INSTALLING K ADD ON SCENERY FOR EDTQ Patton Ville Germany

Thread: INSTALLING K ADD ON SCENERY FOR EDTQ Patton Ville Germany

INSTALLING K ADD ON SCENERY FOR EDTQ Patton Ville Germany

I have tried to install the above addon scenery to FS2004 without success. Examination of the folder for EDTQ shows no scenery.dat file. Anyone advise me on this?

Mal

Mal,

Are you sure you installed it in the correct place? There is no scenery.dat file in the EDTQ Pattonville folder in my install as well. But as you can see below the scenery works perfect. Even with the correct season textures.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by vonernsk View Post
    I have tried to install the above addon scenery to FS2004 without success. Examination of the folder for EDTQ shows no scenery.dat file. Anyone advise me on this?Mal
    Have you got too many addon sceneries? does it appear in your scenery.cfg file ? Once you get above 1000 fs9 has a hissy fit and sometimes doesn't write the database correctly to generate the .dat file in the scenery folder, (I'm up to 1090 myself)

If youre going to manually add it to scenery.cfg file you will need to delete from fs9 folder the scenery status.dat file (this is the database) and in your users (your name) appdata/ roaming / microsoft games/ fs9 folder (where fs9.cfg file resides ) the backup copy of scenery.cfg that is stored there these will be rebuilt once you next start fs9

ttfn

Pete
    Last edited by Motormouse; January 17th, 2021 at 03:51.

EDTQ Patton Ville Installation

Thanks Huub and Pete for your quick response. I do not have an excessive number of scenery add-ons, and do not normally have a problem with adding them using the FS9 scenery management system but this time it does not seem to work. Although I am paranoid with messing with the scenery or fs9.cfg files, as my depth of understanding of them is shallow, perhaps I could copy your installation data straight into my scenery.cfg file?

Meanwhile I will take Huub's advice and double check exactly what I have entered in my addon scenery folder.
    Tks again
    Mal

EDTQ - Prob solved

Thanks for your advice and help. Problem solved. Think it must have been a slight 'Senior Moment' in the data entry (finger problem!) stage.
    Rgds and a good new year to you.

This scenery is a nice little surprise. Very well executed. No doubt to supplement the Germany scenery series they did. Thank you.

Mal

Hi Mal,

Sometimes I realise we so speak in riddles here. I will try to explain what Pete said, which makes perfectly sense (to me at least).

In you FS9 root directory you should have a file calle scenery.cfg. you can open this file with notepad. Inside the file you will see all scenery which you have installed.

Now press "Crtl-F" and a find screen will pop up. Type Pattonvile in the search field and when Pattonville is installed correctly it will pop-up, when it doesn't it means FS9 doesn't know it.

When you exit the file make sure not to save it.

I hope this makes some sense and will help you,

Cheers,
    Huub

Our messages must have crossed. And I didn't check anymore, as I was already on my way to bed.

I'm glad you could sort it out. Like you already said, it is very nice scenery.

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 0