Gulfstream V FSX - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gulfstream V FSX

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Yes, I got all very misplaced ligths at least using Seahawks's cfg. entries above and using the KAI G650 model you see in my screenies.

The default lights for the KAI G650 are only these (the bottom beacon (disregard that the effect used is "beaconh" - there is only one beacon on the underside) has a very different location than Seahawk's).
    [lights]
    //Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
    //def
    //light.0 = 3, -47.3, 0, 15.95, fx_navwhih
    //light.1 = 1, -2.5, 0, -4, fx_beaconh

I have to apologize to all as I highjacked this thread that was started by another member using a different Gulfstream V/550 model. Sorry for any confusion or poor etiquette on my part!
    No need to apologize.
    I was under the impression we switched to the KAI G650 model, which is what I am using. It has a very nice selection of repaints available.
    I am using KCAI Gulfstream g650.mdl dated 6/19/2020
    The light1 beacon is for the bottom of the aircraft and from what I can tell looking at the texture its back between the landing gear which fits
    a Gulfstream light drawing I saw.

light.0 = 1, -37.50, -0.00, -3.50, Fx_shockwave_beaconb //Bottom Fuselage - red
    See picture.
    You can see the -2.5 value would place it up near the nose gear.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails beacon.jpg   beacon2.jpg  

Attached effects

I'm attaching all the light effects to the model using ModelConverterx.
    All controlled with a pop-up panel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lights4.jpg  

Looking good!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

That VC is for a freeware 787 you can find over at Rikoooooooooo.
    I'm missing something. I adjusted the eyepoint but looking forward I don't see the front of the vc or instruments.

[Views]

eyepoint=64.70, -1.78, 1.97 //788
    //eyepoint = 38.385, -1.435, 4.012 //CRJ
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

[Views]

eyepoint=64.70, -1.78, 1.97 //788
    //eyepoint = 38.385, -1.435, 4.012 //CRJ
    I tried that value and it puts me forward of the VC by 20'.
    Its almost as though we have two different models.
    Can you send your panel & aircraft.cfg..?

I was able to get the CRJ vc working without any problems.

Is this the mdl file you are using..?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mdl.jpg  

Its almost as though we have two different models.
    Exactly what I am concluding! You have v1.0 of the Rikoo 787 vc and I know we are using the same exterior model.

My air.cfg has unfinished light changes - your lights were way behind the plane. I changed some (-) entries to + and they worked or were close. Have not got your ice lights positioned yet.

Air + panel configs in the zip.
    Attached Files Attached Files

My air.cfg has unfinished light changes - your lights were way behind the plane. I changed some (-) entries to + and they worked or were close.
    I think we have different exterior models, for my lights to be so far off..?

This will definitely become another great quality aircraft based on everyone's input here. I love the FS Spotlights VC lighting app and how it transforms a dark cockpit. Thanks @expat.

Hopefully there will be a summary list of all the successful mods and their sources posted at the end somewhere.

I did one for the Goose (BTW) here, if anyone interested : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...V1-2-Revisited
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Seahawk72s and I partnered some further tweaks off line but I am using P3Dv4 with PBR and he is in FSX so we are using different models.

I rolled my mods back so most if not all are here already posted. Am now just using the default lights coded into the model by Ken Carson who made the AI G650. In the VC, FS Spotlights transforms the appearance and immersion. Surprised you don't hear about it from others more as it's free and effective.

Problem however is that I keep getting frequent CTD's - alternating terrain.dlll and kernel.dll indicated and these are notoriously difficult to troubleshoot without removing all add ons one by one and/or changing all your graphics/display settings.

Deactivated some recently added airports and no CTD's - so far - in the region. The model really features what PBR textures can do.

FS Spotlights

For those who have not seen FS Spotlight effects. (Like me)
    Very nice PBR textures..!

https://www.flightsimlabs.com/index.php/spotlights-2/

For those who have not seen FS Spotlight effects. (Like me)
    Very nice PBR textures..!
    Yes, indeed Seahawk72s. Highly recommended it.

FYI - I have gone back to the CRJ VC you see on page 1 of this thread because the 787 VC kept giving me CTD's that I could not run down. Think it must be a memory leak, maybe to do with the terrain function in the GPS (have experienced similar events with that same gauge in the SkySpirit 777). I have jazzed up the CRJ VC further with FS Spotlights and will post a screenie of it later. PBR as indicated does great things both inside and out in P3D 64 bit (v4 and v 5). Enough to make any FSX holdouts do the upgrade? Don't say your rig isn't powerful enough - once in a blue moon when I need to load FSX the same PC is on its knees trying to run FSX but runs P3Dv4 nice and smooth.

Finishing a flight from KASE for a dusk landing into PHNY . .

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    . . . . .Hopefully there will be a summary list of all the successful mods and their sources posted at the end somewhere. . . .
    Yes please. Too many times threads like this one feature an awesome DIY conglomeration of models, tweaks, updates, more tweaks, changes etc., and then at the end several images of how it looks when finished but no one puts everything into a final package. It's too easy to miss a step or a special file that someone posted a link to somewhere in the 50 plus pages, lol.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Yes please. Too many times threads like this one feature an awesome DIY conglomeration of models, tweaks, updates, more tweaks, changes etc., and then at the end several images of how it looks when finished but no one puts everything into a final package. It's too easy to miss a step or a special file that someone posted a link to somewhere in the 50 plus pages, lol.
    Copy that, absolutely Ed, yes we've all been there before!

Have assembled it - best I can - in a separate post: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ream-G650-mods

Auto Flaps

With the AI model it has flaps that will deploy to about 10+ degrees on the ground till you reach over 2000' and then retract. The side effect is that the flap indicator and flap handle show no movement. This can be corrected with Modelconverterx making changes in the "hierarchy editor". Change flaps from custom to standard and no more auto deploy.

If you are using P3D beware this may effect PBR textures showing. I am using FSX and have no way of testing different Modelconverterx PBR settings..

Members who have read this thread: 6