Page 1 of 16 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Released! Spitfire Mk IXc for Microsoft Flight Simulator

Released! Spitfire Mk IXc for Microsoft Flight Simulator

Great Spitfire from XP11 goes to MSFS:
    https://flyingironsimulations.com/bl...rBFdL_cH460Od8

Mod edit: Link to purchase:
    https://flyingironsimulations.com/pr...ight-simulator
    THC

Last edited by Tom Clayton; June 6th, 2021 at 19:16. Reason: Added purchase link to OP
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

excellent news!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Great news!!!

On the video: take-off with flaps down...

Marcel

Quote Originally Posted by mgr View Post
    Great news!!!

Marcel
    Ha, I don't like that 5J-K paintscheme either, but we'll do something about that...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by mgr View Post
    Great news!!!

Marcel
    Hehehehe, right!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Now that's a pretty bird and a major incentive for me to go with MSFS!
    Shame it's another MK.IXC just the same.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Only, and I mean only if it has the distinctive Spits soundset tuned for fs2020. Tired of these warbirds sounding like old trucks in FSX.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Only, and I mean only if it has the distinctive Spits soundset tuned for fs2020. Tired of these warbirds sounding like old trucks in FSX.
    I have A.F.Scrubs converted FS9/FSX Spit in my P3Dv4.5 and the sound is fantastic! Turn your audio equipment to full and your neighbours will call the police because they are persuaded that a warbird is terrorising the township!

BTW: Another Spit, okay - but it's a little bit boring to me and I would appreciate more british cold war warbirds in MSFS, with military AI as well. Then I could imagine that I change to MSFS some time...
    Best regards, Manfred.

Love the idea of having a good Spitfire! But there are sooo many awesome warbirds, and I think this is the fourth Spitfire I've seen mentioned? Flying Iron, Aeroplane Heaven, and DC Designs on the payware front plus Rob Richardson's awesome late-model freeware.

At least everyone is doing different mark, so there's no actual duplication:
    Aeroplane Heaven: early Mk. 1A
    Flying Iron: Mk. IXc
    DC Designs: Mk. 9/14
    Rob Richardson: Seafire Mk. 47

Plus DC Designs has it way down their their prio list, so by the time Dean gets to it the SDK will be so much more mature that it'll possibly be differentiated that way.

Hopefully we'll see a Hurricane, Sea Fury, Tempest, Typhoon, etc. down the road too...

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Love the idea of having a good Spitfire! But there are sooo many awesome warbirds, and I think this is the fourth Spitfire I've seen mentioned? Flying Iron, Aeroplane Heaven, and DC Designs on the payware front plus Rob Richardson's awesome late-model freeware. At least everyone is doing different mark, so there's no actual duplication: Aeroplane Heaven: early Mk. 1A Flying Iron: Mk. IXc DC Designs: Mk. 9/14 Rob Richardson: Seafire Mk. 47 Plus DC Designs has it way down their their prio list, so by the time Dean gets to it the SDK will be so much more mature that it'll possibly be differentiated that way. Hopefully we'll see a Hurricane, Sea Fury, Tempest, Typhoon, etc. down the road too...
    All of those Spitfires and not a single CW Mk.V! Don't they know which one is the best? Would love a PR.9 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post

Hopefully we'll see a Hurricane, Sea Fury, Tempest, Typhoon, etc. down the road too...
    The sudden proliferation of Spitfires means that I may change tack for future releases. My P-47 Thunderbolt is well advanced in development now, but I may switch the Spitfires for a Hurricane instead or something, jsut to maintain variety in launches and not have a situation where I'm releasing the same things as others.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

About the video, found that engine roar, very musical. Why not the real thing? Would rather prefer and will buy something different, not more Spits. How about a Martin-Baker MB5?

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    All of those Spitfires and not a single CW Mk.V! Don't they know which one is the best? Would love a PR.9 as well.
    We have commented before that if the Mk1A does well enough we will be producing the MkV. Also, we have commented on our FB that the Hurricane is coming to MSFS.

I like the early Spitfire marks too - but when it all comes down to brass tacks, I like the Hawker Typhoon and Tempest just a bit more.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    About the video, found that engine roar, very musical. Why not the real thing? Would rather prefer and will buy something different, not more Spits. How about a Martin-Baker MB5?
    I'm afraid the same basic rules apply to MSFS as they always did with FSX and P3D. For commercial viability one needs to go with the well-known, traditional subjects. More obscure subjects like the MB usually remain with the freeware devs. We do have one or two surprises coming however.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    The sudden proliferation of Spitfires means that I may change tack for future releases. My P-47 Thunderbolt is well advanced in development now, but I may switch the Spitfires for a Hurricane instead or something, jsut to maintain variety in launches and not have a situation where I'm releasing the same things as others.
    A Hurricane is always welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Hello dvj,
    you should give a try to the Merlin 66 soundset by Chris Bartlett available at Simviation:
    https://simviation.com/1/browse-Flig...r+Sounds-112-6
    Cheers,

