Testing DC-3 exteriors and flight model

Thread: Testing DC-3 exteriors and flight model

Testing DC-3 exteriors and flight model

Testing is under way for the exterior model and flight dynamics on the upcoming DC-3 release. A few in-sim shots.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DC3E.jpg   DC3K.jpg   DC3i.jpg   DC3D.jpg   DC3C.jpg   DC3B.jpg  

DC3A.jpg  

A couple more from first flight.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DC3J.jpg   DC3F.jpg   DC3H.jpg   DC3G.jpg  

Damn that looks good!
    Live to fly, fly to live. Do or die, ACES HIGH!

CPL(A), Single Pilot Multi-Engine Instrument Rating, tail-wheel, aerobatic, formation
    Category A Flight Instructor with night, aerobatics, spinning, terrain awareness and basic mountain flying endorsements
    General Aviation Flight Examiner
    Chief Flying Instructor for Auckland Aero Club

wow, very nice!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

i'll be a customer for that .

Looking exceptional, Baz!

Looking great in MSFS!
    Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Great, now show pics of the model. Yeah, it looks that good.

Oh, this is going to get so much flight time from me.

Oh, that is a thing of beauty!

Your Dak, an Anushka and a Twin Otter, and my MSFS hangar will be pretty well complete.

Standing by.... eagerly... but patiently...!
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Can't wait to buy and fly her!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

very nice, great to see a real classic in its way

- dcc
    - -

i am beyond ready
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

I’m continually amazed how this sim renders the models. The degree to which they look real is mind blowing IMO. This DC-3 looks absolutely amazing- an immediate buy for me.

Thanks all for the comments, much appreciated. It takes a bit more than just the sim engine to get things looking right. The learning curve for models, materials and textures is steep and full of boulders. Once in a while, in fact at nearly every "upgrade" a boulder will break loose and come tumbling down toward you at speed...

Shots of the VC soon...

should look a peach with all that natural metal gleaming away in MSFS...
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

You must be a happy man, Barry !

Fantastic work on our beloved Dakota. A great tribute to one of the most iconic aeroplanes in the world. It looks absolutely mindblowing ! And in my fav livery (apart from KLM ;-) and all.
    If this ain't Aeroplane Heaven i don't know what is !

Cheers,
    Jan

Thanks Jan, she's just a little dear to our hearts too. I took my first commercial flight in a BEA DC-3 back 1966. I have never forgotten it. I'd do it again tomorrow. (If we could...)

Yes ! It looks really nice

Looking soo nice.

My wallet is screaming "take it, take it".
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Members who have read this thread: 0