1U1_Moose Creek
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1U1_Moose Creek

1U1_Moose Creek

Every time I say I'm done and gonna go flying for a while I come across another video or land at another airport and think. . .yea, just this one, lol

Moose_Creek-001 by Ed Wells, on Flickr
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Every time I say I'm done and gonna go flying for a while I come across another video or land at another airport and think. . .yea, just this one, lol

Moose_Creek-001 by Ed Wells, on Flickr

Cees

What's The Sim?

What sim is your screenshot in and do you have ORBX loaded? The scenery is beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    What sim is your screenshot in and do you have ORBX loaded? The scenery is beautiful!
    I only have FSX/Accel and everything is Orbx.

Current System Specs:

Fsx(a)

Me too. I also own ORBX Global; Landclass and North America. I had trouble with elevations at airports when I had it installed and removed them from the sim. Then all the airports default and addon were normal again. Is there something I need to do when I get the runways in the valleys? I have Windows 7 64bit and 8GB Ram with a lesser video card. Since I only have a laptop to fly on any more there is no way to upgrade the video card. Maybe that is why yours looks better than mine with the better video card. I AM very pleased with the performance with full sliders in FSX with the new RAM I added.

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Me too. I also own ORBX Global; Landclass and North America. I had trouble with elevations at airports when I had it installed and removed them from the sim. Then all the airports default and addon were normal again. Is there something I need to do when I get the runways in the valleys? I have Windows 7 64bit and 8GB Ram with a lesser video card. Since I only have a laptop to fly on any more there is no way to upgrade the video card. Maybe that is why yours looks better than mine with the better video card. I AM very pleased with the performance with full sliders in FSX with the new RAM I added.
    The Global Vector product has the same effect on mine at times (elevation problems at some airports), however Global Vector also has a Configuration Tool that allows you fix many of those (Airport Elevation Corrections Tab). Certainly a better Graphics card could be part of the problem, also In-Sim settings could make a difference as well.

Current System Specs:

Some Moose Creek 1U1 screenshots

Here are a few screenshots from different view points.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Moose Creek 1.jpg   Moose Creek 2.jpg   Moose Creek 3.jpg   Moose Creek 4.jpg  

Ed's efforts to make his remote airports available to those of us with stock scenery have been very successful. The elevation problems are now gone on most of his mountain airstrips. I still have a few to try out.

Removing ORBX Global and landclass North America is a too radical measure. The altitude problem mostly lies in the given airport backgrounds (ABP). These are the green flat - often rectangular - areas where the airport is located in.
    The new created airfield is not compatible in altitude with the existing ABP.

The ABP data are in:
    \ Prepare 3D\Orbx\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VEXTOR_APT\scenery

For example:
    - ABP_U60.bgl
    - ABP_ID76.bgl
    - Etc

See what happens if you deactivate one of them.
    After deleting this file you have to create a new airport background for the newly ceated airport using ADE. That can solve a lot of these problems.

Dieter
    Greetings
    Dieter
    Win10 Pro 64 bit - RAM 16GB -1 SSD 1TB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 HD 1TB/Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,2 GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - MSFS

Quote Originally Posted by kdl View Post
    Removing ORBX Global and landclass North America is a too radical measure. The altitude problem mostly lies in the given airport backgrounds (ABP). These are the green flat - often rectangular - areas where the airport is located in.
    The new created airfield is not compatible in altitude with the existing ABP.

The ABP data are in:
    \ Prepare 3D\Orbx\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VEXTOR_APT\scenery

For example:
    - ABP_U60.bgl
    - ABP_ID76.bgl
    - Etc

See what happens if you deactivate one of them.
    After deleting this file you have to create a new airport background for the newly created airport using ADE. That can solve a lot of these problems.

Dieter
    You are partly correct. The cause of some of the elevation problem comes from Orbx (Global Vector). You can check the Airport Elevation Correction tab in the Configuration menu in Orbx Central. Another problem arises if someone is using the Free Airports package for North America as those also have their own flattens, buildings and misc objects that can interfere with my scenery. In that case those airports and their bgl's must be deleted (or at least moved to a misc folder for later use).

