Help

Thread: Help

Help

I installed a clean Win 10 & Prepar3D v4.5. Everything seems to be working just fine until I try to install third party addon scenery. I have never had this problem before! Any suggestion's.

sidler

Quote Originally Posted by sidler View Post
    I installed a clean Win 10 & Prepar3D v4.5. Everything seems to be working just fine until I try to install third party addon scenery. I have never had this problem before! Any suggestion's.

sidler
    Much, much more information please.

What are you trying to install? What's going wrong?

Dave

Hi Dave

I am trying to install Falcon409 scenery (I have every scenery he has ever done!) I always lode the simulator, go to the scenery file, click on browse, go to my back up drive and double click on the scenery I want to load and click o.k. and it load's in my simulator scenery file. It does not work anymore!

p.s. I installed a clean Win 10 + Prepar3D v4.5

sidler

Quote Originally Posted by sidler View Post
    Hi Dave

I am trying to install Falcon409 scenery (I have every scenery he has ever done!) I always lode the simulator, go to the scenery file, click on browse, go to my back up drive and double click on the scenery I want to load and click o.k. and it load's in my simulator scenery file. It does not work anymore!

p.s. I installed a clean Win 10 + Prepar3D v4.5

sidler
    Instead of clicking "OK", click in the white area instead.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Instead of clicking "OK", click in the white area instead.
    Yes, it's a nasty bug in FSX - one that will probably not get fixed until everyone finds out MSFS2020 is just too complex and re-incarnate FSXI, lol !

PS. Charlie, hope to see you up and flying soon ?
    I'm currently making do with FSX as the virus thing has put my IT guy 'on hold' for a few months - his shop is closed till at least March.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Yes, it's a nasty bug in FSX - one that will probably not get fixed until everyone finds out MSFS2020 is just too complex and re-incarnate FSXI, lol !

PS. Charlie, hope to see you up and flying soon ?
    I'm currently making do with FSX as the virus thing has put my IT guy 'on hold' for a few months - his shop is closed till at least March.
    Probably won't be for a while! After this covid thing gets under control and they improve the heck out of MSFS2020!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

{fx: retires sniggering}

There's always P3D.....

{/fx}

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Probably won't be for a while! After this covid thing gets under control and they improve the heck out of MSFS2020!
    Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    {fx: retires sniggering}

There's always P3D.....

{/fx}

Dave
    Yes, my sentiments exactly. It's called being stuck between a rock and a hard place.
    MSFS graphics had left many of us in awe, and the interest in all other flightsim programs quickly began to disappear as a result.
    Now that everyone has keen interest in MSFS - we're all hoping they'll get the bugs out soon and make the main course as appealing as the appetizer.

Lately 'been finding a lot of crickets in this here once very busy FSX forum ......
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Members who have read this thread: 0