Bjoerns' Freeware Weather Radar Guage

Thread: Bjoerns' Freeware Weather Radar Guage

Bjoerns' Freeware Weather Radar Guage

I came across a weather radar guage created by Bjoern on his website ( FSX Addons by BK - VSWXR (google.com) )while picking up some mods for the Ruth B727. A surprisingly simple approach that works - well pretty damn good and works flawlessly in P3DV5 with True Sky and EA. It may not produce all the different colours that some of the earlier FSX weather radars did but it does paint the weather based on the temps and pressures derived from real time weather.

This is a screenshot of the radar installed into the KBT L-188 cockpit. Installation is straightforward and you get a working weather radar without any fancy controls. This was using FSXWX for the real time weather with P3DV5's True Sky and EA - night so the screenshot does not show the clouds well but you can see the paint.

Nice to see it works in v5 as well.
    A bonus of it being written in xml -- works in both 32-bit and 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    I came across a weather radar guage created by Bjoern on his website ( FSX Addons by BK - VSWXR (google.com) )while picking up some mods for the Ruth B727. A surprisingly simple approach that works - well pretty damn good and works flawlessly in P3DV5 with True Sky and EA. It may not produce all the different colours that some of the earlier FSX weather radars did but it does paint the weather based on the temps and pressures derived from real time weather.

This is a screenshot of the radar installed into the KBT L-188 cockpit. Installation is straightforward and you get a working weather radar without any fancy controls. This was using FSXWX for the real time weather with P3DV5's True Sky and EA - night so the screenshot does not show the clouds well but you can see the paint.
    What values did you use for the L-188?

XPOS = X-position (horizontal) of the gauge on the panel bitmap (in pixels)
    YPOS = Y-position (vertical) of the gauge on the panel bitmap (in pixels)
    XSIZE = Width of the gauge (in pixels)
    YSIZE = Height of the gauge (in pixels)

Grey Eagle - I replaced the GPS guage on the VC01 panel config entry with this gauge as per Bjoerns install notes. Used the same position coordinates that the GPS for the placement and the size as well, all you need to change is the gauges or go // to keep the old entry and create a new one based on that. I currently have no PC due to the power supply failing otherwise I would copy you the relevant panel entry, sorry no sim for me for a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Nice to see it works in v5 as well.
    A bonus of it being written in xml -- works in both 32-bit and 64-bit
    I agree - it is actually very good - not perfect but more than does the job, I think of it as an old monochrome radar which it would have been anyway - colour radars did not come in until well into the late 1960's or 70's. Very clever bit of work by Bjoern. Might not have gain or tilt control but its fine by me.

Members who have read this thread: 0