When I produce a scenery where a default airport exists I remove the existing airport backgrounds before I apply the satellite image. Of course that removes whatever flatten information was present with the AB, so I place a new "flatten poly" (not an airport background) to correct any chance of airplanes sinking into the ground when landing or taxiing. Your suggestion for folks to apply a new Airport Background (flatten) is incorrect and would only cause more problems as it would be essentially laying a "flatten over a flatten". Also, I don't believe I've told anyone that to correct an elevation problem they should remove "Global Basic and Global Vector" as my scenery work is built on those two products.

Elevations are a problem once you try to build an airport or landing strip in mountainous terrain where there was no default airport to begin with. Especially the ones I'm doing where you have a body of water close to the area you're working on. A single flatten for the airport (which sits above the river elevation) could cause the river area near the airport to rise as well even if it isn't part of the flatten, so I have to apply a flatten to the river to force it back down to a more normal level. There are probably programs (actually I know there are) that give you the ability to sculpt the terrain in the area you are working in, which would probably be the best way to build the airports in this region of the country, but I have tried those and they are not exactly user friendly, so I have stuck with flatten poly's to do what I can.

Current System Specs:

Thank you for your comments.
    Due to my English knowledge I could not describe the process exactly. I basically create my small changes the way you describe them.
    My comment on deleting VECTOR and openLC NA resulted from a misunderstanding.

Dieter
    Greetings
    Dieter
    Win10 Pro 64 bit - RAM 16GB -1 SSD 1TB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 HD 1TB/Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,2 GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - MSFS

Here is a free zoomable satellite photo guide to back-country airstrips: https://www.airfield.guide/filter_airports.asp It is amazing how closely Ed's Idaho airports replicate the real thing. Also want to mention that Flight Replicas Super Cub is on sale at 1/2 price right now at Just Flight. Its perfect getting into and out of Ed's rural airstrips.
    Last edited by downwind; January 25th, 2021 at 08:32.

Hi,

I feel a bit stupid, but I don't see Moose Creek on SOH Library.

As it been officially uploaded already ?

A fan of Falcon sceneries

Gérard

Not yet, I got sidetracked with a couple other projects. By this weekend though. Sorry 'bout that!

Current System Specs:

Did you hit a snag with uploading 1U1 or just get sidetracked?

Dave

Apologies, but I am trying to finish up an airplane release that Mario and I have been working on for some time now. When I get this project finished I will go back to Moose Creek. All I can tell you right now is that when it shows up in the Warbirds Library. . .it's available.

Current System Specs:

This final scenery will be uploaded in the next hour. I have other non-scenery projects I'm working on and so it's time for a breather from Back Country Airstrips.

Current System Specs:

I read and reread all the comments, I hope not talking nonsense but you can create a Flatenn in the SBuilderX , so it raises and lowers any terrain, even if it doesn't have an aerodrome
    English is not my native language, I ask your indulgence.
    Correct me, if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Donadon View Post
    I read and reread all the comments, I hope not talking nonsense but you can create a Flatenn in the SBuilderX , so it raises and lowers any terrain, even if it doesn't have an aerodrome
    That is correct, but since I'm already using ADE to build the airport rwy, etc. I just chose to do the flatten(s) in ADE rather than SBX.

Current System Specs:

I understand but on the SBX you have the option to make several heights in the same file, if you wish
    Correct me, if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Donadon View Post
    I understand but on the SBX you have the option to make several heights in the same file, if you wish
    Right, as does ADE. When you draw the flatten poly you can set it to allow adjustments to each node of the poly if necessary. I assume that's what you're referring to?

Current System Specs:

Bushawk XP /Prepar3D v4.5

Screenshot (7) by Richard Couture, on Flickr

that would be it, in short I just said nonsense, hshshshshs
    Correct me, if you will.

Ed,Another FINE airfield/ airstrip. Thank you so much for your mini Idaho Back county airstrip series. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by sidler View Post
    Bushawk XP /Prepar3D v4.5

Screenshot (7) by Richard Couture, on Flickr
    Great pic Sidler. I was just telling someone that I had the Bushawk as well and honestly liked the detailing and how it flew but with Trackir I had a choice of either adjusting the eyepoint so I could see over the cowling and not be able to see out the left window. . .or adjust it down to see out the window and have no fwd vision at all. Finally uninstalled it.

Current System Specs:

Members who have read this thread: 1