mission setup causing crash

Thread: mission setup causing crash

mission setup causing crash

I'm not sure if I caused this or not. As soon as I click on the mission setup button the sim crashes. I get a message saying it has stopped working. I can hand edit the info in the mission file, but I would like to get the mission setup working again. Does anybody know how to repair this?

Thanks very much, cheers - Rick

Question Reply...

Rickyo,

What mission is it?
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Hi bud;

This happens all the time. At the moment there are no missions in the folder. I have them backed up elsewhere. If I open mission builder and click mission setup a box will appear saying, "Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator Module has stopped working." If I click on the X or "Close program" I am back on the opening screen.

Just thought I'd ask in case somebody else may have had the problem. I'm not going to worry about it much longer and typing the info in is not that much work.

Thanks and cheers - Rick

Also, thanks to you and every diehard who has added so much to this old sim. I've been grabbing the WW1 stuff like a starving pig!

Quote Originally Posted by rickyo View Post
    Hi bud;

This happens all the time. At the moment there are no missions in the folder. I have them backed up elsewhere. If I open mission builder and click mission setup a box will appear saying, "Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator Module has stopped working." If I click on the X or "Close program" I am back on the opening screen.

Just thought I'd ask in case somebody else may have had the problem. I'm not going to worry about it much longer and typing the info in is not that much work.

Thanks and cheers - Rick

Also, thanks to you and every diehard who has added so much to this old sim. I've been grabbing the WW1 stuff like a starving pig!

I've found the Mission Builder to very very sensitive to all sorts of things - sometimes you can fix it by making sure you don't do too many changes at any time (to files) so that you can find and delete any recent changes since the last time it worked ok. Every time you add aircraft or anything else, make a point of running the mission builder to check,

Keep at least one clean install as well.

Did the Mission Builder work at any time? If so did you get any Window updates since then? Sometimes updates can cause problems.

Anti virus can also cause some problems when they update.Years ago my anti virus updated and my CFS2 stopped working,what happen was the cfs2.icd got deleted in all my CFS2 installs.

TheBookie

Morning folks;

I'm thinking it's more a computer problem than mission builder. I've most likely deleted something I should have left alone. I've "created" a mission builder from every install I have and they all quit when I hit the mission setup button. I only used the mission setup for the date and weather. I have a mission with clouds in it and copy that part of the mission file into new missions. I can change the date and just leave the weather the way it is. That machine has not been online since the day I brought it home. I can still get by without any real problems. I have to learn to leave well enough alone!

Thanks - Rick

Members who have read this thread: 0