U60_Big Creek

Thread: U60_Big Creek

U60_Big Creek

Some shots of the completed airport.

Big_Creek-2021-jan-11-002 by Ed Wells, on Flickr

Big_Creek-2021-jan-11-001 by Ed Wells, on Flickr

Big_Creek-2021-jan-11-003 by Ed Wells, on Flickr

Anyone interested in testing this just PM me. I will note that one problem persists and I have no idea what causes it, although I suspect it has to do with the altitude of the airport. All items shift approx. 2 feet from where they were placed by IS3. If I load IS3 and load the placement file all items shift back into position, but close out the Sim and return and everything is back out of position. So if anyone has a clue as to why that's happening I'd be interested in hearing your ideas.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

A few shots of Big Creek

These are not beauty shots, just some quick pics to display how the scenery looks on my machine. Ed, I am running FSGenesis Mesh, if that matters.

Take Off

End of Runway After AEC Before Flatten Poly

Again before flatten different view

After AEC and Flatten

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.Take off run.jpg   2.After AEC before Flatten1.jpg   3.After AEC before Flatten.jpg   4.After AEC and Flatten.jpg  

FSGenesis is a good product, but I would guess that's why you have that problem. Is this airport sitting above that mesh? Also, I see a building that I didn't place in one of your pics. Is that something you added? If not then another airport may be interfering.

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    FSGenesis is a good product, but I would guess that's why you have that problem. Is this airport sitting above that mesh? Also, I see a building that I didn't place in one of your pics. Is that something you added? If not then another airport may be interfering.

I haven't added any buildings, nor have I removed any of the other versions of the airstrip. I'll look for them and take them away and see what it looks like then.

BB

Quote Originally Posted by binarkansas View Post
    I haven't added any buildings, nor have I removed any of the other versions of the airstrip. I'll look for them and take them away and see what it looks like then.
    BB
    If you installed the Freeware NA Airports package from Orbx, that may be it.

Current System Specs:

Maybe park a couple of bulldozers in the hole?

Brian

IMHO the freeware airports package mentioned above often does more harm than good when it comes to addon scenery from others.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    IMHO the freeware airports package mentioned above often does more harm than good when it comes to addon scenery from others.
    It's kind of a "good thing/bad thing". If you aren't one to download anything but Orbx products to keep your Sim "clean of any problems that unknown addon scenery might cause, the NA Freeware scenery is great because contributors at Orbx have access to all of the orbx scenery object Libraries and many of them do an excellent job of filling in the hundreds of "other airports" Orbx would never consider doing as payware.

On the other hand, the airports I do are also some of those "other" airports I just spoke of and so invariably even I would end up having to go into the Orbx folder and search out the airports that are sitting on top of my airports and delete the associated files. I finally quit installing that NA Freeware Airports package.

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    It's kind of a "good thing/bad thing". If you aren't one to download anything but Orbx products to keep your Sim "clean of any problems that unknown addon scenery might cause, the NA Freeware scenery is great because contributors at Orbx have access to all of the orbx scenery object Libraries and many of them do an excellent job of filling in the hundreds of "other airports" Orbx would never consider doing as payware.

On the other hand, the airports I do are also some of those "other" airports I just spoke of and so invariably even I would end up having to go into the Orbx folder and search out the airports that are sitting on top of my airports and delete the associated files. I finally quit installing that NA Freeware Airports package.

I really enjoy most of the orbx airport packages, but I did search out U60 and removed it, seemed to fix whatever problems I was having, also removed the flatten poly I was using..........all is well now it is a great scenery.

Just flew into this morning in my Beaver.......... Anxiously awaiting to download wilson Bar!

Again thanks for all the bush strips.

Barry

Members who have read this thread: 0