Problem with weapons textures missing

Thread: Problem with weapons textures missing

Problem with weapons textures missing

I imported the Alphasim Intruder into P3DV5. Seems to look and work fine, except textures missing from the Walleye missile and pylons. I am fairly certain I ran into this problem previously, but cannot remember the fix, if there was one. Any help? Thanks, NC

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bomb and pylon textures.jpg   bomb and pylon textures.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I imported the Alphasim Intruder into P3DV5. Seems to look and work fine, except textures missing from the Walleye missile and pylons. I am fairly certain I ran into this problem previously, but cannot remember the fix, if there was one. Any help? Thanks, NC
    The MCX Material Editor (remember to check the box to highlight each selection) should show you what textures the missile and pylons use.
    Then make sure they are .DDS format......and have been flipped appropriately.
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

Quote Originally Posted by awstub View Post
    The MCX Material Editor (remember to check the box to highlight each selection) should show you what textures the missile and pylons use.
    Then make sure they are .DDS format......and have been flipped appropriately.
    Well, I downloaded MCX, but have no clue where to start. NC

I will probably get some flak for this, but seeing these issues/problems - also with other aircraft - is why I am still waiting to move to P3Dv5. Very happy with v 4.5 in the meantime.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    I will probably get some flak for this, but seeing these issues/problems - also with other aircraft - is why I am still waiting to move to P3Dv5. Very happy with v 4.5 in the meantime.
    Ah, I don't mind such problems, really. I am retired, stay at home 99% of the time, and this keeps my mind busy. NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Well, I downloaded MCX, but have no clue where to start. NC
    Watch this video to see how to use the MCX material editor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibzmEuPHEf0

The video is showing a scenery model, but it will work for all models.
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

Quote Originally Posted by awstub View Post
    Watch this video to see how to use the MCX material editor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibzmEuPHEf0

The video is showing a scenery model, but it will work for all models.
    Thanks, I will watch it! NC

Members who have read this thread: 0