Meigs Field - Professional

Thread: Meigs Field - Professional

Meigs Field - Professional

A payware version of Meigs.

https://www.ztudios.com/home

I have the free version of this from flightsim.to, but that's because I didn't need the bells and whistles - especially the interiors. The AFCAD portions (for those that remember that program...) are quite nice, and provide more parking than the offering from another author on the same site.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Well apparently the vending machines do not work inside that terminal building. That's a showstopper, no buy for me.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Well apparently the vending machines do not work inside that terminal building. That's a showstopper, no buy for me.
    Definitely a nicely made video. And I was told you can flush the toilets!

Cheers,
    Huub

Freeware version

There is a freeware version available and the professional version is on sale.

https://www.ztudios.com/copia-de-home

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Comparison2.jpg  

Got the free one for now. Great addition for those who played the older versions, or remember the airport IRL.

I wonder if the Pro version has a mayor and a crew with bulldozers that come randomly in the wee hours at night to destroy it

- dcc
    - -

Quote Originally Posted by dcc View Post
    I wonder if the Pro version has a mayor and a crew with bulldozers that come randomly in the wee hours at night to destroy it

- dcc
    You can expect him to do it all on his own, no crew, like he did it before:

When that will prove not enough he will even get his vintage P-51 and bombed the runway :

Never made it to the US for real let alone Chicago/Meigs Field but seeing my beloved Meigs destroyed by this madman broke my virtual pilot's heart. And for what ??!!... ( i read that he did it because his wife wanted a park there to take a walk with her grandchildern... )

Almost right from the start of the FS Scenery Add-On franchise Meigs became the FS default airport once it became available. For me it was a matter of 1 plus 1 is 2 to adopt it as my own default airport as well. Each and every new aircraft that was added to my virtual hangar, freeware and payware alike, was tested flying circuits around KCGX Merrill C.Meigs Field Airport up until 2003 when this raving lunatic had it destroyed (in violation of FAA regulations and all! )

Remarkable how only just a few MSFS pilots seem interested in the resurrection of, what once was, THE most iconic airport in what is now our beloved and bewildered virtual flying world today...

I think the Mayor just never grew up (as your first image shows)

I lost count of the times in all the previous FS versions I took off from Meigs Field.

I purchased the Pro version because of that, and the fact that I wanted to support the creator who allowed us to bring back these experiences to us.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Never made it to the US for real let alone Chicago/Meigs Field but seeing my beloved Meigs destroyed by this madman broke my virtual pilot's heart. And for what ??!!... ( i read that he did it because his wife wanted a park there to take a walk with her grandchildern... )
    Would you please let us (poor foreigners) know who's that illuminated genius?

Quote Originally Posted by Stearman View Post
    Here's the story from a real world perspective.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meigs_Field
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Stearman View Post
    This loser: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_M._Daley

You can expect him to do it all on his own, no crew, like he did it before:
    I gotta ask, did you make that image with the toy tractor? Or is that in some past sim add-on? I like the choice of machinery. (I work for Caterpillar )

I live about 3 hours from Chicago and go there a lot. I visited Miegs several times before it was destroyed. I remember going there after we moved to Illinois in the mid 90s. My wife questioned my sanity when I insisted we visit the airport so I could see the place I had 'flown out of' all those times on the old versions of the sim. Nowadays there's a park there it's actually pretty nice, and has a great view of the city skyline, but I'd still rather see the airport and the planes.

- dcc
    - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Here's the story from a real world perspective.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meigs_Field
    Thanks for the heads-up (also to fsafranek).

I specially loved this part:
    "The required demolition notice was not given to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) or the owners of airplanes tied down at the field. As a result, sixteen planes were left stranded at the airport and an inbound flight had to be diverted by Air Traffic Control because of equipment scattered on the runway. The stranded aircraft were later allowed to depart from Meigs' 3,000-foot (910 m) taxiway".

Quote Originally Posted by dcc View Post
    I gotta ask, did you make that image with the toy tractor? Or is that in some past sim add-on? I like the choice of machinery. (I work for Caterpillar )
    Ok, i see !

Yes, i fumbled together both pics back when this unfortunate event happend. I just wanted to vent my disbelief and disgust about the impertinence and brutality of this crazy act by a mayor of all people ! I choose this picture of a little boy in a toy bulldozer to act as Mr. Daley himself because this whole sherade looked like the doings of a spoiled little brat to me.

I still can't believe he got away with it without being arrested and thrown in jail. Anybody else would've been because it was nothing but a criminal act, wasn't it. I guess mayors in the US must be inviolable...

The beauty of FS is and has always been a wonderland where one can make dreams become virtually true. I shall probabely never visit Chicago for real but when the MS Aces studio choosed Meigs Field as default airport (it may have been with FS95) i sorta fell in love with the airfield because of its position right next to a big city and in fact build upon the water next to a pleasure boat harbor. With the runway heading of 180/360 doing circuits was a no-brainer.

I kept it as my FS default airport all the way thru to the bitter end...

Cheers,
    Jan

I guess mayors in the US must be inviolable...
    Only the ones with ties to the mafia...
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Members who have read this thread: 0