Assigning "active pause" to joystick buttons?

Thread: Assigning "active pause" to joystick buttons?

Assigning "active pause" to joystick buttons?

As I understand it, the "active pause" feature in MSFS2020 does not allow for a "toggle" type assignment, but necessitates one assignment to initiate the "active pause", and the second assignment is to UN-pause, correct?

So am wondering if there's anyone out there who has found a way to assign the separate functions to TWO separate buttons? Thx, NC

Active Pause is only one button on the keyboard, so it should only be one on the controller. I hate it though, as do many others. If you're descending when you activate it, the sim keeps you descending, even though the action on the screen stops. I crashed more than once because of it. There is another pause function that takes two different assignments, but I don't bother with that either. I just use the Esc key. that pauses everything, including system functions. It also brings up the menus, but I don't care about that.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I discovered the hard way, when I took an extended coffee break while in Active Pause, that while in Active Pause you are still burning fuel! I resumed to dry tanks and spun in before I could open the fuel menu.

Anyway, I use an app called Joy2Key which assigns a key-press to a joystick button. You could easily assign the Active Pause key command to any joystick button with that, and it would work as a toggle.

August

Members who have read this thread: 0