Ankor's shader problem

Thread: Ankor's shader problem

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries

Ankor's shader problem

Just got my rig up and going (used) and had windows10 home installed. Installed all my saved CFS3 installs(9) except PTO-RS and all work fine and do not have the shader package installed. Installed Patt's BoB and the update and it worked fine. So i then installed Ankor's shader package and i now get a CDT during start up.At first it will give me a config out of date message. Then i go in and change everything according to directions. That is when the sim just quits during start up. Run a i7-6700 ,GTX750ti.-2gb (version 456.71), DX9c installed. Maybe i'll try a older version. Any ideas ? New to Win10...

I have had this issue. Sometimes you have to run the config utility multiple times and eventually it ends up working. No idea why it does this, but every time it has eventually worked.

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    Just got my rig up and going (used) and had windows10 home installed. Installed all my saved CFS3 installs(9) except PTO-RS and all work fine and do not have the shader package installed. Installed Patt's BoB and the update and it worked fine. So i then installed Ankor's shader package and i now get a CDT during start up.At first it will give me a config out of date message. Then i go in and change everything according to directions. That is when the sim just quits during start up. Run a i7-6700 ,GTX750ti.-2gb (version 456.71), DX9c installed. Maybe i'll try a older version. Any ideas ? New to Win10...
    Hi Sixstrings I had the exact same problem after Ankors Shaders install. No solution yet but will let you know if I have any joy.

Does it create a d3d8.log file?
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Blog Entries
    Here is what i found. 0.00: Start - DLL Version Nov 23 2019
    0.25: D3DWrapper::GetAdapterDisplayMode - 1920, 1080, 60, 22
    0.30: D3DWrapper::GetAdapterDisplayMode - 1920, 1080, 60, 22
    0.30: D3DWrapper::CreateDevice - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (Driver Version: 27.21.14.5671)
    0.30: D3DWrapper::CreateDevice - Hardware Vertex Processing
    0.30: D3DWrapper::CreateDevice - Adapter: 0, Type: 1, Flags: 0x43
    0.30: D3DWrapper::CreateDevice - Windowed: 0, Width: -65276, Height: 1199562752, Refresh: 0, Format: 8497732, Multisampling: 0
    0.30: D3DWrapper::CreateDevice - AutoDepthStencil: 1 Format: 75
    0.30: D3DWrapper::CreateDevice - SwapEffect: 1, PresentationInterval: 0, BackBufferCount: 1
    0.30: D3DWrapper::CreateDevice - D3D9Ex is disabled.
    0.30: D3DWrapper::CreateDevice - CreateDevice call - FAILED. HR = 0x8876086C
    0.41: DllMain - Exit.
    Hope this helps.

Blog Entries
    After running and setting config after first error message it now CTD at startup with no error message.Check my config again and nothing has changed. Try running CFS3 again and still get CTD with no error message now. Tried many times with no avail.

This looks very similar to a problem I had.

Take a look at this thread http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...s-will-not-run

Blog Entries
    Thanks mcbob , looked at that but to no avail.

Do you have DirectX Runtime June 2010 installed? I thought it was uploaded here, but I can't find it now or I would have linked the download. It is required for the shaders to work. Also, see Ankor's post #14 in this thread, which you may find helpful: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ghlight=redist

Blog Entries
    Does Ankor mean that the CFS3 installs also can't be in the Program Files (x86) ? This is were my installs are. They have no problem functioning yet... except config changes i didn't make (not frequent ). Think i fixed that problem though. Have DX9c installed also. Maybe i'll try a older version of Ankor's shaders and see if that works. Thanks Gecko for the info. At a loss.

You should be fine installing to that folder. That's where mine is and it runs fine.

Have you specifically installed that June 2010 redistributable? Just having DX9c you will still be missing some required files.

Blog Entries
    Hello gecko. No i don't have it. How do i get it ? Have no idea what to ask for or where to look. Does anyone know ? Thanks for any help. Regards, Scott

Seems like it is no longer on the microsoft site, but here is a download from a different site: https://www.techspot.com/drivers/dri...ownload_scroll

Probably good to scan it for viruses just in case.

Blog Entries
    Thanks gecko for the info and link. I installed it and then re-installed the latest package of shaders and still the same problems. Installed Ankor's 2017 release and now i'm up and running. Guess i'll have to stick with the older release for now. Really looks nice. Love the head shake ... reminds me of IL-2 '46. Awesome work !!! Regards,Scott *update* got Ankor's shader 2018 package to work also but a no go on the latest version...
    Last edited by sixstrings5859; February 1st, 2021 at 12:44.

Code:
    D3DWrapper::CreateDevice - Windowed: 0, Width: -65276, Height: 1199562752, Refresh: 0, Format: 8497732, Multisampling: 0
    Note how Width and Height values don't look like a valid screen resolution
    This sometimes happens when you have "Use default resolution" selected in cfs3config. Use File -> Change Display Options and select appropriate value there. Most often it is 1920 x 1080 x 32, but may be lower/higher depending on your monitor.

Blog Entries
    Thank you Sir. I will try that . It is something i haven't tried. Thanks again. Regards,Scott

Blog Entries
    Thanks AnKor !!! That did the trick. Forgot you can preset resolution with the config .exe . Now i'm cooking with gas ! Excited ! Wonderful ! Regards,Scott

Another good tip to keep in the back of my head. Thanks Andrey! (and good to see you around!)

Glad you're up and running Scott!
    Last edited by gecko; February 8th, 2021 at 10:10.

Members who have read this thread: 1