and Best Wishes,
    And Keep up the Good Work,

Hi All,
    There are two GUID's that control the AI gun aiming. They are gun and barrel. I am not sure how many there can be, but the Betty has gun6 and barrel6.
    One controls left/right movement and the other up/down. I don't remember witch is witch though.
    The animation should be linked same as the gear etc.

Hope this helps,
    B24Guy

Very nice work on this CK, looks a cracking model!

The gunner/gun on Erwin's models is driven by the timed Tick18 animation, which is only available for FSDS 3x. It is not tracking but just moves back and forth/up/down on a timer.

People are talking about three things here, a straight animation of a stowed gun to the ready position (easily done on an ani command); a stowed then ready postion gun animation, and then Tick18 movement; and then a stowed gun to ready postion AND then tracking...there's no reason why you couldn't have an animation from stowed to ready, and then have it as a Tick18 gun (Erwin does that on his models), but I don't know if the AI tracking/aiming animation of a gun works on models that are not AI?

Cheers

Shessi

OK guys, all this makes my head spin. Right now I am pretty much a what you see is what you get modeler.

I am trying to figure out animations, but not much support documentation is available beyond basic flight controls. I get the timing thing and how to set up keyframe movement, but how do you link an animation movement to a specific command? Is there a guide somewhere that lists what the keyframe title actually is supposed to to be used for, and what command is used in the game to make it happen? What animation keyframe name would I use to move the gun and gunner positions?

For example simple keyframe titles like pilot, gunner0,1,2, visor, cowling, etc aren't very helpful as to their function. What can you do with them and what command activates the animation in CFS2? All the lever names, do they just move a lever in the cockpit when an action like parking brake is activated in the game, or do they control the activation?

Other keyframe titles like bomb bay and cargo door functions are self explanatory but what activation command are they linked to?

I'm definitely not familiar with terms like Tik numbers (don't see them anywhere in FSDS control menus) and I don't know how a GUID number relates to a model animation unless you are talking SCASM coding?

Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (sound of a man falling off a cliff)
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Nooo Kurt, don't jump from the cliff, your planes are lovely and perfects as it!
    I didn't realised animation for CFS2 was so complicate with FSDS, in Gmax it's not easy and not well documented, cause you must convert from FS9 models created with the game pack, and many FS2004 animations don't work in CFS2, there are lots of animations I don't succeed on, bullets holes, having the gunners to be recognised and not visibles on static planes in missions, the spoilers anim don't always work, a long list with up to now no answer.
    I look forward the DFW, cheers
    Martin

Hi All,
    I am seeing this from a SCASM point of view. (cause that all I know).
    After looking back at Klein's post Gun is left/right and Barrel is up/down.
    If one does not use the tick18 animation the AI will aim the gun at you.
    It really does not matter because the AI will shoot at you regardless. That is set up in the DP file.
    As for Klein's question "the only thing I'm not too much sure is if the axle must be set to the world or to the object for the barrel to point well."
    The reference point is the object. I found this out with the stock Val. The animation was linked as if the gun pointed forward. I had to flip and rotate the drawing of the gun to make it aim in the correct direction.
    As to what triggers what animation that seems to depend on the sim. Some commands are universal such as rudder, elevator, engine, etc. other's are sim dependent. They all have their own GUID identifier. In CFS2 most can be identified by looking at the key assignments.
    CFS2 has some specific ones such as damage and bullets witch evolve texture mods and swaps.
    This is probably too much information.

Regards,
    B24Guy

Hello all
    I would be happy to know more about returning an object with SCASM, I explain:
    I use interpolation tables to limit with SCASM the stick and pedals movement, but using those tables change the objects orientation for elevator and ailerons, so I must anticipate it in Gmax to have the stick turning in the good sense, I would enjoy to learn how to do it directly with SCASM. Badly I'm not a programmer and succeeded on it with many experimentations, do you believe you can tell me, B24 guy? I can on my turn show how I do to set up interpolation tables.

Several heads can always do more than only one

Cheers
    Martin

Hi Martin,
    That is most likely because stick and Pedals are not in CFS2.
    Just rudder, elevator and left right aileron.

Regards,
    B24Guy

Quote Originally Posted by The B24 Guy View Post
    Hi Martin,
    That is most likely because stick and Pedals are not in CFS2.
    Just rudder, elevator and left right aileron.

Regards,
    B24Guy
    Actually they can be in there as keyframe animations but not stock animations. The animations aren't used very often that I have seen.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Progress 1/27/21

The VC is complete and the texture mapping is done.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mapping.jpg   VC.jpg  
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Lovely VC Kurt, I love the metallic slippers, to permit to the feet tips to enter under the panel

Cheers
    Martin

Superbly done!!
    Congratulations Kurt
    Giuseppe

Feb 3 progress

Hi all,

The flight files are finished and first of 2 paint schemes is done. (hard to believe they actually used purple as a camo color, but it was a common scheme). This is the 1917 version, a LVG license manufactured aircraft. Left to do will be a 1918 scheme which will have lozenge wings and tail, and cleaning up the 2D panel which is still a little rough. These are late production machines.