Stéph.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    I'm afraid the same basic rules apply to MSFS as they always did with FSX and P3D. For commercial viability one needs to go with the well-known, traditional subjects. More obscure subjects like the MB usually remain with the freeware devs. We do have one or two surprises coming however.
    ok Bazzar, I respect your opinion as a developer. Allow me to express mine. For years now, since the beginning of Flight Simulators (the ones from Microsoft and P3D) I'm a client for many developers. And to be honest, quite tired of buying always the some models, of course with quality improvements. Think I´m the average simmer, not caring to much about systems modelling, just take-off, test the airplane, look at the views and the plane, going from here to there, land, medium or realistic flight model depending on the machine. Love that.
    So I bought a lot of planes during all this years. A few civilian twin engines, lots of Spits, P-51s, Cessnas, C-45 Dc-3 you name it. Some of them your make.
    Got P3D v5 installed with a lot of stuff from ORBX and I mean a lot. Its a good sim. With a lot of very very good aircraft installed. Great amount of money spent. Since I own MSFS 2020 rarely used.
    To conclude...if I want to fly one of the planes I own in P3D, and they are excellent, I will fly them in P3D. They are paid for, twice, from FSX to P3Dv5, will not pay 30-40-50€ again for the same plane even if its better and sure they will. The one in P3d will do the job. You say "For commercial viability one needs to go with the well-known, traditional subjects". Market it is.And you now better...Wonder if a good Lag-7, KI.84 Hayate, Oscar, KI.100, Fw-190 and the Dora, Me-262, Dewoitine D.520 and a lot of others not so well-know, but important in aviation history and the military will not sell. Personally, not going to add another plane that I already own and use in P3Dv5. Regarding MSFS, for my type of flying, sightseeing, stock planes are enough and, btw, bought the Mb339 and WIMF5 reasonable priced excellent models. Now will wait for something really new. Not the ones I see in line.
    Best regards, stay safe

Beaufighter makes some very good points. As flight simulation has evolved it was inevitable that there would be duplication of models and aircraft. I have serveral versions of the same aircraft. Each has it own attributes. For me I guess I am looking for new inovations which come with advances in technology. This is probably why I purchased MSFS 2020. These are exciting times with our hobby approaching reality. I look forward to all the aircraft Baz will bring to use. Also a recent favorite is Dean's beautiful F-15 package. Great times in flight simming are to come.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

I understand all the arguments but the fact remains that the volume market for developers lies with the middle-road subject choices. We are all aviation enthusiasts, otherwise we probably wouldn't be in this hobby but when it comes to business, the head has to rule. There are many, many types I would love to produce for MSFS or P3D but common sense says no. You may not remember but we did produce a Lavochkin a while back. In fact it was one of the first products with a clickable cockpit (wow!) and full detail in the VC. I'd like to say it sold well but our Spitfire of the time outsold it 10 to 1. The one "different"product that has performed remarkably well for us over the years has been the Grumman F3F which we are considering for the new sim because we have been asked for it many times now.

Another point which must be taken into consideration when selecting a subject is the sheer time it takes to develop for the new sim. Without doubt, it is the most complex, time-consuming process we have yet to experience. Careful selection of subject for commercial must therefore be of paramount importance.

I applaud those devs that have the courage to do something a little different - I just wish I could believe that they get the investment back.

I think we can count on the small shops or individuals to be the only avenue for non-mainstream aircraft.
    Alabeo was probably the last large-ish professional shop to take on this segment - and the works they made Staggerwing, GeeBee Z, and the like from the Golden Era probably made some money.
    Aerosoft's Hughes H1 kit was another that maybe struck a chord.

But for mass appeal and best opportunity for a decent ROI the bigger outfits have to build the established favorites.
    All that the previous list of flight sims does is reinforce the truth of the formula - tells us in hard terms that this is the case.

I'll take a hard look at whatever the best shops put out there. But my money will go faster to those who build new, less common types.
    we might not ever see Matty Laird's race planes, or a Lockheed Sirius or Orion. Probably never see a Hall's Bulldog, Wedell Williams 44, or Curtiss Sparrowhawk built out by a Carenado, Aeroplane Heaven or the like..
    But if we did I would buy it in a heartbeat.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    I'll take a hard look at whatever the best shops put out there. But my money will go faster to those who build new, less common types.
    we might not ever see Matty Laird's race planes, or a Lockheed Sirius or Orion. Probably never see a Hall's Bulldog, Wedell Williams 44, or Curtiss Sparrowhawk built out by a Carenado, Aeroplane Heaven or the like..
    But if we did I would buy it in a heartbeat.
    If only it were true....

Cool

Back on topic, BETA testing... looovvvveeeee IT! :-)

Marcel

That looks very nice indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    I understand all the arguments but the fact remains that the volume market for developers lies with the middle-road subject choices. We are all aviation enthusiasts, otherwise we probably wouldn't be in this hobby but when it comes to business, the head has to rule. There are many, many types I would love to produce for MSFS or P3D but common sense says no. You may not remember but we did produce a Lavochkin a while back. In fact it was one of the first products with a clickable cockpit (wow!) and full detail in the VC. I'd like to say it sold well but our Spitfire of the time outsold it 10 to 1. The one "different"product that has performed remarkably well for us over the years has been the Grumman F3F which we are considering for the new sim because we have been asked for it many times now.

Another point which must be taken into consideration when selecting a subject is the sheer time it takes to develop for the new sim. Without doubt, it is the most complex, time-consuming process we have yet to experience. Careful selection of subject for commercial must therefore be of paramount importance.

I applaud those devs that have the courage to do something a little different - I just wish I could believe that they get the investment back.
    Takes me back to the halcyon days in IPMS when every time a new manufacturer arrived they always produced a Spitfire, Messerschmitt, Mustang and a Zero.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members who have read this thread: 1