Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

Is anyone else missing the throttle handle in the latest version? (v1.0.3)

I've checked both clipped & normal winged versions & a various liveries.

Keith.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210729_174743.jpg  

Re-installed the Spitfire & everything is fine now! Didn't have any liveries installed so it must've been a glitch when transferring files?!

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    My latest and most complicated one yet (a lengthy and detailed history provided as well): https://flightsim.to/file/16363/spit...i-tb252-n752tb

I hope you might enjoy it.
    Bomber by name and Bomber (of Threads) by nature - this is discussion of the FI Spit not endless Screenshots of the above by you old chap.

Isn't there a Thread called Screenshots on this Forum or am I behind?

The reason I ask is because I'm on low bandwidth (like dial up) and it takes 15 minutes to load your stuff before I can actually read any news on the Spit by Flying Irons - which is why I'm here.

I hope you're not hurt by this - but I need you to stop making my Mobile Broadband go in to the Red every month. It is rather tedious to be frank.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganter View Post
    Bomber by name and Bomber (of Threads) by nature - this is discussion of the FI Spit not endless Screenshots of the above by you old chap.

The reason I ask is because I'm on low bandwidth (like dial up) and it takes 15 minutes to load your stuff before I can actually read any news on the Spit by Flying Irons - which is why I'm here.

I hope you're not hurt by this - but I need you to stop making my Mobile Broadband go in to the Red every month. It is rather tedious to be frank.
    Hi Ganter,

I feel your pain -- I had horrible Internets up until a few years ago.

However, images are always going to be a thing, particularly with a sim as beautiful as MSFS. So I'd suggest looking into a browser extension that will give you control over what you see.

For instance, this one for Chrome lets you turn off images for specific websites (not sure about individual topics):
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...hnhkffmjgalbgg

So you could disable images on SOH without affecting other sites. And easily turn them back on when there's something you want to see.

Just a suggestion.

cheers,
    Denny

I've been coming to this forum for twenty years now, and I've never had such a rude message directed at me. You make it sound as if I were purposely trying to ruin yours and other's experiences here. A friendly suggestion via a private message would have sufficed perfectly well in an instance like this.

That being said, enjoy this forum without me, bye!

Blog Entries

I've been coming to this forum for twenty years now, and I've never had such a rude message directed at me. You make it sound as if I were purposely trying to ruin yours and other's experiences here. A friendly suggestion via a private message would have sufficed perfectly well in an instance like this.

Jim, I am sure you didn't intend to insult John with your opening statement. However, I agree with him. Your opening sentence comes across as rude. While I can understand your frustration at having to download numerous pictures, Bomber isn't the only one who has posted pictures in this thread. I counted 14 posts between yours and his last post with pictures. In-between his and your post was someone else who posted pictures. In this day and age of high-speed internet connection few consider that there are people who do not have the benefit of fiber optics. You, I am afraid, are a minority. While we can feel your pain, as a former USA president once said, the posting of pictures is an integral part of SOH threads.

This forum is well known for it congeniality and friendliness. As John stated, a private message would have been the better course of action.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

If this means that Bomber_12th/John is leaving this forum, then IMHO the moderators/admins of this site should intervene. It simply is inadmisible that a long standing member and important contributor to the communirty such as Bomber/John would leave this site because of another member who is (sadly) on a smallband connection.

Jeebus! All of us are suffering from the consequences of covid/confinement/economical crisis and what not. This place should be a place where all of us can forget about that!!
    I'll get off me soapbox now...

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Could not agree more. I appreciate Bomber's contributions to this forum and the tone of the message directed at him was completely uncalled for.

The main point really, is that Bomber's visual posts are entirely relevant to the subject, with extraordinary work done on realistic and authentic schemes for this model; indeed, they are/were a major reason to visit this thread in the first place. Reducing the forum to the minimal levels is not in keeping with its spirit or that of MSFS itself which by its nature requires high bandwidth connections to even be usable. It was a crass comment borne out of some frustration, but doesn't make sense given the interconnectivity required by MSFS.

Honestly, the Chrome plug-in that I suggested uptopic should make everyone happy. Anyone on limited bandwidth could turn off images for S-0.

And Bomber_12th, I hope you won't let one post from one guy make you leave after 20 years when the rest of us appreciate your work and your posts.

I for one enjoy logging on here and seeing bombers photo's, he always captures the atmosphere of a VFR flight and I've downloaded several addons as a result of his images.

Please don't leave, your screenshots will certainly be missed by me.

Neil

I honestly think an apology is in order here. It doesn't need to be public, but Ganter should apologize to Bomber.

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

This entire site is known for having a LOT of screenshots. With today's tech, you should not have these issues. In fact, if you're using Chrome, there's a built-in setting to either disallow all images and then add a whitelist of sites that can display them, or allow all images except for a blacklist of sites that can't. John shows off some of the best screenies on this site - not just this sim. If anyone is in violation here, it's the one making rude comments. I just hope I don't have to take further action that this post.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Noooo! come back John...your screen shots and repaints (not forgetting your Mustang) are some of the best on the net.
    Who is on dial up nowadays anyway? Not here in NZ.

Guys,

there's a reporting option at the bottom-left of every post. It's the triangle with the "!" in the middle. That creates a post in the admin section to that it can be reviewed. If all of us do this, we can rectify this.

Priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

I've already brought this one to the staff's attention.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I know (you told me), but if the members show their support for Bomber, that will help (him coming back)

Priller
    Last edited by Priller; July 30th, 2021 at 14:54. Reason: honesty
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Better for a few to reach out to John to express their wishes for him to stay. I've done that already.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

so have I.

And I really should go to sleep now...

priller
    MSI Z790 Motherboard

Unfortunately, I noticed this

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

That should be a simple edit of the tail wheel's contact point. The elevation in relation to the reference datum is the fourth parameter, and is a negative number. Raise that number (bring it closer to zero) in small increments until you get a look that you like.
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 3