After debating with myself whether to do it, I decided to go ahead and make a mid production version which had ear type radiators and a winter engine cover. But that will come a bit later.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1917.jpg   1916.jpg  
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Very nice CK . I know purple looks a bit strange as camouflage colour, but the RAF painted some of their Photo-Reconnaissance Spitfires pink, as this colour matched perfectly with the sky the near sunset or sunrise on cloudy days.

BTW the colour was called "mauve" by the Germans and comes in a lot of different shades.

Cheers,
    Huub

DFW late production 1918

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - World War I

Description: The DFW. C.V was possibly the most important aircraft in the WWI German Air Force. The overriding purpose of aviation at that time was support of the ground war. This made observaton and artillery spotting the primary air forces' mission and the DFW C.V equipped front line units in greater number than any other German 2 seater. It was highly succesful, well liked by its crews, and was reported to have outstanding performance comparable to the F2B Bristol fighter. It served continuously from 1916 to the end in 1918. Almost 4,000 were produced, with 2005 manufactured by the parent company DFW (Deutsche Flugzeug-Werke), and under license; 1400 by Aviatik, 400 by LVG (Luftverkehrsgesellschaft), and 150 by Halberstadt (Halberstädter Flugzeugwerke).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- DFW C.V late production

The model, textures. panel and air files are by Captain Kurt. The pilot figures were developed from Wolfi's freeware Japanese pilot .fsc source file. The prop spinning texture is by Kelticheart.

German 12.5 kg PuW bombs are from the 'Aerocrate Misc. Uires and more.zip' by Gary Aumaugher
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/freeflight/Areo_Misc.zip

Gauges are by Bastian Hundt, Horst Weingärtner, Stuart Green, Martin Klein and Just Flight

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit DFW late production 1918
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DFW C.V.jpg  
    Last edited by kdriver; February 9th, 2021 at 06:32.

DFW CV(LVG) late production 1917

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - World War I

Description: The DFW. C.V was possibly the most important aircraft in the WWI German Air Force. The overriding purpose of aviation at that time was support of the ground war. This made observation and artillery spotting the primary air forces' mission and the DFW C.V equipped front line units in greater number than any other German 2 seater. It was highly successful, well liked by its crews, and was reported to have outstanding performance comparable to the F2B Bristol fighter. It served continuously from 1916 to the end in 1918. Almost 4,000 were produced, with 2005 manufactured by the parent company DFW (Deutsche Flugzeug-Werke), and under license; 1400 by Aviatik, 400 by LVG (Luftverkehrsgesellschaft), and 150 by Halberstadt (Halberstädter Flugzeugwerke).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- DFW C.V (LVG) late production

The model, textures. panel and air files are by Captain Kurt. The pilot figures were developed from Wolfi's freeware Japanese pilot .fsc source file. The prop spinning texture is by Kelticheart.

German 12.5 kg PuW bombs are from the 'Aerocrate Misc. Uires and more.zip' by Gary Aumaugher
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/freeflight/Areo_Misc.zip

Gauges are by Bastian Hundt, Horst Weingärtner, Stuart Green, Martin Klein and Just Flight

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit DFW CV(LVG) late production 1917
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Bravo and thank you Kurt
    Beautiful model. Can't wait to try her in a mission

No pic?

Very nice and very useful! An added bonus is that she lands on the airfield (in my landing at Koolkerke) rather than taking ages to stop.

Many thanks!

There should be one. DFW 4482.jpg.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Thanks Captain, downloaded! I'll test her this evening

Cheers
    Martin

Super impressed by this CK - you've picked up the modelling skill vey well, & seem to be very quick at producing some excellent models for us, many thanks!

Library Staff
    Kurt, thanks very much for these magnificent aircraft. They just keep getting better and better. I love the engine and interior detail.

A couple of minor things: I think fssound.dll is needed for the BHHW gauges to work. The compass gauge should probably be included in the pack. I would suggest the attached one rather than the Caudron's. The points of the compass are in German instead of French. Martin Klein used this gauge in his Pfalz and Brandenburg W.29 gauge sets.

Looking forward to the missions.

Kevin
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by kdriver View Post
    Kurt, thanks very much for these magnificent aircraft. They just keep getting better and better. I love the engine and interior detail.

A couple of minor things: I think fssound.dll is needed for the BHHW gauges to work. The compass gauge should probably be included in the pack. I would suggest the attached one rather than the Caudron's. The points of the compass are in German instead of French. Martin Klein used this gauge in his Pfalz and Brandenburg W.29 gauge sets.

Looking forward to the missions.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin,

Good call on the compass, I'll make that change. In fact after looking at Martins gauges, I think I will replace the Bosch starter, altimeter, mags, airspeed and RPM gauges as well. That leaves only the BHHW clock and water temp. Thanks for the steer towards Martin's gauges.

BTW, these BHHW gauges seem to work without the sound dll, except for the Bosch Stupmag. But it is a somewhat copy from somewhere because the original gauge in the 20ies package will not show up after install. So, I don't know about it. Probably the sound required is for some of the other gauges in the package? In any case, I'm replacing most of them now.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt

Lovely planes Captain, and mmmm... I had some lozenges, I'm fond

If you need specific gauges not still available for your future models, I'll be happy to help.

Keep on your good work, cheers
    Martin

Members who have read this thread: 0