Gulfstream V FSX - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gulfstream V FSX

SOH-CM-2020
    Expat , would you be so kind as to share the G650 you posted please?

Or give us the details ( & file names) so we can construct one with a VC thanks.

It looks amazing

Pete.

Get the exterior model via the indicated Alpha India link: https://fsai-repaints.com/?cat=265

The VC base is included in this CRJ download. I just modded gauges, lighting etc from there to suit my personal taste: https://www.rikoooo.com/downloads/viewdownload/16/876

What I now need to do is borrow or work up a more accurate air file and air.cfg to reflect accurate weight, fuel load and performance.

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Get the exterior model via the indicated Alpha India link: https://fsai-repaints.com/?cat=265

The VC base is included in this CRJ download. I just modded gauges, lighting etc from there to suit my personal taste: https://www.rikoooo.com/downloads/viewdownload/16/876

What I now need to do is borrow or work up a more accurate air file and air.cfg to reflect accurate weight, fuel load and performance.

Very nice expat!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

cfg and air file

The aircraft.cfg and the air file that are in my update are as accurate as it can get I am told by their creator within the retrictions of FSX and P3D. You can use them as long as this is ONLY shared here and ONLY freeware!

The aircraft.cfg and the air file that are in my update are as accurate as it can get I am told by their creator within the retrictions of FSX and P3D. You can use them as long as this is ONLY shared here and ONLY freeware!
    Understood & many thanks. I need to research the specs of the G V vs G650 to see if there is a meaningful difference.

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Some relevant and interesting info here:

https://www.avbuyer.com/articles/jet...0(1%2C812%20cu.

Understood & many thanks. I need to research the specs of the G V vs G650 to see if there is a meaningful difference.

Very nice repaint..! Can you share a link to where it lives..?

You can find it along with others here: https://oneclickhangar.com/forum/index.php?topic=2135.0

And just for fun keeping busy with biz jets, I found this payware AI Falcon 7x and 8x at Simmarket and spliced the exterior with the Carenado Falcon F50EX VC and air file/air.cfg. Testing going well back and forth from the US to the UK.

@tgycgijoes - thanks your C-37 air.cfg and air file also working well with the G650. I may experiment with modding her to the 650 specs and performance.

New lights

Adding win tip lights and ice lights bumps up the atmosphere.
    Custom switches were needed for the main panel. Ice light uses the recognition light code.
    Some fine tuning is needed for placement.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new lights.jpg   tail.jpg  

Thanks Go To

And just for fun keeping busy with biz jets, I found this payware AI Falcon 7x and 8x at Simmarket and spliced the exterior with the Carenado Falcon F50EX VC and air file/air.cfg. Testing going well back and forth from the US to the UK.

@tgycgijoes - thanks your C-37 air.cfg and air file also working well with the G650. I may experiment with modding her to the 650 specs and performance.

Thanks go to Doug who created and shared them with us.

Getting some good results using tgycgijoes's air file together with a modified air.cfg made up by Ken Carson who moddelled the AI G650 that has accurate G650 weight, fuel, engine specs - see attached zip file. Flew from NYC to Rio at 50,000 ft and M 8.5 with no anomolies found.

Now testing a different VC that has LCD displays more like the Gulfstreams than the CRJ VC.

Aircraft.zip

Getting some good results using tgycgijoes's air file together with a modified air.cfg made up by Ken Carson who moddelled the AI G650 that has accurate G650 weight, fuel, engine specs - see attached zip file. Flew from NYC to Rio at 50,000 ft and M 8.5 with no anomolies found.

Now testing a different VC that has LCD displays more like the Gulfstreams than the CRJ VC.

Aircraft.zip

That VC is looking very nice..! Could you share what model you are using please..?

That VC is for a freeware 787 you can find over at Rikoooooooooo.

That VC is for a freeware 787 you can find over at Rikoooooooooo.
    Thanks.
    I believe this is the 787 we are talking about.

https://www.rikoooo.com/downloads/viewdownload/55/945

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_2021-02-03 DOWNLOAD Boeing 787 Family + Virtual Cockpit FSX P3D - Rikoooo.jpg  

Correct. Currently downloading v1.0 as getting some hangs and CTDs (including with other models earlier) using a beta version.

My vc screenie features FS Spotlights that is a freeware app I can recommend. Transforms many poorly lit VC’s once you get the hang of using it. If requested I can post my profile for it here.

650 lights

I added lights that the 650 was missing. Aircraft model has NAV, wing tip strobes, nice taxi and landing lights.
    Added Beacons, Ice/Wing, tail nav, tail strobe, logo, cockpit and engine exhaust.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 650 lights.jpg   lights text.jpg  

I added lights that the 650 was missing.
    Thanks - would like to try these out but cannot copy/paste from a screenie. Could you please paste your light entries directly into a post so lazy people like me can easily copy them?

ALSO: I find the nav lights that are coded into the model WAY too big and bright. In fact I find lights generally in P3D (FSX worse) way too big and bright. The exception being later POSKY/TDS models - Hiroshi got it bang on so these really are not all that visible in daytime.

Other than firing up Model Converter X (which I am hopeless at) is there anyway to dim and make smaller the nav lights? Pasting e.g. shockwave or other lights over them into the air.cfg won't really conceal or fix this I reckon.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    I added lights that the 650 was missing. Aircraft model has NAV, wing tip strobes, nice taxi and landing lights.
    Please advise which 650 model you are using, since these coordinates may only be accurately placed on that model . . .

I agree the NAV lights are too big, Shockwave entries would be a good fit.
    I'll give a try with Model Converter X, but am a complete beginner.

I've attached a text with the light entries.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I've attached a text with the light entries.
    Thank you! I find not even the shockwave nav lights small enough. Think the default "fx_navgres" and "fx_navreds" may be the smallest I can find but I coudl be wrong.

Thank you! I find not even the shockwave nav lights small enough. Think the default "fx_navgres" and "fx_navreds" may be the smallest I can find but I coudl be wrong.
    A mistake on my part. White NAV lights should be run off the NAV switch.
    Like this..

light.3 =3, -73.00, -0.10, 3.30, fx_shockwave_navwhi //tail NAV white_SHOCK
    light.4 =3, -81.00, -0.10, 16.30, fx_shockwave_navwhi //tail NAV white

Please advise which 650 model you are using, since these coordinates may only be accurately placed on that model . . .
    Yes, I got all very misplaced ligths at least using Seahawks's cfg. entries above and using the KAI G650 model you see in my screenies.

The default lights for the KAI G650 are only these (the bottom beacon (disregard that the effect used is "beaconh" - there is only one beacon on the underside) has a very different location than Seahawk's).
    [lights]
    //Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
    //def
    //light.0 = 3, -47.3, 0, 15.95, fx_navwhih
    //light.1 = 1, -2.5, 0, -4, fx_beaconh

I have to apologise to all as I highjacked this thread that was started by another member using a different Gulfstream V/550 model. Sorry for any confusion or poor etiquette on my part!

Members who have read this thread: 6