Old Win 7 Question

Thread: Old Win 7 Question

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries

Old Win 7 Question

Hello all, I'm back in the game with a like new Win7 64bit pro computer,(what i'm been waiting for-sweet deal !) . Installed a new hd and installed os from ground zero. Can anyone remember the win7 update that interfered with CFS3? I remember there was talk of a update we should deny. I have the program that stops a certain win7 program that keeps CFS3 running and makes the cpu work harder if any remember or have that problem. Did a search but couldn't find anything. Thanks for any help. Regards,Scott

The only problem I remember was with multiplayer and you'll find the answer to that in a sticky thread above. I had Win7 from its earliest release, right up to Win 10's release, and just let the updates install as they came out, but are they available any more?

edit: yes, all bundled into SP1 from Microsoft
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Blog Entries
    Yes Major i have SP1 so i guess it'll be ok. On to loading everything i saved on a external ssd to this pc. Will be glad to be able to use the Ankor's wonderful work. Been away since the Spitfire Mk II release. Some catching up to do now. As bad as 2020 was here in SW La. getting back to CFS3 is the one bright thing that has happened in quite a while. Regards,Scott

Update causing load prob

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    Hello all, I'm back in the game with a like new Win7 64bit pro computer,(what i'm been waiting for-sweet deal !) . Installed a new hd and installed os from ground zero. Can anyone remember the win7 update that interfered with CFS3? I remember there was talk of a update we should deny. I have the program that stops a certain win7 program that keeps CFS3 running and makes the cpu work harder if any remember or have that problem. Did a search but couldn't find anything. Thanks for any help. Regards,Scott
    Hi Scott if i can remember the update is 3086255 this prevents CFS from running.

John .

Blog Entries
    Thank you Sir ! I can remember there was a bad update back in the day. Regards,Scott

Members who have read this thread: 0