The Eagle is out - DC Designs F-15 C, D, E & I Eagle - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Eagle is out - DC Designs F-15 C, D, E & I Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    I flew both the "C" and "E" models. Still no ILS bars. The station identifier and DME but I get no steering bars in either the HSI/DHSI or the HUDs. The "E" model's HSI does have the arrow. I don't know if it points to the TACAN station, because I only loaded the "E" on final after seeing the "C" wasn't working.

The HSI in "C" has the CDI bar but no station pointing arrow. Both the T-38 and F-4, which I flew in RL, had them. I am assuming the F-15's HSI does too. I have been dialing in the VOR freqs. I didn't see a TACAN channel selector.

Question for everyone who has the aircraft. Do you have ILS bars? Or is just something with my setup?
    You're right on all counts. The features were all there in P3D and FSX, so something must have changed in MSFS to not recognise them currently - should be an easy fix once I figure out what Asobo changed, might be animation names or visibility conditions or something. Will include with the first update, thanks for the info!
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Video review

This may seem a bit harsh and may temper your expectations. I believe this product will grow into the middle ground between MSFS and DCS.
    With Dino's MB 339 its hard not to compare.

Glad to help. Having this beauty in MSFS has given me new interest in flying the sim. Very much appreciated.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    This may seem a bit harsh and may temper your expectations. I believe this product will grow into the middle ground between MSFS and DCS.

I for one, do not care about the visual detail in the stick. I agree it would be nicer if the sounds were dynamic, but still not a deal killer.

I found it interesting that he had the same squirrelly takeoff behavior just before rotation speed that I had. I wonder if it is a model or MSFS issue?

Besides the ILS issues. that Dean as agreed to fix, I do wish he make the MDFs a bit more functional. If the G-1000 can be coded, surly we can get basic screen changing and NAV functions? Who ever heard of the weapons load out screen sitting immovable on the primary MFD? At least move it to a side MFD and put the HSI in the middle.

As for the video, I found it to be one man's, mostly uninformed opinion.

I submit that the flight model is the most realistic part of the DC-F-15. On my system it is steady and trimable. I have not compared it climb and turn performance to the numbers. I have dog-fought the F-15 in real life. I can testify to its real life performance.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

thank you !!!!

can you do a Crusader please ?
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Yeah, this is the only negative review so far, and no surprise, it's by a DCS World fan followed by DCS World fans.

Some good points though that I took on board. I reached out to the guy, and when he heard about my target market and what I was actually doing ( building for entertainment not detail ) he said he's entirely seen the product in a new light and will be updating the video to reflect that.
    I wish I had enough time to finish writing everything I sta...https://www.facebook.com/DC-Designs-2156295428024778/

Glad to hear he will be updating the video. I had to turn it off after a bit with the negativity. Again great work Dean.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    I for one, do not care about the visual detail in the stick. I agree it would be nicer if the sounds were dynamic, but still not a deal killer.

I found it interesting that he had the same squirrelly takeoff behavior just before rotation speed that I had. I wonder if it is a model or MSFS issue?

Besides the ILS issues. that Dean as agreed to fix, I do wish he make the MDFs a bit more functional. If the G-1000 can be coded, surly we can get basic screen changing and NAV functions? Who ever heard of the weapons load out screen sitting immovable on the primary MFD? At least move it to a side MFD and put the HSI in the middle.

As for the video, I found it to be one man's, mostly uninformed opinion.

I submit that the flight model is the most realistic part of the DC-F-15. On my system it is steady and trimable. I have not compared it climb and turn performance to the numbers. I have dog-fought the F-15 in real life. I can testify to its real life performance.
    As someone who was a real-life pilot, I value your opinion over most others. The flight model was checked out in P3D by a serving F-15E WSO and given the thumbs-up. The MSFS model follows the same profile as closely as I could manage at this stage. The rudders are an MSFS thing - incredibly, they're either on or off, no ability to adjust control authority based on airflow! I'm hoping Asobo will fix that soon.

Functional MFDs are coming too - most of the cool stuff I had on them ( FLIR, Radar ) doesn't work in MSFS so there wasn't anything to fill the gaps, so to speak. Working on that at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Glad to hear he will be updating the video. I had to turn it off after a bit with the negativity. Again great work Dean.
    Thanks Yeah, a lot of DCS folks just can't understand the difference between a "flight" simulator and a "combat" simulator...

For those looking for an alternate video take, here's a more knowledgeable, better-informed, critical but balanced review by our own Firekitten, on her new, excellent AvAngel channel on YouTube.

Stay tuned for the metaphor shortly after 13:00.

"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

Exception

Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    Thanks Yeah, a lot of DCS folks just can't understand the difference between a "flight" simulator and a "combat" simulator...
    I have to take exception with your DCS comment.
    With DCS offering a level of accuracy and realism really not seen elsewhere, that folks are going to put your models up for comparison is a given. Why would detail, accuracy and realism not apply to both. I think DCS followers fully understand the differences between the platforms. A mature engine drives DCS giving a higher degree of functionality/realism. MSFS as the new kid on the block still has a way to go but as we have seen the modeling and accuracy is really quite good in its current state. That makes it a level playing field for comparison in those areas.

