Milton Shupe F7F Tigercat Re-Mastered by Gordon Madison
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milton Shupe F7F Tigercat Re-Mastered by Gordon Madison

Blog Entries

Milton Shupe F7F Tigercat Re-Mastered by Gordon Madison

Update:

I have now fully recovered/rebuilt/re-mastered all of my aircraft that I lost in my data crash. Milton's Tigercat, which was never published, was the last one to finish before I begin releasing all of my work, including the models I have upgraded at the request of Manfred Jahn. It has been a long and painstaking process, but worth it in the end as all of the models are now actually much better than the originals that were lost.

Now I am ready to begin uploading the open betas over the course of the next few days...baring internet outages due to weather or other nefarious reasons.

A teaser for your enjoyment. This is a short night color study featuring the Milton Shupe Grumman F7F Tigercat which I have now completed and will release for FSX, P3Dv3, V4 and for Prepar3Dv5. This is the full four channel PBR model in V5, but the others are more or less identical. Please excuse the tragic YT compression that pretty much ruins night video rendering, leaving blocky artifacts over what is actually a very lovely video, so please don't frag me over the questionable quality. Full video coming on the heels of this one.

Enjoy and comments welcome.

Last edited by gman5250; January 30th, 2021 at 19:52.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Awesome to hear all is well! GBY

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Awesome news! I had no idea you were at the point of recovering all the lost data. Congratulations for that, and I think we'll all be waiting anxiously to see the upcoming releases!
    America never stopped being great.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nagpaw View Post
    Awesome news! I had no idea you were at the point of recovering all the lost data. Congratulations for that, and I think we'll all be waiting anxiously to see the upcoming releases!
    Thank you for the congrats and for being patient waiting for the aircraft. I focused on the aircraft because it has always been my intention to honor the original authors who granted me the permissions. Reviving the lost sceneries will be an enormous undertaking, but will be put on the burner once the aircraft are certified airworthy and available for everyone. The good news is that the scenery you see in the video, Reno Tahoe International, is one of a few that I have been able to partially resurrect from the "pile" of retrieved data.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

So glad you were able to retrieve data from that mess. Thanks for all your hard work. Looking forward to the plane.
    Sue

Gman....good to hear you've recovered and are back at it....

On a side note...December 4 was a 'bad day' for me. Only saving grace was my back-up plans were working just fine....lost about 6 hours of email [probably were a few....dunno]...
    ...but...cost me about 2 grand..... primarily lost my CPU and GPU .... theory is a spike.... through my sound system [was the only thing not going through a UPS]...

Amazing! Top Notch work as always.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Anything on the birdcage pusher? Since I'm on MSFS I will miss this outstanding remasters.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

That's amazing and awesome that you were able to recover so much from that terrible wipe. Congratulations Gordon. Your persistence is inspiring! Looking forward to seeing the Tigercat.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Awesome to hear all is well! GBY
    Did you give up on your Howard in Metal with rivets project for P3D? I knew you were an all out MSFS devotee.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ward-in-Metal!

Glad to hear that the other projects are coming along as well. Was wondering if you fell off the planet...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Anything on the birdcage pusher? Since I'm on MSFS I will miss this outstanding remasters.
    That one is recovered and flyable up to V5 and ready for MSFS2020 conversion as well. She is in the queue, but some work still to do.
    Thomas Jefferson

Congrats! I have followed this with great interest and I admire your persistence. I for one would never have recovered from something like this. Good on you!!
    Matt

Thanks so much for your hard work, looking forward to this one big time in FSX, any hope one day you can get her into MSFS2020 ?

Glad to hear you’ve been able to recover much of your work. There has to be a certain peace of mind associated with it. My daddy used to say that he’d rather put a match to a ten dollar bill than to loose it and not be able to find it!

Thanks for sharing all that work.

Steve
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Kudos Gordon, I admire your persistence, this has been much anticipated by me for one!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Blog Entries
    Duckie Quote: "My daddy used to say that he’d rather put a match to a ten dollar bill than to loose it and not be able to find it!"

Thomas Jefferson

Cracking job Gordon! She's a beauty!
    Do you plan to update the fat-bellied tanker too, or is it out of scope?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekelekou View Post
    Cracking job Gordon! She's a beauty!
    Do you plan to update the fat-bellied tanker too, or is it out of scope?
    She is on the short list...will be coming along once I get the first group out the door.
    Last edited by gman5250; January 31st, 2021 at 16:37.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post

I have now fully recovered/rebuilt/re-mastered all of my aircraft that I lost in my data crash.

"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.”
    -- Gilda Radner

"It's like my father always said to me, he said to me, he said, Roseanna Roseanadana, it's always something. If it isn't one thing--it's another! It's always something.”
    -- Gilda Radner

Hope all is well now.

Butch

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    She is on the short list...will be coming along once I get the first group out the door.
    Hurrray! Thank you Gordon!

Blog Entries
    This model renders so beautifully in PBR, it deserves to be portrayed in all its glory. I opened a Vimeo account which accommodates HD video without compression. This is the video I intended, without compression.

Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Vimeo video link
    https://vimeo.com/user23729695

Thomas Jefferson

SOH-CM-2020
    WOW

That is truly amazing.

Pete.

I clicked on the link and I got a blank page

Worked OK for me, Butch!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 4.28.20 AM.jpg 
Views:	1436 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	81286
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Members who have read this thread: 3