Howard 250 trigear - concept a/c

Thread: Howard 250 trigear - concept a/c

Howard 250 trigear - concept a/c

This a/c was produced by Milton and team as a 'concept/what if?' model. The design and build standard is (as all of Milton's projects) at the cutting edge of excellence for FS2004 and FSX. Putting tri-gear onto this a/c turns a goose into a swan. With its long sleek lines and extended windows it looks every inch a thorough-bread. Flying it is also very rewarding, however I believe a lady with such attractive contours deserves more than the pair she has at the moment (2x1250hp Wright Cyclones).

Replacing the existing piston powered engines with two turbo-prop engines would really transform overall performance and fulfill the promise implicit in the sleek lines. A 1950's design given the performance promised and becoming the ultimate retro toy for those owners wishing to stand out from the jostling Lear and Falcon jets.

Anyone up for getting permission from Milton to attempt such a transplant? I know, I should try it myself. But I just do not have the skills and it would also require the sacrifice of my constant fix of stick time. Call me selfish, but in life you have to understand your limits (especially with my mileage).

Hope no one has had the bug recently. Had my first inoculation yesterday, so the light at the end of the tunnel no longer seems to be the London - Edinburgh express . . . . .

Mal

I could absolutely see it sporting a pair of Rolls Royce Darts. Now that'd be a sight to see... and a sound to hear!

Members who have read this thread: 0