Swedish Thunderbolt

Thread: Swedish Thunderbolt

Swedish Thunderbolt

I know it's just a tad too reflective from RL. But....I love this AP!

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

The only problem with the Viggen is that the interior is all in Swedish. If you can get by that bit, then the only other thing you have to contend with is a HUD in a separate language. You see it wasn't enough to have swedish in the aircraft. No. They added something special to the Viggen. The HUD is displayed in IKEA instructions. Virtually no text. Just the bare minimum numbers so as not to confuse the pilot anymore than he already is. Just a bunch of lines that move depending on what mode.youre in. And a trusty Flight Path Marker. Brilliant! It's like giving an Abacus to the pilot and telling him to manually calculate the firing solution for a FOX 3 BVR shot, using raw radar data returns. No problem! All engagements end in the same call

"[Callsign] is.off dry, parameters. RTB, Fuel".

It's never been so easy to be a fighter pilot! SAAB. Superb.

LOL.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

The Viggen logic is like Nordic decoration style, minimalism!

I quite like it though. Anti shipping missions are my favorite. The radar scope is fun to use and lock targets. Also shooting Mavericks through that tube site.

I love this paint. Let us know when you share it.

Do you know if HB are planning a JA version?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    The only problem with the Viggen is that the interior is all in Swedish. If you can get by that bit, then the only other thing you have to contend with is a HUD in a separate language. You see it wasn't enough to have swedish in the aircraft. No. They added something special to the Viggen. The HUD is displayed in IKEA instructions. Virtually no text. Just the bare minimum numbers so as not to confuse the pilot anymore than he already is. Just a bunch of lines that move depending on what mode.youre in. And a trusty Flight Path Marker. Brilliant! It's like giving an Abacus to the pilot and telling him to manually calculate the firing solution for a FOX 3 BVR shot, using raw radar data returns. No problem! All engagements end in the same call

"[Callsign] is.off dry, parameters. RTB, Fuel".

It's never been so easy to be a fighter pilot! SAAB. Superb.

LOL.
    There is an English cockpit mod, made by Devrim available in the DCS downloads section:

DCS: AJS-37 VIGGEN Complete English Cockpit Mod (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

My favourite module.

Some of the things I like about it:

• BK90 is an awesome weapon
    • The Navigation computer is pretty simple to use and you can use the F10 map to plot waypoints before loading the data cartridge
    • It has an ELINT capability
    • It's fast
    • Thrust reverser
    • Anti Ship is a blast, literally
    • Hard to learn due to language

Some of the things I don't like:

• No chaff or flares without a pod
    • Not many default skins
    • No Air defence variant JA-37 with Skyflash missile
    • No Europe map other than Channel to fly it in
    • Reversed texture on the bit between the intake and fuselage
    • Language barrier

One of the best modules, but doesn't seem popular in multiplayer, most people tend to be flying the newer jet powered computers, myself, I prefer old school

Awesome paint job Rick, the default Viggen 64 could do with being a bit more shiny.

Yes I like this aircraft as well! That post was pure tongue in cheek!

Yes, I will release this when done. This was my first messing me around with it. I plan to make it accurate.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Must say the camouflage Viggen has one of the most if not the most complicated pattern I've ever seen! Are you planning on making that better?!

More refined.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Well, I've further refined the diffuse and specs. It's really coming along now.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Added missing FWD nose panel and black hinge assemblies, and under wing Antenna of some sort that is missing. I think it's probably RWR related... I think other than fixing some Drop Tank issues this one is complete.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

**New Correctly sized forward nose panel installed.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Members who have read this thread: 0