XA-38 Grizzly

Thread: XA-38 Grizzly

XA-38 Grizzly

Hello ladies and gents

Stupid question, but my brain is just not clicking. I have been reading about Milton's XA-38 FSX Native (loved to fly it in FS9) but for the life of me, I cannot find it anywhere, and the links here in SOH (from 2017) are dead.

Could someone point me in the right direction for a download, I'd really like to fly her again!

Thanks!
    Born to Fly

Check here:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links_search.php?action=show&sort=d&literal= 1&userid=249&page=9

This indicates that the FS9 version is all there is. Is it possible someone other than Milton did a Native FSX version?
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Check your PM

Current System Specs:

Thanks Falcon!
    Much appreciated!
    Born to Fly

I did an FSX native version and it got through the beta test process. It was not released. I do not remember why. LOL

I will look at it and decide if it is okay to upload. It appears to be okay at first glance.

EDIT: The best I can tell, the package is complete and up-to-date. I will do a brief FSX Accel check (without my pedals and yoke now in storage) and will upload as a beta for you. FSX Native only.

EDIT 2: Uploaded

Download Link: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...zly-FSX-Native
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails aaf.jpg   aafx.jpg   aafx2.jpg   civil.jpg   exp.jpg   ferry.jpg  

navy.jpg   post.jpg  
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; January 23rd, 2021 at 08:17.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

SOH-CM-2023
    Couple of missing minor textures. The Beacon,Guns and Landing light textures are missing. I was able to pull the needed textures from the Ventura except for the beacon...
    You can't take the sky from me...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Gladden View Post
    Couple of missing minor textures. The Beacon,Guns and Landing light textures are missing. I was able to pull the needed textures from the Ventura except for the beacon...
    Thanks Brian; I will look into that.

EDIT: Gun Textures - guns.dds ; beacon - beaconlens was missing, (just a small square dark red 64X64 texture); landing light textures was revised later and that is another story.

I found that I did not in fact upload the latest version. My Bad!

I have the last version and will update it with missing gun and beaconlens textures before uploading to replace the one I uploaded earlier. The latest version will supercede yours, and I will indicate that in the revised description.

I will need a couple hours to complete the necessary tasks.

Sorry for the screw-up.

EDIT 2: I have now uploaded the latest, updated version with several changes. See the description of the download.

As all my original development files are now archived as well as my flight controllers, correcting and testing is rather slow and cumbersome, and error-prone.
    So, I still consider this a "final" beta with possible issues.
    Missing files corrected, and all .bmp files converted to .DDS.

Download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...zly-FSX-Native
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; January 23rd, 2021 at 17:48.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

SOH-CM-2020
    Thank you Milton

Pete.

Thanks Milton, nice to see you on here. Hope you're doing well.

Current System Specs:

That would also make a lovely AI! Have you maybe also done that and forgot it in you4 cupboard, Milton? :-)

From mobile hence short
    Cheers,
    Martin

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __
    The Owl's Nest * Military Aircraft Reference * ICAO Reference * Distance Calculator * MAIW, Military AI & UKMil Reference

Thank you very much Milton!
    Much appreciated!
    Born to Fly

Milton, there are two extra folders "Grizzly Stuff" and "More Grizzly Stuff".

They appear to contain files for the panel folder. No documentation, so I'm not sure if I ignore them or install them or, or, or...
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

-Thank you very much,Milton!

Alain
    -

Many thanks Milton, the light effects are superb, thanks to your excellent textures set.
    I understand you are leaving modeling on FS, so let me please heartily thank you for your extraordinary contribution! Thousands of your creations are 'flying' daily.
    All the best, with kindest regards

Thanks Milton. Very good to hear from you!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

When I select the Grizzly in Free Flight I hear a constant noise like a drum solo as soon as the plane appears on the runway. It's outside noise only, you don't hear it in VC view. Start the engines and it disappears, shut down and it returns if you pause the sim or perform some other screen task. How do I stop that?

WarHorse47
    Milton, there are two extra folders "Grizzly Stuff" and "More Grizzly Stuff".

They appear to contain files for the panel folder. No documentation, so I'm not sure if I ignore them or install them or, or, or...
    Same question as WarHorse47 what to do with "Stuff" and "More Stuff" ???
    T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

Thanks Milton! A fun Humpday surprise to come home to! It reminds me a lot of the XF5F! (And I was very surprised to learn this thing had R3350s on it!)

Members who have read this thread: 0