JU-52 by Oliver Fischer

Thread: JU-52 by Oliver Fischer

JU-52 by Oliver Fischer

Huub mentioned (and also showed) a very nice re-paint of Version 2 of Oliver Fischer's very nice Ju-52. I have gone through all the WWII skins in the library without success. Anyone point me in the right direction, it really looked tasty and, as normal with Huub - very professional.
    Mal

Which one do you mean Mal?

The Eurasia repaint and the Flei-verkehr repaint are in the library. The factory fresh one and "Horst Wessel" aren't there yet.

The Eurasie repaint : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ischer-s-model

The Flei-verkehr repaint : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=198&id=24844 (direct download link)

Cheers,
    Huub

Junkers Ju52 Factory fresh

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Civilian Props

Description: This is a repaint for the excellent Junkers Ju-52 V.2 by Oliver Fischer, which can be found at flightsim.com (JUNKR522.zip). This repaint depicts a factory fresh Junkers Ju52. This repaints is loosely based on the beautiful restored Junkers Ju52 of the Royal Military Museum in Brussels Belgium.

Although the textures are done for FS9 they will most probably also work on the FSX native version by "InDeep****", which is available in the Sim-Outhouse library ( http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...SX-P3D-native) )

Enjoy,
    Huub Vink
    February 2021

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Junkers Ju52 Factory fresh
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Junker Ju52 Horst Wessel

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military skins - World War II

Description: This is a repaint for the excellent Junkers Ju-52 V.2 by Oliver Fischer, which can be found at flightsim.com (JUNKR522.zip). This repaint depicts the aircraft D-AZIS, named Horst Wessel and was the personal aircraft from Victor Lutze, who became the head of the Sturmabteiling (SA), after the night of the long knives. The unique brown colour was most likely based on the brown shirts worn by the members of the SA.

Although the textures are done for FS9 they will most probably also work on the FSX native version by "InDeep****", which is available in the Sim-Outhouse library ( http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...SX-P3D-native) )

Enjoy,
    Huub Vink
    February 2021

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Junker Ju52 Horst Wessel
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Mal,

The brown D-AZIS "Horst Wessel" and the factory fresh Junkers Ju 52/3mge W Nr 5670 6309 from the Brussels Museum are now both available in the library.

Enjoy,
    Huub

SOH-CM-2020
    Many thanks for the plain bare metal textures

It works well in FSX.SE.

Pete.

Tante ju-52

Lovely work Huub. Very many thanks. Your textures work so well with the corrugated skin of this classic and really impart a lot of character to the old lady.

Mal

JU-52 by Oliver Fischer

Good evening Huub,
    also from my side many thinks not to forget this good old aunt
    Yours
    Papi

Thanks guys, it is really nice to hear you are still flying this remarkable model and are enjoying the repaints.

Somebody asked me whether the Ju-52 is a real German Junkers or a CASA or Amiot (Toucan) license build aircraft. As I though perhaps more people were wondering, I will repeat my answer here:

The Ju-52 in the Royal Military Museum in Brussels is an original German Junkers, build for the Portuguese air force in 1937 where it originally carried the registration 109. The construction number is W Nr 5670 6309. It remained in use at various locations and carrying different registration numbers until 1961. After it operational life it was stored at Alverca Portugal together with other Ju-52s. Somewhere during its life it received the wings from an Norwegian Ju-52.
    In 1985 it was acquired by by Sabena Old Timers with the intention to restore it into flying conditions, however the lack of suitable engines and funds delayed the project. When it became clear that the aircraft would need complete new wings the project went into another direction. With the cooperation of the Royal Belgian Air Force the aircraft was restored into static condition for the Brussels museum. Where it arrived in 2001. The aircraft is painted in the colour of a Ju-52 as leaving the production plan in the years thirties.

Whenever you are in Brussels, make sure to visit the museum. The Ju-52 is in absolutely perfect state and next to this aircraft the museum has an extremely interesting collection.

This collection includes several WWI aircraft, some even originals, original Zeppelin parts, a large collection of WWII aircraft, cold war jets and even a M-24W Hind helicopter and a Caravelle airliner. Even when you don't like aircraft the hall in which they are displayed is worth the visit.

Cheers,
    Huub

I went to Brussels about 10 years ago, and spent a wonderful Sunday morning there, wandering around the galleries with my camera, i think they were about to start a refurbishment project on the whole museum, mainly the glass and roof structure rather than the aircraft, defiantly one to go back too.

The last time I was there the roof structure was still in a very bad state. Only in 2016 the Belgian ministry approved budget required for the repairs of the roofs. Work only started in October 2018 and are expected to last for at least 4 years. The roof of the aviation hall is expected to be performed during in 2022 and 2023 in the fourth and final phase.

A real pity as the paint is coming off the steel roof structure and covers all the aircraft under it.

Cheers,
    Huub

Thanks for the info Huub, i shall go back in 2024 , meanwhile, im off to fly the 52.

Members who have read this thread: 2