Help
Contribute Now
Goal amount for this year: 10000 USD, Received: 5,790.00 USD (58%)
Welcome Back, Unregistered     Today's Date:       Current Time: 

Please Support the SOH "2021 Charter Membership Drive"

Accepted Payment Types

Thread: Help

Help

I installed a clean Win 10 & Prepar3D v4.5. Everything seems to be working just fine until I try to install third party addon scenery. I have never had this problem before! Any suggestion's.

sidler

Quote Originally Posted by sidler View Post
    I installed a clean Win 10 & Prepar3D v4.5. Everything seems to be working just fine until I try to install third party addon scenery. I have never had this problem before! Any suggestion's.

sidler
    Much, much more information please.

What are you trying to install? What's going wrong?

Dave

Hi Dave

I am trying to install Falcon409 scenery (I have every scenery he has ever done!) I always lode the simulator, go to the scenery file, click on browse, go to my back up drive and double click on the scenery I want to load and click o.k. and it load's in my simulator scenery file. It does not work anymore!

p.s. I installed a clean Win 10 + Prepar3D v4.5

sidler

Quote Originally Posted by sidler View Post
    Hi Dave

I am trying to install Falcon409 scenery (I have every scenery he has ever done!) I always lode the simulator, go to the scenery file, click on browse, go to my back up drive and double click on the scenery I want to load and click o.k. and it load's in my simulator scenery file. It does not work anymore!

p.s. I installed a clean Win 10 + Prepar3D v4.5

sidler
    Instead of clicking "OK", click in the white area instead.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Instead of clicking "OK", click in the white area instead.
    Yes, it's a nasty bug in FSX - one that will probably not get fixed until everyone finds out MSFS2020 is just too complex and re-incarnate FSXI, lol !

PS. Charlie, hope to see you up and flying soon ?
    I'm currently making do with FSX as the virus thing has put my IT guy 'on hold' for a few months - his shop is closed till at least March.
    Cheers,
    MZee

W7 64Bit, i7 2600, 16GB DDR3, GeForce 1660Ti 6GB, Asus P8Z68-V LX, WD20EARX 2TB (64MB) SATA 3 HDD, Cooler Master GX750, NZXT 'Red' Phantom

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Yes, it's a nasty bug in FSX - one that will probably not get fixed until everyone finds out MSFS2020 is just too complex and re-incarnate FSXI, lol !

PS. Charlie, hope to see you up and flying soon ?
    I'm currently making do with FSX as the virus thing has put my IT guy 'on hold' for a few months - his shop is closed till at least March.
    Probably won't be for a while! After this covid thing gets under control and they improve the heck out of MSFS2020!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

{fx: retires sniggering}

There's always P3D.....

{/fx}

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Probably won't be for a while! After this covid thing gets under control and they improve the heck out of MSFS2020!
    Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    {fx: retires sniggering}

There's always P3D.....

{/fx}

Dave
    Yes, my sentiments exactly. It's called being stuck between a rock and a hard place.
    MSFS graphics had left many of us in awe, and the interest in all other flightsim programs quickly began to disappear as a result.
    Now that everyone has keen interest in MSFS - we're all hoping they'll get the bugs out soon and make the main course as appealing as the appetizer.

Lately 'been finding a lot of crickets in this here once very busy FSX forum ......
    Cheers,
    MZee

W7 64Bit, i7 2600, 16GB DDR3, GeForce 1660Ti 6GB, Asus P8Z68-V LX, WD20EARX 2TB (64MB) SATA 3 HDD, Cooler Master GX750, NZXT 'Red' Phantom

Members who have read this thread: 136