With your F-15 release, Hornet, Tomcat and Concorde waiting in the wings, you've chosen complex, highly visible, and desirable products with no immediate competition out there. You're setting a standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan_A View Post
    For those looking for an alternate video take, here's a more knowledgeable, better-informed, critical but balanced review by our own Firekitten, on her new, excellent AvAngel channel on YouTube.

Stay tuned for the metaphor shortly after 13:00.

Remove the knowledgeable and better informed from the definition. Doesn't even know the difference between a the Charlie and Delta variant. Yeah she is presenting a differing point of view but that doesn't mean she is better informed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by GO_Navy View Post
    Remove the knowledgeable and better informed from the definition. Doesn't even know the difference between a the Charlie and Delta variant. Yeah she is presenting a differing point of view but that doesn't mean she is better informed at all.
    Better informed in the sense that she understands and appreciates the developer’s goals and the way people are likely to use the product in the sim. So no, not removing anything. Have a pleasant evening.

-- Saint-Exupery

Agreed - no need to remove anything. I'm also one that couldn't spot the difference between the variants, but that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate the efforts of every single developer - especially one that's a eight year member of this board and in good standing. No one person is above anyone else here. Consider this a general statement of policy that personal insults will not be tolerated here.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Agreed - no need to remove anything. I'm also one that couldn't spot the difference between the variants, but that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate the efforts of every single developer - especially one that's a eight year member of this board and in good standing. No one person is above anyone else here. Consider this a general statement of policy that personal insults will not be tolerated here.
    Sorry but what did I miss..? Personal insults on whose part..? Two members expressed their opinion...no big deal.

Tom, I do not even know where you got the "no one person is above anyone else here." Additionally, I did not see any personal insults. Not sure what you are talking about. I guess forums is not a place to a have disagreement is what I am taking from your comment.

Easy there chaps, I liked the review and have taken away a couple of things from it for next week's update. Loved the fact that she can fly the aircraft properly and had obviously ( mostly ) read the manual.

Most things fixable that are mentioned, although just like FSX and P3D versions you need the battery off to see the ladders / chocks / guard etc. Doing so also removes the pilot from the cockpit for that properly shut-down look.

My DCS comment was based on experience I'm afraid - that's how many of them come across. If you're not building what they want, it's always somehow "wrong".

Maybe I just heard a tone that wasn't intended. If I did, I apologize. My aim is to keep this forum friendly and helpful - nothing more. I myself had to look up the fact that a D model Eagle has two seats vs. one for the C model. I used to be able to tell you the differences from memory, but I haven't kept up with things like that in a while. But let a HondaJet fly over and you won't be able to shut me up about the fact that they're manufactured about five miles from my apartment, sport a Garmin G3000 avionics package, and the engines are built about 30 miles away (depending on how you get there) at the Burlington airport. The point is that we all have something to contribute. If someone is incorrect about something, politely provide the correct information if it's needed, then move on.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Maybe I just heard a tone that wasn't intended.
    Indeed, a tone thing. I was thinking mainly of that bit of advice that's posted in the gray bar at the top of the forum list. i sometimes think it might be worth featuring that more prominently- since it's a big part of what makes this, in contrast to some other fora, such a pleasant community. And with that bit of mild advice, I'll step back from this debate. Back to our original programming, already in progress...

-- Saint-Exupery

Maybe I just heard a tone that wasn't intended. If I did, I apologize. My aim is to keep this forum friendly and helpful - nothing more. I myself had to look up the fact that a D model Eagle has two seats vs. one for the C model. I used to be able to tell you the differences from memory, but I haven't kept up with things like that in a while. But let a HondaJet fly over and you won't be able to shut me up about the fact that they're manufactured about five miles from my apartment, sport a Garmin G3000 avionics package, and the engines are built about 30 miles away (depending on how you get there) at the Burlington airport. The point is that we all have something to contribute. If someone is incorrect about something, politely provide the correct information if it's needed, then move on.

Tom,
    That's what I hate about messaging via forums, the tone can be mis-perceived. I apologize but don't mean to offend anyone around here. I am a stickler about the aviation community having been part of it for 14 years, and keep forgetting that simming is for the enjoyment of us all. Anywho, you have a good weekend.

Dean,
    Thanks for the hard work. Looking forward to your other project.

I have the P3D version. How do you get the discount? What am I missing? Any help is appreciated.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by DC1973 View Post
    Easy there chaps, I liked the review and have taken away a couple of things from it for next week's update. Loved the fact that she can fly the aircraft properly and had obviously ( mostly ) read the manual.

Most things fixable that are mentioned, although just like FSX and P3D versions you need the battery off to see the ladders / chocks / guard etc. Doing so also removes the pilot from the cockpit for that properly shut-down look.

My DCS comment was based on experience I'm afraid - that's how many of them come across. If you're not building what they want, it's always somehow "wrong".
    I could not help but notice in the video, a thin white outline around the aircraft against some of the ground textures/shadows. Seems to be more pronunced against a very light background. Do we know what is causing this? -d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by mikew View Post
    I have the P3D version. How do you get the discount? What am I missing? Any help is appreciated.

Mike

You should've gotten an email from Justflight with a discount code this last week. If you haven't, just email them, they would look up your info and send you the code.

Thanks GO... I did get and email, obviously missed it!

Mike

Members who have read this thread: 3